SGA: If you want to get some Forsaken stuff early (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, August 28, 2018, 20:18 (2088 days ago)

It appears that if you complete this weeks flash point, you'll get either a forsaken weapon or armor. I was alerted to this by this thread, and just now got 396 "Scatterhorn Wraps" from this weeks flashpoint.

Perks:

Slot 1 - Classic Mobility or Resilience

Slot 2 - Fast Ball or Kinetic Weapon Loader

Slot 3 - Linear Fusion Rifle Scavenger or Rocket Launcher Scavenger

That is all. :)

SGA: If you want to get some Forsaken stuff early

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Wednesday, August 29, 2018, 05:51 (2087 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

I worked on flashpoint last night. Did 2 heroic public events, 5 patrols and completed the 6th level of EP. My progress bar was filled about 75% but the numeric value was at 1%. I did a few more patrols and the progress bar was unchanged.

I assumed it was one of the "known performance issues" the update screen was talking about.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Wednesday, August 29, 2018, 06:09 (2087 days ago) @ ManKitten

I worked on flashpoint last night. Did 2 heroic public events, 5 patrols and completed the 6th level of EP. My progress bar was filled about 75% but the numeric value was at 1%. I did a few more patrols and the progress bar was unchanged.

I assumed it was one of the "known performance issues" the update screen was talking about.

Sounds like user error to me :P

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Wednesday, August 29, 2018, 06:17 (2087 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

Sounds like user error to me :P

Probably. I'm generally oblivious.

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Wednesday, August 29, 2018, 06:37 (2087 days ago) @ ManKitten

"Performance issue" would typically refer to speed/framerate stuff. Might be a new bug - congratulations!

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, August 29, 2018, 06:52 (2087 days ago) @ ManKitten

Flashpoint progress is achieved by completing public events, adventures, and lost sectors. So the patrols and EP that you did weren’t counting towards your flashpoint completion.

That said, there is a bug with the progress indicator. The progress bar fills up as it should, but the % text underneath just sits at 1%. You’ll still get your powerful loot drop when the bar fills up, though :)

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Wednesday, August 29, 2018, 07:00 (2087 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Flashpoint progress is achieved by completing public events, adventures, and lost sectors. So the patrols and EP that you did weren’t counting towards your flashpoint completion.

That said, there is a bug with the progress indicator. The progress bar fills up as it should, but the % text underneath just sits at 1%. You’ll still get your powerful loot drop when the bar fills up, though :)

I did a bunch of stuff and checked the progress bar. Then did a few more things and it looked like the progress bar didn't move. Maybe it was just because my first go around was substantial and the second was minimal, I just didn't notice the gained progress.

Thanks for the info though, glad I'm not crazy or wasting time.

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Wednesday, August 29, 2018, 07:31 (2087 days ago) @ ManKitten

Awesome new feature: You can get an accurate progress percentage on your hud by selecting "Track" (A button on Xbox) while hovering over the Flashpoint marker.

Awesome new bug?: Your Flashpoint progress keeps getting un-tracked by tons of dumb things like using the rally flag before a public event, completing a public event, starting a patrol, completing a patrol, and sometimes (but not always) fast-traveling.

-Disciple

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Wednesday, August 29, 2018, 07:41 (2087 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

Awesome new feature: You can get an accurate progress percentage on your hud by selecting "Track" (A button on Xbox) while hovering over the Flashpoint marker.

Woohoo!

Awesome new bug?: Your Flashpoint progress keeps getting un-tracked by tons of dumb things like using the rally flag before a public event, completing a public event, starting a patrol, completing a patrol, and sometimes (but not always) fast-traveling.

So, like... most of the things you might be doing during a flashpoint?

*facedesk*

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Wednesday, August 29, 2018, 07:46 (2087 days ago) @ stabbim

Woohoo!

So, like... most of the things you might be doing during a flashpoint?

*facedesk*

Exactly :p

I think anything that adds something to your HUD removes your progress indicator. I hope this is something they can fix soon-ish. I would love be able to keep tabs on my progress for stuff like that without having to keep going back to the director.

-Disciple

by Harmanimus @, Wednesday, August 29, 2018, 20:55 (2087 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

D1 had bounty tracking. So even if they just shifted tracking to the Ghost HUD it would be nice.

I'm really digging the new Warlock robes

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Wednesday, August 29, 2018, 07:37 (2087 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

[image]

Oh, wow. Those do look cool!

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Wednesday, August 29, 2018, 08:54 (2087 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

- No text -

Interesting (expensive) new Masterwork mechanics

by Claude Errera @, Wednesday, August 29, 2018, 08:16 (2087 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

I got a Trackless Waste (kinetic submachine gun) doing the Flashpoint last night.

There were 10 Masterwork levels - each had different text about what was being improved (though the bars didn't move like I thought they might, based on the text). They started cheap - the first level was 100 Glimmer... but by the time I got the thing to max (10 levels of Masterwork), I'd spent 25 Masterwork Cores, along with a bunch of shards (wasn't keeping track of shards).

I'm sort of hoping this is bugged, and that I got overcharged, because that's a LOT of cores for a single weapon. :(

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Wednesday, August 29, 2018, 08:27 (2087 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I was wondering about this a few days ago in some other thread. Sounds like the 1 core per level theory is out the window. It must scale up as you progress?

Did each level improve s different stat? I wonder if they're randomized, or fixed for each weapon?

by Claude Errera @, Wednesday, August 29, 2018, 09:52 (2087 days ago) @ stabbim

I was wondering about this a few days ago in some other thread. Sounds like the 1 core per level theory is out the window. It must scale up as you progress?

Did each level improve s different stat? I wonder if they're randomized, or fixed for each weapon?

No clue at all. (One data point. ;) )

I saw stuff like "small improvement to handling and range" with a tiny sliver added to those bars... then "substantial improvement to Stability and Handling" with the same tiny slivers added to those bars. In one case, it looked like they went backwards.

I DO know that the last step (9 to 10) saw a substantial climb in one stat (don't remember which).

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, August 29, 2018, 08:28 (2087 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I don’t really have anything to base this on, but I’m assuming that is going to be the normal experience. I got the impression that it wouldn’t be as cheap to fully Masterwork stuff going forward.

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Wednesday, August 29, 2018, 08:35 (2087 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Yeah, I'm not sure what to make of it yet. It's clearly (a lot) more expensive to go all the way, but it's also cheaper to get SOME of the way there, up to a point. What I don't know yet is which masterwork level is equivalent to the previous masterwork? If you have to get to level 10 to get equivalent stats to before, then this new system sucks. But what if level 7 (just as an example) is equivalent to a previous masterwork, and everything past that is just extra gravy?

Level 5 = Y1 MW benefit

by Harmanimus @, Wednesday, August 29, 2018, 21:09 (2086 days ago) @ stabbim

- No text -

The Masterwork number is the percentage change

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, August 30, 2018, 07:27 (2086 days ago) @ stabbim

So most old Masterworks were a 5% increase. All new Masterworks go to 10%.

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Wednesday, August 29, 2018, 08:41 (2087 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I got a Trackless Waste (kinetic submachine gun) doing the Flashpoint last night.

There were 10 Masterwork levels - each had different text about what was being improved (though the bars didn't move like I thought they might, based on the text). They started cheap - the first level was 100 Glimmer... but by the time I got the thing to max (10 levels of Masterwork), I'd spent 25 Masterwork Cores, along with a bunch of shards (wasn't keeping track of shards).

I'm sort of hoping this is bugged, and that I got overcharged, because that's a LOT of cores for a single weapon. :(

I don't know if armor will have the same 10 tiers of upgrades, but my Warlock robes required 10 masterwork cores and 25 legendary shards just to go from tier 1 to tier 2. I really hope the drop rate for Masterwork cores gets a bump to balance things out. Otherwise, this is going to suck.

-Disciple

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, August 29, 2018, 08:47 (2087 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Welcome to the grind. It’s what the community wanted back.

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Wednesday, August 29, 2018, 08:56 (2087 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Yeah, I'm almost positive that's the intention. Masterwork cores are supposed to come from some additional sources once Forsaken hits, so you should be getting them more often than you're used to, but they are also going to cost a lot more materials to upgrade your stuff.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Wednesday, August 29, 2018, 09:06 (2087 days ago) @ Speedracer513
edited by MacAddictXIV, Wednesday, August 29, 2018, 09:36

Yeah, I'm almost positive that's the intention. Masterwork cores are supposed to come from some additional sources once Forsaken hits, so you should be getting them more often than you're used to, but they are also going to cost a lot more materials to upgrade your stuff.

Even though the "grind" will be hard to masterwork something completely, I do love the feel of saying "this is my favorite weapon cause I master worked it completely" as oppose to the other weapons I didn't want to put my full effort into.

Ultimately I think we will know what our favorite weapons are before we masterwork them. I can't image the weapons will change so much with the masterworks that we are constantly changing our minds about them. But you never know! Time will tell.

It is the intention

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, August 29, 2018, 20:01 (2087 days ago) @ Speedracer513

They detailed it in the combat stream for Forsaken (at about 27 minutes):

In addition to them giving more masterwork cores to compensate, you also get a bigger boost to stats, instead of being limited to a 5% boost to a stat it's up to a 10% boost.

You might be in luck (or shit out of it)!

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, August 29, 2018, 18:37 (2087 days ago) @ Claude Errera

From Bungie support:

Masterworking Armor/Weapons: The number of Masterwork cores needed to Masterwork armor or weapons will drastically change in the 2.0.0.1 update on Sept. 4.- added 8/29/2018

by Chappy, Arlington, VA., Thursday, August 30, 2018, 08:27 (2086 days ago) @ cheapLEY

From Bungie support:

Masterworking Armor/Weapons: The number of Masterwork cores needed to Masterwork armor or weapons will drastically change in the 2.0.0.1 update on Sept. 4.- added 8/29/2018

My understanding is that it will cost 10k Glimmer, 27 Legendary Shards, and 17 Masterwork cores to take a weapon to tier 10 (after Tuesday). I don't recommend spending any cores this week.

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, August 30, 2018, 10:11 (2086 days ago) @ Chappy

My understanding is that it will cost 10k Glimmer, 27 Legendary Shards, and 17 Masterwork cores to take a weapon to tier 10 (after Tuesday). I don't recommend spending any cores this week.

Where did those numbers come from?

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, August 30, 2018, 10:15 (2086 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Where did those numbers come from?

Forsaken combat stream (27 minute mark):

Thanks!

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, August 30, 2018, 10:37 (2086 days ago) @ Xenos

I watched that stream, I forgot they did that.

I wonder if those numbers are accurate to what we'll see next week. If so, that seems like a pretty okay cost for fully upgrading a weapon.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread