Is this the last chance for Whisper of the Worm? (Destiny)

by Oholiab @, Saturday, August 25, 2018, 11:51 (2091 days ago)

If so, my plans for the afternoon may have to change! Anyone up for a carry??

Is this the last chance for Whisper of the Worm?

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Saturday, August 25, 2018, 12:00 (2091 days ago) @ Oholiab

If so, my plans for the afternoon may have to change! Anyone up for a carry??

I don’t think it’s the last weekend, but either way I’m happy to help you out (if you’re on Xbox, that is. I can’t remember). Not sure if I’ll be online tonight or not, but I’ll likely be online tomorrow.

Is this the last chance for Whisper of the Worm?

by cheapLEY @, Saturday, August 25, 2018, 13:00 (2091 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I will also hit you up if we’re on at the same time. It’s not imperative, but I’d like to get it. Finally got Polaris Lance a few days ago, and I’m just about done with the Sleeper Simulant quest.

Paging Korny...

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Saturday, August 25, 2018, 13:25 (2091 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I will also hit you up if we’re on at the same time. It’s not imperative, but I’d like to get it. Finally got Polaris Lance a few days ago, and I’m just about done with the Sleeper Simulant quest.

Nice. Polaris Lance is a) AWESOME, and b) a great weapon to use during the Whisper mission.

If we can rope Korny in as well, he and I can get you through, easy. Or anyone else who wants to help / needs help themselves, obviously. Korny and I just have a bit of a system for that mission that works :)

hopping on now if anyone is interested!

by Oholiab @, Saturday, August 25, 2018, 15:28 (2091 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

- No text -

hopping on now if anyone is interested!

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Saturday, August 25, 2018, 17:44 (2091 days ago) @ Oholiab

I’ll probably be on a bit later tonight :)

Trying again!

by Oholiab @, Saturday, August 25, 2018, 22:09 (2090 days ago) @ Oholiab

- No text -

Thanks!

by Oholiab @, Sunday, August 26, 2018, 08:36 (2090 days ago) @ Oholiab

Thanks to the sherpa abilities of Cruel and Korny, mission accomplished! We had to wait a while for the event, though from what I hear, we didn’t have to wait as long as others.

These two are ruthlessly efficient , clearing out the first couple rooms before I even caught up from the jumping madness.

Thanks!

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Monday, August 27, 2018, 06:06 (2089 days ago) @ Oholiab

Thanks to the sherpa abilities of Cruel and Korny, mission accomplished! We had to wait a while for the event, though from what I hear, we didn’t have to wait as long as others.

These two are ruthlessly efficient , clearing out the first couple rooms before I even caught up from the jumping madness.

Yeah, they are the Sherpa Gods.

Man, I hope not.

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Monday, August 27, 2018, 09:02 (2089 days ago) @ Oholiab

That would be a really narrow window for a great gun. I never got a chance to even really try it.

Is the mission still active tonight?

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, August 27, 2018, 09:19 (2089 days ago) @ Vortech

If so, I can help you grab it, just to be safe.

I can't find an answer.

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Monday, August 27, 2018, 09:58 (2089 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

part of the MUST BE FIRST TO POST! culture of online news sites means all of the info about the quest I can find is from before people knew it would be a weekend-only thing. The cossets info I could find was one site that said it lasts until "the Monday reset" which I have never heard as a thing before so I have no idea when that is.

I can't find an answer.

by cheapLEY @, Monday, August 27, 2018, 10:05 (2089 days ago) @ Vortech

There has been no indication that the Whisper quest is going away. I wouldn’t expect it to.

That said, I’m down to run it tonight after I finish running Trials.

Friday morning to Monday morning only.

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Monday, August 27, 2018, 10:50 (2089 days ago) @ cheapLEY

There has been no indication that the Whisper quest is going away. I wouldn’t expect it to.

That said, I’m down to run it tonight after I finish running Trials.

There is indeed no reason to believe that the Whisper quest is going away with the update tomorrow, such that anyone should still be able to acquire it for months to come.

However, it has always only been available from the Friday reset (at 10am Pacific Time) until the Monday (at 10am Pacific Time). As such, it will not be available tonight (meaning Monday night).

Friday morning to Monday morning only.

by cheapLEY @, Monday, August 27, 2018, 13:19 (2089 days ago) @ Speedracer513

I guess I just thought it was on the Trials schedule—Friday to Monday, Monday actually meaning Tuesday morning weekly reset. I never paid enough attention to the specifics, I guess.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread