Where's my WOMP WOMP? (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, May 11, 2018, 14:18 (2187 days ago)

I love what the new Graviton Lance can do, but still...

Where's my WOMP WOMP?

by cheapLEY @, Friday, May 11, 2018, 15:43 (2187 days ago) @ Kermit

Am I the only one that prefers old Graviton Lance? The new seeker orbs are fantastic, but I miss the traditional burst fire and the sound effects of the original.

Where's my WOMP WOMP?

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Saturday, May 12, 2018, 01:52 (2187 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I wouldn't say I prefer the old firing behavior at all. It was unique, but its practical range was extremely limited because of the way it recoiled. New way is better for actually hitting things, no doubt about it.

As far as the sound, I did love the original, of course. But it sounded like it was firing 3 shots. Having the same sound on a 2-shot weapon just... doesn't work. And I love the new sound just as much.

So... I dunno. I was actually a fan of the original, but prefer is too strong a word in my case. What I do know is, I was actually whooping and laughing using the new one for the first time Tuesday night (same thing happened with Skyburner's Oath).

Where's my WOMP WOMP?

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Saturday, May 12, 2018, 13:02 (2186 days ago) @ stabbim

I wouldn't say I prefer the old firing behavior at all. It was unique, but its practical range was extremely limited because of the way it recoiled. New way is better for actually hitting things, no doubt about it.

As far as the sound, I did love the original, of course. But it sounded like it was firing 3 shots. Having the same sound on a 2-shot weapon just... doesn't work. And I love the new sound just as much.

So... I dunno. I was actually a fan of the original, but prefer is too strong a word in my case. What I do know is, I was actually whooping and laughing using the new one for the first time Tuesday night (same thing happened with Skyburner's Oath).

I alternated between both all the way through the campaign. I disagree about the graviton sound though--the old sound was much better.

Oh boy, Skyburner's is giddy fun

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Saturday, May 12, 2018, 14:29 (2186 days ago) @ stabbim

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread