The Awoken and the Vex? (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Monday, September 03, 2018, 19:18 (2082 days ago)

Destiny 1 - The Black Garden

[image]

Destiny 2 - Multiplayer Map "Eternity"

[image]

Destiny 2 - Passage way into The Infinite Forest

[image]

Destiny 2 - The Dreaming City

[image]

Destiny 1 - Gatelord Key

[image]

Destiny 1 - The Black Garden

[image]

Destiny 2 - Multiplayer Map "Eternity"

[image]

What I'm seeing is Vex architecture and Awoken architecture share a scary amount of similarities. In places I wouldn't really expect. Across two games. The big question is... why? The only relation between the Vex and Awoken that I can recall is that Mara and Uldren Sov knew where the Vex's Black Garden was and knew how to get in... But then... "Everyone knows where it is!" as Uldren says...

My Rampant Speculation... The Vex are somehow the future remains of the Awoken that has come back in time to try and calculate their way out of a failed timeline...

The Awoken and the Vex?

by Oholiab @, Monday, September 03, 2018, 19:53 (2082 days ago) @ Ragashingo

My Rampant Speculation... The Vex are somehow the future remains of the Awoken that has come back in time to try and calculate their way out of a failed timeline...

Whoa... mind blown...

Spooky

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, September 04, 2018, 03:59 (2081 days ago) @ Ragashingo

- No text -

Who built them?

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, September 04, 2018, 07:33 (2081 days ago) @ Ragashingo

The similarities are indeed interesting, and may be indeed more telling then we (for the next few hours?) know. Yet, what you speculate here is quite a leap based on what is presented. You're basing all this from... architecture? Rampant Speculation indeed.

Who built them? Did the Traveler build it? The Nine? So on...

[image]

That said, if in the lore we know each construction was made by it's respective own, then... well I'm not sure what words to use, so I'll simply mention the egyptians & mayans and be on my merry way.

Everyone looks up. ;D

Who built them?

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, September 04, 2018, 09:06 (2081 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Not just.

For instance, while I don’t have the exact quote in front of me, but in a variant of the Pyramidion Strike’s dialogue, Asher Mir speculates that perhaps the Vex were designed / created like the Taken were. Almost everything voiced or shown so far has been touched on later from Osiris to Ana Bray to the Reef being the third place we go in D2.

There’s also a chance more will be revealed in Forsaken given the Awoken are a focus...

The Awoken and the Vex?

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Tuesday, September 04, 2018, 07:55 (2081 days ago) @ Ragashingo

What I'm seeing is Vex architecture and Awoken architecture share a scary amount of similarities. In places I wouldn't really expect. Across two games. The big question is... why? The only relation between the Vex and Awoken that I can recall is that Mara and Uldren Sov knew where the Vex's Black Garden was and knew how to get in... But then... "Everyone knows where it is!" as Uldren says...

As always, I'm last person to jump into the lore pool but I still like to dip my toe on occasion.

My only issue with your theory is the paradox of vex time travel. You could make any argument, then make a conclusion that supports that, or a conclusion that rejects that.

If your theory is correct, then when did that happen in the vex timeline? Does it matter? Could it be changed? Is there a single moment where Awoken became Vex? Could Vex change the timeline to effect that moment? Since the Vex DO exist, that moment obviously happened. And since they exist already, that moment could never be undone? Since the Vex can control time, any imaginable scenario is possible.

We have Exo, which are basically shells for human consciousness. Can Awoken be transferred to an Exo? If not, did Awoken create the Vex to continue their consciousness? If so, what went wrong? Vex are a hive mind, doesn't seem like a good option.

I also don't know "things"...but you said "rampant speculation" so...

The Awoken and the Vex?

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, September 04, 2018, 09:16 (2081 days ago) @ ManKitten

Sure. All those are valid questions.

In my speculation, the Vex would be created in a distant, bad future. Notice how everything they create is crumbling and in ruins? Why is it so rare for us to see gleaming intact Vex structures? Even Nessus which had no significant outside influence from Humans or Fallen or Cabal until very recently is in ruins.

But if The Dreaming City or the Eternity pvp map is an example of Vex architecture before it crumbles... well, there’d be big implications...

My guess is that we’ll learn more and this fledgling theory will be contradicted. But... just look at those similarities!

The Awoken and the Vex?

by bluerunner @, Music City, Tuesday, September 04, 2018, 10:26 (2081 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Have you read the new lore about the Awoken? Particularly about where they "awoke"? They explain time shifts due to relativity between thier origin and the present day in Destiny. The answer could be there. It could be that the Vex were created by the Awoken, but not the ones we have met.

The Awoken and the Vex?

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, September 04, 2018, 10:47 (2081 days ago) @ bluerunner

Yes, but I believe some significant amount of lore has not been revealed yet. Time dilation could indeed make lay a part.

i dunoo

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Tuesday, September 04, 2018, 09:13 (2081 days ago) @ Ragashingo

circles are a pretty commonly used shape. I think that you are reading too much into it. also, the last example is just a model of the solar system.

i dunoo

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, September 04, 2018, 09:21 (2081 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

Nah. It’s circles built in the middle of vertical channels. The solar system circles on the walls are a lot more tentative. But the first combination of shapes is pretty clearly deliberately mirrored across worlds and games.

The Awoken and the Vex?

by Harmanimus @, Tuesday, September 04, 2018, 10:04 (2081 days ago) @ Ragashingo

I thought Eternity was associated with The Nine which (unless new lore contradicts) I was under the impression were definitely not a 1:1 parity with The Reef Awoken.

The Awoken and the Vex?

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, September 04, 2018, 10:48 (2081 days ago) @ Harmanimus

It is. Which makes the architecture similarities with the Vex even more interesting...

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread