The grass is always greener . . . (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, April 19, 2018, 20:29 (2221 days ago)

I've been itching to play Destiny 2 for the past few days. I really wanted to go through the campaign again. I vaulted my gear and deleted my PS4 Hunter last night. After playing far enough to get my light back, I remembered that Destiny 2 has a trail version that allows you to play through Titan, so I downloaded that on Xbox One.

This morning I started the game and imported my original Destiny characters. I started with my Hunter, my first ever created Destiny character. It sounds stupid, maybe, but I've never been connected to my characters on PS4. I know it's functionally the same, and that it doesn't really matter, but making the transition to PS4 from Xbox during D1 and losing all my achievements and gear in the process . . . I dunno. It always felt a bit off, and it was a bummer to start Destiny 2 and get basically nothing out of that initial animation that showed all the D1 things we did.

So it was neat to fire it up on Xbox One and see my real accomplishments. Like my first ever raid, Vault of Glass, led by Blackstar, who was supremely disappointed that someone ran ahead and unintentionally showed me the cheat for the jumping puzzle.

[image]

And man, does Destiny 2 look great on the Xbox One X. I was surprised, but native 4K is a noticeable improvement on PS4's checkerboarding.

God of War comes out in an hour, but once I've finished that, I think I'll finally bite the bullet and dive into Destiny 2 on Xbox One, if I can swallow spending another $90 on the game.

The grass is always greener . . .

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, April 20, 2018, 07:19 (2221 days ago) @ cheapLEY

We should try to reform that team.

I try not to engage in too much console triumphalism but D2 does look great on the Xbox One X.

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Friday, April 20, 2018, 07:46 (2221 days ago) @ cheapLEY

someone ran ahead and unintentionally showed me the cheat for the jumping puzzle.

Well it wasn't me. I've never cheated that part. I put money and effort into a proper surround sound system, and I'm going to use it, dammit!

by cheapLEY @, Friday, April 20, 2018, 08:21 (2221 days ago) @ Kermit

We should try to reform that team.

I try not to engage in too much console triumphalism but D2 does look great on the Xbox One X.

Oh, me neither. I have and love both. After Horizon Zero Dawn and a few hours of God of War last night on the PS4 Pro, I wouldn’t denigrate that console. And the difference in D2 isn’t huge, but it was immediately noticeable. I was just surprised, and it wasn’t until I googled it that I realized that D2 on the One X is native 4K, while the Pro is checkboarded with dynamic resolution. It looks great on the Pro, still, but it is a good way to see the difference between true native 4K and checkerboard.

if you're up for day raiding, we'd love to have you!

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Friday, April 20, 2018, 08:26 (2221 days ago) @ cheapLEY

- No text -

by BlackstarBSP, Friday, April 20, 2018, 15:28 (2220 days ago) @ cheapLEY

So it was neat to fire it up on Xbox One and see my real accomplishments. Like my first ever raid, Vault of Glass, led by Blackstar, who was supremely disappointed that someone ran ahead and unintentionally showed me the cheat for the jumping puzzle.

Ah. The good 'ole days.

by Harmanimus @, Friday, April 20, 2018, 15:48 (2220 days ago) @ cheapLEY

If it makes you feel better about biting the bullet on multiple systems, I have D2 on Xbone and PC and am looking at picking it up on PS4 because I’ll be at a training event for 7 weeks this summer and will likely be bringing that instead of my other platforms. /shrug

Would be weird to see my actual first VoG clear and not my first Xbone clear, though.

Harmanimus & Blackstar

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, April 23, 2018, 09:10 (2218 days ago) @ Harmanimus

I want to do this. What day would work for you two? We can kill two birds with one stone, complete VoG for H. and get B. back in the mix (while also benefiting from Blackstar's leadership).

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread