Override Frequency (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, May 08, 2018, 13:45 (2190 days ago)
edited by Cody Miller, Tuesday, May 08, 2018, 13:54

Admin Edit: Cody doesn't know how to provide context for his spoilers. This is re: new Warmind content.

So there's these floating pyramids scattered all over… anybody find the "override frequency" to unlock them?

Man

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, May 08, 2018, 14:50 (2190 days ago) @ Cody Miller

So I figured it out.

This is a lot of grinding. Not cool :-(

Man

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, May 08, 2018, 15:11 (2190 days ago) @ Cody Miller

So I figured it out.

What did you expect? That’s what people asked for. Hopefully it’s not as bad as the Lost Prophecies.

Man

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, May 08, 2018, 15:25 (2190 days ago) @ cheapLEY

So I figured it out.

What did you expect? That’s what people asked for. Hopefully it’s not as bad as the Lost Prophecies.

Tracking down the caches: fun.

Running around trying to figure out which of the caches your code opens: stupid

Back in Taken King, it would tell you like "requires Xol key" or whatever. At least then when you found the key, you could remember what it opened.

Man

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, May 08, 2018, 16:03 (2190 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Lol

We clearly have a vastly different definition of grinding if that’s what you’re complaining about.

Man

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, May 08, 2018, 16:26 (2190 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Lol

We clearly have a vastly different definition of grinding if that’s what you’re complaining about.

Each frequency is one use only… to get another you have to do it all again.

Man

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, May 08, 2018, 17:08 (2190 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Lol

So… if you look at the item it at least gives you a clue as to where it's to be used. But you still have to grind for the pieces each time.

Grind?

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Wednesday, May 09, 2018, 06:51 (2189 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Lol

So… if you look at the item it at least gives you a clue as to where it's to be used. But you still have to grind for the pieces each time.

Those things were dropping like candy for me. in the space of an hour or 2 I got 8 and I wasn't even trying.

Grind?

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, May 09, 2018, 08:14 (2189 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

Lol

Those things were dropping like candy for me. in the space of an hour or 2 I got 8 and I wasn't even trying.

8 is enough to make two keys. I have a quest step where I have to open 15 of them. 2 keys per hour means 7.5 hours of patrols / Public events. Really?

Grind?

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Wednesday, May 09, 2018, 09:16 (2189 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Lol

8 is enough to make two keys. I have a quest step where I have to open 15 of them. 2 keys per hour means 7.5 hours of patrols / Public events. Really?

It really depends on how you think about it. You are expecting to finish in 30 minutes. It's not that simple man, don't grind for it, play the game and you will be done in no time. 7.5 hours of causal playing is nothing!

Grind?

by EffortlessFury @, Wednesday, May 09, 2018, 09:56 (2189 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Lol

Cody, I think your problem is that you look at each activity with a singular, laser focus. The idea behind some of these systems is that your gameplay time is making slow progress toward several goals simultaneously rather than steady progress toward only one.

Grind?

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, May 09, 2018, 10:40 (2189 days ago) @ EffortlessFury

Lol

Cody, I think your problem is that you look at each activity with a singular, laser focus. The idea behind some of these systems is that your gameplay time is making slow progress toward several goals simultaneously rather than steady progress toward only one.

But it’s not. You are assuming that the activities that award the fragments are things I would actually do during the course of my normal play. Patrols are boring and mind numbing. Public events are fun only the first few times, and I rarely encounter them because I don’t do patrol mode. If I just played the game, I would never finish this quest.

Grind?

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, May 09, 2018, 11:04 (2189 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Seems like you should maybe just not do that quest then?

Grind?

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, May 09, 2018, 11:40 (2189 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Maybe I want Sleeper Simulant (or whatever it gives).

Grind?

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, May 09, 2018, 12:17 (2189 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Maybe I want Sleeper Simulant (or whatever it gives).

Well, then I guess you have to consider how much you want it.

I don’t think it’s perfect, but I think it’s fine. Not all content needs to be for every player. And I think having things that ensure players are actually out in Patrol is key to making Destiny a good experience. Patrols are fun when they’re populated, and completely boring when they’re not. Having quests that players slowly do by completing objectives in the patrol spaces is a smart move, I think. Sure, it’s unfortunate that you don’t like doing that, but I think you potentially could if you would approach the game on its own terms instead of trying to bend it to your will.

Grind?

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Thursday, May 10, 2018, 14:35 (2188 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I virtually never set out explicitly to do patrols. I just grab them when I happen to be out in the world doing other stuff.

Grind?

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Wednesday, May 09, 2018, 09:58 (2189 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Lol

These are the kind of tasks I enjoy. My play style is more laid back, not so sweaty, so I enjoy the long drawn out achievements.

Man

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Tuesday, May 08, 2018, 17:30 (2190 days ago) @ Cody Miller

So I figured it out.

You made it 5 hours before complaining! Not bad :P

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread