After 1 week of Warmind, I'm looking forward to... (Destiny)

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Tuesday, May 15, 2018, 06:19 (2183 days ago)

So we've had the expansion for a week. What have you learned and what are you looking forward to?

Here's my list.

1. Dat Shader! I saw a video of level 7 completion of Escalation Protocol and they were awarded black and orange shaders! I don't think I've been part of a group that is yet to beat the level one boss so I'm looking forward to getting stronger and earning that shader.

2. Dat ships and sparrows! So far, I'm happy with the variety I've seen in the new ships and sparrows.

3. Dat exotics! The new exotics are fun. I've been working on the Crimson upgrade thing and my goodness it's going to take a long time to collect those headshots. Played my first game of crucible last night and wrecked faces with Graviton Lance. Excited to see how everything else performs.

4. Dat collectibles! I love this stuff, it's right up my alley. I'm able to collect 2-4 nodes per night. Looking forward to finding all of them then moving on to the holographs. The nodes are pretty sneaky sometimes and require some hunting. The holographs will require tutorials to find them all.

After 1 week of Warmind, I'm looking forward to...

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Tuesday, May 15, 2018, 06:29 (2183 days ago) @ ManKitten

3. Dat exotics! The new exotics are fun. I've been working on the Crimson upgrade thing and my goodness it's going to take a long time to collect those headshots.

Headshots? It just says kill enemies of humanity. Do you have info I don't!?

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, May 15, 2018, 06:32 (2183 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

3. Dat exotics! The new exotics are fun. I've been working on the Crimson upgrade thing and my goodness it's going to take a long time to collect those headshots.

When you get a Catalyst it gives you another objective to actually forge it and make the gun a Masterwork. Vigilance Wing is 250 Crucibld kills, for example. I guess Crimson’s is headshots.

Catalysts

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Tuesday, May 15, 2018, 06:33 (2183 days ago) @ cheapLEY

When you get a Catalyst it gives you another objective to actually forge it and make the gun a Masterwork. Vigilance Wing is 250 Crucibld kills, for example. I guess Crimson’s is headshots.

I really wish I knew how hard it was to initially get the Catalyst cause I'm been wrecking with Crimson a lot and nothing. Does anyone know what happens when you get a catalyst? Does it drop something to pick up? Does it just notify you?

Catalysts

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Tuesday, May 15, 2018, 06:38 (2183 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

I really wish I knew how hard it was to initially get the Catalyst cause I'm been wrecking with Crimson a lot and nothing. Does anyone know what happens when you get a catalyst? Does it drop something to pick up? Does it just notify you?

I got the Crimson Catalyst during a patrol. One of the enemies dropped a yellow pyramid.

Catalysts

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Tuesday, May 15, 2018, 06:40 (2183 days ago) @ ManKitten

I got the Crimson Catalyst during a patrol. One of the enemies dropped a yellow pyramid.

Huh, I wonder if it's possible for it to drop and not notice it. Or does it go in your stash? I'm paranoid I'm gonna kill something at range and not notice the catalyst drop :(

Catalysts

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, May 15, 2018, 06:41 (2183 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

I believe it drops a gold Triangle-Thingy similar to the green Triangle-Thingies that flop out of Strike Chests. It'll pop up as a "Name-O-Gun Catalyst" in your loot feed. And no, you do not need the gun anywhere on your character. I got them for Crimson and Tractor Cannon without having those in character inventory.

Catalysts

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Tuesday, May 15, 2018, 06:45 (2183 days ago) @ Ragashingo

I believe it drops a gold Triangle-Thingy similar to the green Triangle-Thingies that flop out of Strike Chests. It'll pop up as a "Name-O-Gun Catalyst" in your loot feed. And no, you do not need the gun anywhere on your character. I got them for Crimson and Tractor Cannon without having those in character inventory.

Interesting... Do you know if you have to pick them up for you to "acquire" them? I assume so, but I didn't know if they went to you stash if you miss them.

Catalysts

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, May 15, 2018, 08:18 (2183 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

Interesting... Do you know if you have to pick them up for you to "acquire" them? I assume so, but I didn't know if they went to you stash if you miss them.

At worst, I’d think they’d end up at the Postmaster like anything else.

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Wednesday, May 16, 2018, 09:06 (2182 days ago) @ cheapLEY

To further clarify, simply applying the Catalyst will make it SORT of a masterwork. It gets the orb generation and kill-tracking parts right away. The objective it then gives you (headshots, in Crimson's case), is to earn the stat bonus (which is range for Crimson, I think).

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Tuesday, May 15, 2018, 06:37 (2183 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

Well, I can't find any answers after some quick Googling and the DIM doesn't say anything about what has to be done but I'm pretty sure I have to kill enemies with headshots, which made since since it's a weapon that auto reloads and refills ammo with headshot kills.

Even if it's not headshots, I'm only at about 30% after 3 hours of play.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Tuesday, May 15, 2018, 06:51 (2183 days ago) @ ManKitten

Doing an Escalation Protocol without getting insta-killed and losing on Level 1.

git pull --commit gud

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, May 15, 2018, 10:17 (2183 days ago) @ Morpheus

But seriously, never do it alone and never be close to enemies if you're under 340

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, May 15, 2018, 08:24 (2183 days ago) @ ManKitten

1. Dat Shader! I saw a video of level 7 completion of Escalation Protocol and they were awarded black and orange shaders! I don't think I've been part of a group that is yet to beat the level one boss so I'm looking forward to getting stronger and earning that shader.

I was part of a group of randos last night that just missed taking the Ogre down. We needed an extra five seconds and we’d have had him. It’s odd—I hate that the raid lair is locked away behind such a high level requirement, but I love that Escalation Protocol is.

2. Dat ships and sparrows! So far, I'm happy with the variety I've seen in the new ships and sparrows.

I love that we’re seeing more design variety in the ships and sparrows. Now if they would just bring back good Hunter cloaks. Ana Bray’s cloak looks like something we could have had in D1. How come none of the player cloaks look anywhere near that good?

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Tuesday, May 15, 2018, 08:42 (2183 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Now if they would just bring back good Hunter cloaks. Ana Bray’s cloak looks like something we could have had in D1. How come none of the player cloaks look anywhere near that good?

Totally agree. Armor is seriously lacking. Everything looks like it's space magic armor. I want my hunter to look ragged and haggard, like he has been out in the wilds for ages and has been through numerous battles. Hashtag bring back the grunge!

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Wednesday, May 16, 2018, 09:13 (2182 days ago) @ ManKitten

[image]

My Gunslinger looks a bit different now since it's usually running Celestial Nighthawk, but the rest of the look is still there.

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, May 16, 2018, 09:32 (2182 days ago) @ stabbim

[image]

My Gunslinger looks a bit different now since it's usually running Celestial Nighthawk, but the rest of the look is still there.

Yeah I actually quite like most of the Hunter armor (except toe shoes!). It’s just that all the cloaks are boring in comparison to the stuff the Speaker sold in D1. Ana Bray’s cloak looks exactly like it could have been one of those, and I hope we see player cloaks move more in that direction.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Tuesday, May 15, 2018, 08:58 (2183 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I was part of a group of randos last night that just missed taking the Ogre down. We needed an extra five seconds and we’d have had him.

I know the feeling!

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/macaddictxiv/video/50082580

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread