MotS official release has been confirmed. (Destiny)

by Coaxkez, Sunday, April 29, 2018, 12:16 (2219 days ago)

MotS official release has been confirmed.

by cheapLEY @, Sunday, April 29, 2018, 12:24 (2219 days ago) @ Coaxkez

The Cosmic One has spoken. We are getting an official release of MotS.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/8fpgqo/remusic_of_the_spheres_is_gone/dy64q5y/?context=1000&st=j...

Still feels sort of weird to me. I mean, don't me wrong--I'll buy a vinyl if they put one out. Just like . . . why now? Why didn't they do it three years ago?

by Coaxkez, Sunday, April 29, 2018, 12:26 (2219 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I think we both know the answer to that.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Sunday, April 29, 2018, 12:27 (2219 days ago) @ Coaxkez
edited by Cody Miller, Sunday, April 29, 2018, 12:34

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/8fpgqo/remusic_of_the_spheres_is_gone/dy64q5y/?context=1000&st=j...

Bittersweet.

But the most important thing is it having a permanent place for the fans to enjoy.

Will it come with an emblem? :-p

by Avateur @, Sunday, April 29, 2018, 12:44 (2219 days ago) @ cheapLEY

They got their teeth kicked in when it got leaked, looked really stupid, left it up as long as they could to not appear bad, and then decided now was the time to try to profit off of it. I'm also ridiculously simplying this and probably getting some of the motivations wrong, but yeah. At the end of the day, the consumer wins. And art wins. Glad this will get an official release, because it's amazing.

Me too. At the end of the day, this is a good thing.

by Coaxkez, Sunday, April 29, 2018, 12:47 (2219 days ago) @ Avateur

- No text -

by cheapLEY @, Sunday, April 29, 2018, 12:59 (2219 days ago) @ Coaxkez

Oh, don't get me wrong. I agree that this is a good thing. It's just not a good look (although, after so long, nothing they did would be a good look), and it's very bittersweet.

by Coaxkez, Sunday, April 29, 2018, 12:59 (2219 days ago) @ cheapLEY

It is what it is. This is the best possible outcome at this point in time.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Sunday, April 29, 2018, 13:01 (2219 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Oh, don't get me wrong. I agree that this is a good thing. It's just not a good look (although, after so long, nothing they did would be a good look), and it's very bittersweet.

The real question, which may be unknowable, is whether this would have happened without the leak…

DAMN! It's about time.

by Stephen Laughlin ⌂ @, Long Beach, CA, Sunday, April 29, 2018, 13:27 (2219 days ago) @ Coaxkez

Big ups to Bungie for communicating even if it's nothing more than damage control. Can't wait to hear MotS on vinyl and FLAC.

I choose to trust Epsilon when he says there are other factors at play here. You know, a lotta ins, lotta outs, lotta what-have-you's. Bungie is not evil. There are obviously many things which we do not understand, and may never be able to.

I hope it actually does get released.

by Funkmon @, Sunday, April 29, 2018, 13:31 (2219 days ago) @ Stephen Laughlin

- No text -

DAMN! It's about time.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Sunday, April 29, 2018, 13:54 (2219 days ago) @ Stephen Laughlin

Why does everyone want this on Vinyl? Don’t you want it to sound as good as possible? :-p

I can't believe I have a reason to use this 'shop again:

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Sunday, April 29, 2018, 15:30 (2219 days ago) @ Cody Miller
edited by CyberKN, Sunday, April 29, 2018, 15:34

I want it on vinyl . . .

by Harmanimus @, Sunday, April 29, 2018, 17:58 (2219 days ago) @ Cody Miller

. . . So I can listen to it in my secure office at work. Because a record player is the best way to handle that.

DAMN! It's about time.

by Stephen Laughlin ⌂ @, Long Beach, CA, Sunday, April 29, 2018, 20:10 (2219 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Why does everyone want this on Vinyl? Don’t you want it to sound as good as possible? :-p

I have a few reasons. Album art and audio fidelity mostly. :)

Due to the physical limitations of cut grooves on a vinyl record there's usually a lot less compression applied to the vinyl master as there is to a CD and digital release of the same album. Hence, more dynamic range (contrast between quiet and loud), especially important in classical music. See: the loudness wars.

Go on, enjoy your brickwall limited digital 128k streaming and I'll just be over here sipping scotch listening to all my dynamic ranges in pure analog style. Open the horizons of your eeeaaars bro.

I NEED this emblem...

by Stephen Laughlin ⌂ @, Long Beach, CA, Sunday, April 29, 2018, 20:25 (2219 days ago) @ CyberKN

- No text -

DAMN! It's about time.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Sunday, April 29, 2018, 20:53 (2219 days ago) @ Stephen Laughlin
edited by Cody Miller, Sunday, April 29, 2018, 21:24

I have a few reasons. Album art and audio fidelity mostly. :)

Due to the physical limitations of cut grooves on a vinyl record there's usually a lot less compression applied to the vinyl master as there is to a CD and digital release of the same album. Hence, more dynamic range (contrast between quiet and loud), especially important in classical music. See: the loudness wars.

That can be fixed by not compressing the master you press to CD. The loudness wars highlights a creative trend in the mastering, not a limitation of the format. In fact, 16 bit audio has considerably more dynamic range than a vinyl. With proper dithering a CD can go from a mosquito buzzing 5 feet from your ear, to the threshold of pain. You have it backwards - a CD has more dynamic range to work with.

The Vinyl gives ~70db dynamic range. The CD at worst gives 96db if you don't even bother with dithering. That's more than a 100x difference.

The 16-bit compact disc has a theoretical undithered dynamic range of about 96 dB,[20][d] however, the perceived dynamic range of 16-bit audio can be 120 dB or more with noise-shaped dither, taking advantage of the frequency response of the human ear.[21][22]

Early 78 rpm phonograph discs had a dynamic range of up to 40 dB,[24] soon reduced to 30 dB and worse due to wear from repeated play. Vinyl microgroove phonograph records typically yield 55-65 dB, though the first play of the higher-fidelity outer rings can achieve a dynamic range of 70 dB.[25]

DAMN! It's about time.

by Stephen Laughlin ⌂ @, Long Beach, CA, Sunday, April 29, 2018, 22:48 (2219 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Damn dude! Mind blown. Then why does it seem like so many vinyl masters have a wider dynamic range than their CD counterparts? I assume it's partly the tendency of engineers to gear their production choices with each format for a targeted audience / listening environment. Eg. Vinyls given the audiophile treatment since most record player owners are listening at home on a nice pair of cans or a fancy audio setup vs. CD car listening where nobody's going to hear or appreciate the dynamics.

Gimme that MoTS audiophile mix, Bungie.

by FyreWulff, Monday, April 30, 2018, 04:10 (2219 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Still feels sort of weird to me. I mean, don't me wrong--I'll buy a vinyl if they put one out. Just like . . . why now? Why didn't they do it three years ago?

Private stuff you'll never hear about

Funkmon uses it as his gamerpic.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, April 30, 2018, 08:01 (2218 days ago) @ Stephen Laughlin

It gives me a reason to like him. ;-)

DAMN! It's about time.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, April 30, 2018, 08:05 (2218 days ago) @ Stephen Laughlin

Go on, enjoy your brickwall limited digital 128k streaming and I'll just be over here sipping scotch listening to all my dynamic ranges in pure analog style. Open the horizons of your eeeaaars bro.

Dude. You had me a scotch.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, April 30, 2018, 08:47 (2218 days ago) @ FyreWulff

Private stuff you'll never hear about

Why they didn’t release it 3 years ago is public. Why now we might never know.

by Coaxkez, Monday, April 30, 2018, 09:53 (2218 days ago) @ Cody Miller

You mean it's not going to be in your Bungie retrospective book?

(That book will be an instant purchase from me when it comes out, by the way. This company is absolutely fascinating.)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, April 30, 2018, 10:01 (2218 days ago) @ Coaxkez

(That book will be an instant purchase from me when it comes out, by the way. This company is absolutely fascinating.)

It is. It's a shame that they don't really want to help me tell their story. If they did, the process would be… much easier.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, April 30, 2018, 10:05 (2218 days ago) @ Coaxkez

Bungie’s impending release of Music of the Spheres appeared to be a surprise to O’Donnell.

That's… kind of lame isn't it? Bungie doesn't have to like him, but at least let him know.

Jealous!

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Monday, April 30, 2018, 10:23 (2218 days ago) @ Kermit

I didn't hook my 360 up to the internet until after Halo 3 was already out, so I missed out on that pack.

Side note: I re-upped my gold subscription this weekend to play ODST Firefight with a friend in Brazil. We should play again sometime soon!

by cheapLEY @, Monday, April 30, 2018, 10:24 (2218 days ago) @ Cody Miller

A perfect example of why it still leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Jealous!

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, April 30, 2018, 10:30 (2218 days ago) @ CyberKN

I didn't hook my 360 up to the internet until after Halo 3 was already out, so I missed out on that pack.

Side note: I re-upped my gold subscription this weekend to play ODST Firefight with a friend in Brazil. We should play again sometime soon.

Always up for ODST firefight or campaign.

Fun fact!

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, April 30, 2018, 10:38 (2218 days ago) @ Coaxkez

(This post has been my excuse to try out the new tweet function. Pretty neat. I regret nothing.)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, April 30, 2018, 10:42 (2218 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Fun fact!

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, April 30, 2018, 11:10 (2218 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

(This post has been my excuse to try out the new tweet function. Pretty neat. I regret nothing.)

If you were halfway through the fifth grade when Bungie promised that patch for Marathon 2, you'd be 33 years old now. :-p

Thank you, Cody...

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Monday, April 30, 2018, 12:01 (2218 days ago) @ Cody Miller

That can be fixed by not compressing the master you press to CD. The loudness wars highlights a creative trend in the mastering, not a limitation of the format. In fact, 16 bit audio has considerably more dynamic range than a vinyl. With proper dithering a CD can go from a mosquito buzzing 5 feet from your ear, to the threshold of pain. You have it backwards - a CD has more dynamic range to work with.

The Vinyl gives ~70db dynamic range. The CD at worst gives 96db if you don't even bother with dithering. That's more than a 100x difference.

I was about to blow a gasket, so thank you for stepping in. :) It's all in the mastering, boys and girls. And a Red Book of Westmarch Compact Disk is unbelievably great for audio. It baffles me how much this still isn't appreciated, given that the standard is almost 40 years old. Yes. Forty.

Thank you, Cody...

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Monday, April 30, 2018, 12:42 (2218 days ago) @ Beorn

Mastering is one thing, but any audiophile worth their salt knows that, in reality, it's all in the cable. Your average audio cable introduces so much noise into the equation it's a wonder at all you can hear any detail at all. Obviously, there would be no market for something like Pono's Ponoplayer if the audio quality of the normal iPhone or Android phone actually had decent audio.

But, yeah, you can't and don't always want to use a high quality mp3 player. You want big audio reverberating throughout a space so it can be enjoyed by friends and family, right? For that you want good speakers, sure, but speakers don’t matter near as much as the cable running from your audio source to your spearks.

For a long time I was a part of the crowd that thought any cable would do, but then a friend let me hear his audio setup that was connected with Sapphire Reference Mk.2 cables from Danacable. (http://danacables.com/product/sapphire-reference-mk-2/) It was like nothing I’ve ever heard before and I highly recommend everyone do their audio setups with these cables. Like, it was like going to a full symphony times ten.

[image]

Clearly, the spam filter is on holiday…

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Monday, April 30, 2018, 12:46 (2218 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Thank you for your… input… Raga.

I may have challenged Raga to post some horrible audio advice. He won.

Thank you, Cody...

by cheapLEY @, Monday, April 30, 2018, 13:46 (2218 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Only Monster gold-plated HDMI cables for me too!

16-gauge lamp cord

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, April 30, 2018, 14:06 (2218 days ago) @ Ragashingo

- No text -

In beautiful high resolution!

by Funkmon @, Monday, April 30, 2018, 22:29 (2218 days ago) @ Kermit

[image]

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧It's Beau-ti-ful✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, April 30, 2018, 23:20 (2218 days ago) @ Funkmon

- No text -

A little Marty goes a long way.

by Coaxkez, Tuesday, May 01, 2018, 06:19 (2217 days ago) @ Funkmon

- No text -

This is fantastic news.

by ncsuDuncan @, Tuesday, May 01, 2018, 08:19 (2217 days ago) @ Coaxkez

I'm happy to hear this is finally happening in some form. The leak was an awesome holiday miracle, but if this means MotS will be on vinyl and Spotify I'll gladly drop a few bucks and delete those MP3s.

Thank you, Cody...

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Tuesday, May 01, 2018, 11:20 (2217 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Those so called great cables won't mean anything if they are picking up debris from the floor and messing up the smoothness of your feed! Invest in cable elevators, first. The site this photo comes from explains how much faster his bass is now that he has them.

[image]

A Steal at $20 each!

Poppycock!

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, May 01, 2018, 12:01 (2217 days ago) @ Ragashingo
edited by INSANEdrive, Tuesday, May 01, 2018, 12:05

Mastering is one thing, but any audiophile worth their salt knows that, in reality, it's all in the cable. Your average audio cable introduces so much noise into the equation it's a wonder at all you can hear any detail at all. Obviously, there would be no market for something like Pono's Ponoplayer if the audio quality of the normal iPhone or Android phone actually had decent audio.

But, yeah, you can't and don't always want to use a high quality mp3 player. You want big audio reverberating throughout a space so it can be enjoyed by friends and family, right? For that you want good speakers, sure, but speakers don’t matter near as much as the cable running from your audio source to your spearks.

For a long time I was a part of the crowd that thought any cable would do, but then a friend let me hear his audio setup that was connected with Sapphire Reference Mk.2 cables from Danacable. (http://danacables.com/product/sapphire-reference-mk-2/) It was like nothing I’ve ever heard before and I highly recommend everyone do their audio setups with these cables. Like, it was like going to a full symphony times ten.

[image]

Pl-EASE! Any Audiophile worth their salt KNOWS that what determines sound is the PRICE!

MORE EXPENSIVE MEANS MORE BETTER!

[̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]

ABYSS Model AB-1266 Phi Headphones - $5,495.00

Acousticbuoy DAC 2488 V.3 - $6,000.00

Wilson Audio's WAMM Master Chronosonic - $600,000.00

[image]

(Not Listed: Preamplifier, Amplifier, Cables, Resonance Control, Powerline conditioning, and Room Treatments.)

Anything else, and you're simply a plebeian without the sophisticated audiophile tastes of...

*BAW-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH* /s

... Whatever man...

♪~ ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Q: Do we think Bungie will include the MotS accomp. poetry?

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Tuesday, May 01, 2018, 18:33 (2217 days ago) @ Coaxkez

Q: Do we think Bungie will include the Music of the Spheres accompanying poetry?

A:

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, May 01, 2018, 18:45 (2217 days ago) @ Pyromancy

It'd be a shame for them to half-ass it at this point, so I hope so.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, May 01, 2018, 19:13 (2217 days ago) @ cheapLEY

It'd be a shame for them to half-ass it at this point, so I hope so.

Owen Spence seemed to hint as much. I think they will.

by zumphry ⌂ @, Wednesday, May 02, 2018, 13:56 (2216 days ago) @ Cody Miller

It is. It's a shame that they don't really want to help me tell their story. If they did, the process would be… much easier.

Preaching to the conductor of the choir here, but Bungie's a different company now than the one that let Hamish Sinclair write the Marathon Scrapbook. Even then, there was probably still "massaging" done since we all know companies love to throw things down memory holes and control their Brand™.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, May 02, 2018, 14:32 (2216 days ago) @ zumphry

Even then, there was probably still "massaging" done since we all know companies love to throw things down memory holes and control their Brand™.

Which makes it surprising to me. They basically told me "write whatever you want". They have zero interest in helping to shape the narrative.

And so I have to piece it together.

Is that not arguably better?

by Coaxkez, Wednesday, May 02, 2018, 18:14 (2216 days ago) @ Cody Miller

By giving you their blessing to write whatever you want and staying out of your way, they are making no effort to "smooth over" the truth. They may not be helping you out, but at the same time, they're also not trying to misrepresent anything that happened.

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, May 02, 2018, 18:41 (2216 days ago) @ Coaxkez

By giving you their blessing to write whatever you want and staying out of your way, they are making no effort to "smooth over" the truth. They may not be helping you out, but at the same time, they're also not trying to misrepresent anything that happened.

Maybe he's changed the scope of the book, but the last I heard it was the history of Bungie up until Destiny. It wouldn't cover any of the fallout or stuff surrounding the release of the first Destiny.

I don't want to speak for Cody, but I got the impression that this was a book that was more about celebrating Bungie and telling their story, and not a "gotcha" of their dirty secrets.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, May 02, 2018, 19:05 (2216 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I don't know why they would misrepresent the stuff I want to as them about… most of that has to do with how this awesome thing in their awesome game came to be, or fun stories and the like.

I don't want to speak for Cody, but I got the impression that this was a book that was more about celebrating Bungie and telling their story, and not a "gotcha" of their dirty secrets.

Yes exactly! It's a celebration. Maybe too much. Someone told me that the detailed analysis of the Halo animation system vs Oni's was "not that exciting" :-p

But I have decided to cover Destiny, partially because Bungie themselves appear to be "smoothing over" the truth and rewriting history, and partly because a lot of what's been reported is 'almost' right. Close enough, but lacking some important context.

It's also a hugely important point for Bungie as a company.

Just to clarify for the record...

by Coaxkez, Wednesday, May 02, 2018, 19:19 (2216 days ago) @ Cody Miller
edited by Coaxkez, Wednesday, May 02, 2018, 19:27

In consideration of the current climate of negativity surrounding this game, I feel it necessary to make this clear. I was never under the impression that Cody was writing a "gotcha" book and I have little interest in reading something like that. That's not really what I look for in behind-the-scenes histories. To me, the appeal of books like these is to expose the truth of the creative process in all its unvarnished glory. That doesn't always mean revealing sordid secrets, although it sometimes does if and when they are relevant to demystifying the creative process.

The main goal of a behind-the-scenes book is to chronicle how a creative idea was developed and refined into the final product that we know and love today. Most of that involves an exploration of how the key creative minds who worked on the project think so that we may better understand how they came up with the final product, as well as how they worked (or didn't work) with each other and how the important creative decisions were made. The outstanding "Making of Star Wars" books by J. W. Rinzler are a good example of what I'm talking about here.

The benefit of writing such a book without interference from Bungie, or more accurately without an attempt from Bungie to control the narrative, is that Cody can record that chronicle more accurately. It's more work for him, of course, but he should be able to develop a more objective narrative by piecing it together on his own. Anything Bungie could give him in an official capacity would be inevitably biased. That's not a knock against Bungie; it's just the way these things work. When Rinzler was writing his Making of Star Wars books, he had access to the man himself, the one and only George Lucas, but he did not rely upon Lucas's accounting of events and was not afraid to contradict it if he felt that he was... shall we say... misremembering the way things really happened.

That re-writing of history is a natural phenomenon and it doesn't have to be malicious. Many times, creators simply forget what really happened, or their memories of the creative process become twisted over time. They aren't necessarily lying. This is why historians interview as many witnesses as possible when chronicling an event.

Fun fact!

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, May 03, 2018, 16:16 (2215 days ago) @ Cody Miller

If you were halfway through the fifth grade when Bungie promised that patch for Marathon 2, you'd be 33 years old now. :-p

But who's counting.

Cody is.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, May 04, 2018, 16:50 (2214 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Upshot is that I’d love to stop being snarky about Bungie, but they just can’t seem to stop insulting me.

https://kotaku.com/bungie-says-it-will-release-destinys-music-of-the-spher-1825691821

[image]

Q: What is the best way to draw out An Elder?

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Monday, May 14, 2018, 23:22 (2204 days ago) @ Pyromancy
edited by Pyromancy, Monday, May 14, 2018, 23:30

A:

by OS_Epsilon, Thursday, May 17, 2018, 00:14 (2202 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Hey. I'm Owen Spence, the person who leaked it. I can 100% confirm it would have happened without the leak. No further comment.

From Epsilon himself

by OS_Epsilon, Thursday, May 17, 2018, 00:24 (2202 days ago) @ Stephen Laughlin

"I trust Epsilon" is a sentence I appreciate very much. I mostly have a known presence on Reddit rather than on here, one I've built for 3 years. I had hoped those filthy animals I could at times call family would choose to trust me after all I've done for them. I was 1000000% WRONG. And it bothers me still after the fact.

A non-answer from someone who has read said poetry.

by OS_Epsilon, Thursday, May 17, 2018, 00:38 (2202 days ago) @ Pyromancy

Oh god, someone is reading my mind again.

If Bungie doesn't I will personally have a fit about it. Not only have I read Malcolm's MOTS poetry but I have read the extras he wrote for general Destiny. It's all the most amazing poetry I've ever read with allusions to ancient concepts like "Quicksilver Messenger", Apollo, etc. The imagery is amazing. Byf and Moonvald did a wonderful job reading it for my now shut down project too. You've never heard Byf reading like he did for Mars in particular.

Basically the poetry is split into 14 poems- 2 for each of the 7 Spheres. One heavenly day, one hellish night. The heavenly spheres are about victory and hope, the hellish spheres speak of death and sorrow. This concept of pairs, I believe, is heavily carried into the core of the music as well. Let's just say Marty is brilliant.

I have good news and bad news. The good news is that no matter what, if Bungie releases MOTS, the poetry WILL COME OUT! The bad news is that if not by Bungie, it will be a 730 day wait for Malcolm's contract to allow him to release it. Basically, as a poet who publishes anthologies of poetry as paid books, he wanted to be able to include MOTS poetry in collections. The deal was that 2 years after the release of MOTS, he can do that. That means that once MOTS comes out, the clock starts ticking for us to release it and use it for the community to enjoy.

I really want people to try to pressure Bungie into doing this so we can release the Byf/Moon recordings sooner. It's important to my soul and my heart, which are both very passionate about all of Music of the Spheres as I am sure you all know by now.

by OS_Epsilon, Thursday, May 17, 2018, 00:40 (2202 days ago) @ Cody Miller

While I know that Bungie has been planning MOTS for a long time (years in fact) I do NOT know about if they will release the poetry. I want them to though. I have read the poetry myself and I pray for all to do the same someday.

by OS_Epsilon, Thursday, May 17, 2018, 00:40 (2202 days ago) @ Pyromancy

For me, it's as simple as messaging him on Facebook :P

Effort like mine gets you places, it turns out.

by OS_Epsilon, Thursday, May 17, 2018, 00:43 (2202 days ago) @ Coaxkez

Oh god. Ohhhhh oh god. Reddit pissed me off that night and after I begged Cozmo to tell them about MOTS so they'd stop harassing me and Bungie devs, this finally happened. I am still waiting for a formal apology for all those downvotes god damn it. I tried to hint them in the right direction that everything would be okay. Look where being calm and positive gets you in that hell hole of a subreddit.

[Maybe I really should just start coming here instead? Am I welcome here?]

by breitzen @, Kansas, Thursday, May 17, 2018, 06:09 (2202 days ago) @ OS_Epsilon

Oh god. Ohhhhh oh god. Reddit pissed me off that night and after I begged Cozmo to tell them about MOTS so they'd stop harassing me and Bungie devs, this finally happened. I am still waiting for a formal apology for all those downvotes god damn it. I tried to hint them in the right direction that everything would be okay. Look where being calm and positive gets you in that hell hole of a subreddit.

[Maybe I really should just start coming here instead? Am I welcome here?]

Yeah. Classic Reddit I suppose. DBO is the coolest place in town, and is open to anyone who wants to come through the door!

Of course!

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, May 17, 2018, 11:27 (2201 days ago) @ OS_Epsilon

- No text -

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, May 17, 2018, 13:11 (2201 days ago) @ OS_Epsilon

I tried to hint them in the right direction that everything would be okay. Look where being calm and positive gets you in that hell hole of a subreddit.

Yeah, I read that and it definitely seemed like you were hinting at an official release. So many Redditors though just expect the worst out of Bungie (or any company for that matter).

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread