Just Some Stuff (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Sunday, August 26, 2018, 13:06 (2090 days ago)
edited by Ragashingo, Sunday, August 26, 2018, 13:38

1. I made a bet the other day. I figure I lost. And... with the changed weapons slots coming in a bit earlier than I originally realized, I figured I might as well get to fulfilling my part of the bet... as its loser...

(If a 2nd step to that Ramen Ticket quest does appear next week, there will be hell to pay, cheapLEY. Hell. To. Pay. :p)

2. I've been having a blast replaying Destiny 2. I was able to pay more attention than ever to all the little things. There's a lot of nice little touches like AI battles happening off to the sides or references to things that would only make sense once DLC dropped.

I also played a little differently this time around. One of the big things I did was use the Rally Barricade a lot more and had a blast with it. It made sections with a bunch of charging Hive a good bit easier as I could pick them all off without worrying about ammo.

Also, I'm not sure what exactly has changed, but my leveling up went super smoothly this time. In the past, it felt like I did everything there was to do but would still end up multiple levels short of where the game expected me to be. Most notably, I would not be able to start the Payback mission (the one with the tank) without running several public events to get my level up.

This time, everything went great even though I didn't make a special point of advancing my level. I actually did less of that kind of grinding and ended the main campaign at a significantly higher level than I ever had before. We're talking about previously getting to the new Tower at level 17 - 19... and this time getting there at something like level 27 even though I did zero extra public events or Strikes or Crucible like I'd had to do in the past. I think something substantial must have changed with the way we earn XP... and (for once?) it changed decidedly for the better.

Even now, at the start of Warmind, I have not had to grind or go a single step out of my way to be the Level and Power Level the game expects me to be at. That's really nice.

3. I had a few other notable experiences while replaying which I captured for you in video form!

- Too Many Darn Arcstriders! (How is an up and coming Titan supposed to have any fun anymore?!)

- New "Worst Throw Ever... Of All Time." (Like Caboose, I'm gonna claim that this wasn't my fault.)

- A Deadly (But Beautiful) Trial (The 2nd mission of Curse of Osiris has a great, good ole Bungie feel (and takes a few great hints from Tsavo Highway) but the last area that includes the radio tower you are heading towards is especially cool. Here's a quick Sparrow-through.)

4. Upon beating the main campaign I got a 2nd copy of Crown Splitter. That's great! I was wanting another one so I can have one in each color. So, instead of having to hope against hope that RNG would deliver me a new one... all I had to do was delete my main character and beat the entire base game again! :)

5. I also got to fix my Titan's face and hair. She was a bit off from her D1 version. No longer!

6. Look for a little Bite-sized Backstory next week. Where by "little bit" I mean at least a post per day until we're caught up to Forsaken. :)

Just Some Stuff

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Sunday, August 26, 2018, 13:28 (2090 days ago) @ Ragashingo

1. I made a bet the other day. I figure I lost. And... with the changed weapons slots coming in a bit earlier than I originally realized, I figured I might as well get to fulfilling my part of the bet... as its loser...

[image]

+1 #eatthesock

by Robot Chickens, Sunday, August 26, 2018, 13:58 (2090 days ago) @ Ragashingo

- No text -

You're a good person.

by cheapLEY @, Sunday, August 26, 2018, 15:53 (2090 days ago) @ Ragashingo

There's no way in hell I'm deleting my Titan and playing through vanilla, CoO, and Warmind before Forsaken if something does happen at reset.

I'll work on the Warlock I never started, though . . . maybe. (:

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread