Blind raid (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, August 27, 2018, 22:54 (2088 days ago)
edited by Cody Miller, Monday, August 27, 2018, 23:01

I am wondering if it will be possible for me to do a blind raid this time.

I am really super busy and won't be able to do anything before 9pm PST any weekday until November. Weekends are negotiable I guess.

This means I can probably only put in a handful of hours during the week to play. I will probably level slowly.

Are there five people who:

1. Can play that late on weekdays or want to play on the weekend
2. Can stay blind while leveling slowly.
3. Are on PS4

If so, please organize here! No offense, but the 'blind' group for Spire of Stars was not blind, and it diminished the experience for me. If that can be avoided this time, it would be super cool. If not, well maybe the game isn't for me right now…

Blind raid

by slycrel ⌂, Tuesday, August 28, 2018, 08:36 (2088 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I'd be up for it, assuming I'm leveling fast enough. I am a little concerned that it will take even more time to level this go-around. Don't have a problem staying blind.

We need four more. Come on folks!

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, August 29, 2018, 11:05 (2087 days ago) @ slycrel

- No text -

I could be in.

by Claude Errera @, Wednesday, August 29, 2018, 11:13 (2087 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I, too, was disappointed with the lack of blindness in our blind raid.

THREE DOWN!

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, August 29, 2018, 11:30 (2087 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Dogcow?

Sorry, Cody.

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, August 29, 2018, 11:47 (2087 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I do legitimately feel bad for abandoning PS4.

Our last blind raid was at least partly a determining factor in me getting Forsaken on Xbox instead of PS4. ):

I can understand that.

by Claude Errera @, Wednesday, August 29, 2018, 12:06 (2087 days ago) @ cheapLEY

- No text -

I can understand that.

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, August 29, 2018, 14:11 (2087 days ago) @ Claude Errera

For whatever it’s worth, I’m not as salty about it as my initial post about it from back then probably made me seem. I still had fun, and I honestly don’t harbor any ill feelings about anyone in that group.

There were certainly other factors. A lot of it is that I just like playing on Xbox more. The fact that these are my original D1 characters isn’t insignificant either.

I think that raid experience and the dwindling PS4 playerbase were enough to push the decision, though.

Sorry, Cody.

by TheeChaos @, Wednesday, August 29, 2018, 13:04 (2087 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Our last blind raid was at least partly a determining factor in me getting Forsaken on Xbox instead of PS4. ):

Seems like all my old pals are on xbox now =/

Sorry, Cody.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, August 29, 2018, 13:59 (2087 days ago) @ TheeChaos
edited by Cody Miller, Wednesday, August 29, 2018, 14:02

Seems like all my old pals are on xbox now =/

Yeah same.

But I am not going to buy and Xbox One, buy the game again, level up a character and acquire gear again just to be able to do blind raids from now on.

I'm actually starting to feel like just not doing the raid at all. It would be disappointing, but if I can't do it blind with cool people from here, it might be better off just not trying to kill myself for the experience. The thing I loved about Des2ny was that it wasn't a time suck to do the cool activities. It sounds like this is being rolled back…

I'd love to get one together, but if it can't happen I'm okay with that. Everyone else can go ahead.

I dream of a day we can all play together.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Wednesday, August 29, 2018, 14:02 (2087 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

+1

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, August 29, 2018, 14:06 (2087 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

I dream of a day we can all play together.

by Chappy, Arlington, VA., Wednesday, August 29, 2018, 15:21 (2087 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Merging the two (three?) playerbases would mean letting everyone have 6 or even 9 characters - that's enough new storage space for 330 pieces of gear :)

Perhapsss

by TheeChaos @, Thursday, August 30, 2018, 04:57 (2086 days ago) @ Cody Miller

But I am not going to buy and Xbox One, buy the game again, level up a character and acquire gear again just to be able to do blind raids from now on.

Definitely, I couldn't justify that either, especially when all these great games are came/ are coming to PS4.

I fell off the D2 shortly after the raid. I came back to do the expacs but after the stories I was not too hooked, it was just more of the same I was not enjoying, I always enjoyed blind raiding, but I could not have been bothered to do all the un-fun things to get raid ready. I have not even attempted the Spire yet.

That being said, I played for about an hour or so last night, I HAD A BLAST. The weapon changes make it feel like Destiny 1 again, so I went ahead and pre-ordered. I only got the 40 dollar version, I am still not sure how it will feel long term and after they inevitably change things around. If its good I will get the annual Pass.

I am not sure how fast I level or my raid plans, but If we could set a decent date not TOO long after Sept 14th I would roger up. I don't want to wait 3 months to do it..

Perhapsss

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, August 30, 2018, 08:47 (2086 days ago) @ TheeChaos

No not 3 months.

I have no idea how long progression will take, so maybe after the first few days we can set a date when we gauge that.

Blind raid

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Wednesday, August 29, 2018, 14:44 (2087 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I have no idea how my progressing will go but I bet it will be slowly. I might accidentally be eligible for your late blind raid.

Yay!

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, August 29, 2018, 14:55 (2087 days ago) @ Vortech

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread