2.0.0.1 Patch Size (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, September 04, 2018, 08:32 (2081 days ago)

- No text -

Xbox - 7.25 GB

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, September 04, 2018, 08:33 (2081 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

Patch Notes (why are they so bad at shaders?)

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, September 04, 2018, 11:16 (2081 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Patch Notes are up

Forsaken shaders do not drop in the wild; instead, they come from dismantling gear with that shader applied

Rare-quality shaders are often applied to drops, but have a low chance of being granted by dismantling

Legendary-quality shaders appear much less frequently on gear, but have a high chance of being granted by dismantling

It no longer costs anything to apply shaders to gear

That all sounds dumb. So now if I get a shader I like, I’ll have to dismantle that piece of gear to make it available elsewhere? That’s stupid. Bungie, this shouldn’t be that hard.

Maybe they’ll rain gear down on us so it won’t matter, but it seems like an unnecessary step. And to have it not guaranteed to drop on dismantle really sucks.

by TheeChaos @, Tuesday, September 04, 2018, 12:03 (2081 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Seriously??

[image]

Gunsmith

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Tuesday, September 04, 2018, 12:23 (2081 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Gunsmith packages now require 100 Gunsmith Materials

Please tell me we're not still turning them in ten at a time.

-Disciple

Gunsmith

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Tuesday, September 04, 2018, 13:32 (2081 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

-Disciple

Sorry. It is still ten at a time.

Gunsmith

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Tuesday, September 04, 2018, 13:45 (2081 days ago) @ Speedracer513

-Disciple

Sorry. It is still ten at a time.

lol. if an item only has a single purpose, then let us cash them in in increments that would level up in 1 click.

Bungie and CONVENIENCE?!?

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Tuesday, September 04, 2018, 16:30 (2081 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

- No text -

by bluerunner @, Music City, Tuesday, September 04, 2018, 14:40 (2081 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I dont know of it is Destiny or my Xbox, but the game is running like crap since the update. Cut scenes are jerky and lock up, the sound keeps cutting out, really long load times, having trouble talking to characters in the tower, amd now my Xbox just turned off on its own. This is weird.

Sounds like a hardware issue

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Tuesday, September 04, 2018, 14:42 (2081 days ago) @ bluerunner

If it just turned off, then I’d bet that you have a hardware issue. Sounds like it may have been overheating, maybe it was throttling itself to try and keep temps down.

Game was running nicely for me when I played a bit earlier, so I think it’s you (sorry!).

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Tuesday, September 04, 2018, 14:50 (2081 days ago) @ Beorn

Yeah, it sounds like a heat problem. Try and blow it out (GENTLY) with compressed air.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Tuesday, September 04, 2018, 17:26 (2081 days ago) @ stabbim

Instructions unclear. Blasted it with shop air. Looking for all the pieces.

I unplugged it and then tried again. The game had trouble loading. Kept saying it was taking too long to load. Other games would load though.

I have it going now, but I have noticed sounds dropping out. Music or certain sound effects will cut off and then suddenly start playing again.

I’m having performance issues too

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Tuesday, September 04, 2018, 16:50 (2081 days ago) @ bluerunner
edited by Blackt1g3r, Tuesday, September 04, 2018, 17:15

- No text -

Hard reset fixed it

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Tuesday, September 04, 2018, 18:38 (2081 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

Probably just need to restart Destiny though.

Me too.

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Wednesday, September 05, 2018, 06:26 (2080 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

Similar issues as Blue. I've not noticed any audio or graphic popping but long load times and about 30 second load times when transitioning to new parts of a map in game.

I'm running an original XB1 and have been suspicious of my ISP or network hardware.

Mostly loading time for me.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Wednesday, September 05, 2018, 07:23 (2080 days ago) @ ManKitten

Similar issues as Blue. I've not noticed any audio or graphic popping but long load times and about 30 second load times when transitioning to new parts of a map in game.

I'm running an original XB1 and have been suspicious of my ISP or network hardware.

The transitions between sections have been especially long. Might wait 15-30 seconds.

Mostly loading time for me.

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Wednesday, September 05, 2018, 09:06 (2080 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

FWIW, I am also noticing longer load times. Transitioning between areas, but also just going into menus and stuff.

I'm in an especially good position to observe this. A couple of months ago, I switched from one external hard drive to another, because I came into possession of one that was twice the size of the old one. HOWEVER, it's also definitely slower (I don't know the internals of the new one for sure, but I'm convinced that it's got a 5400RPM drive in it, as opposed to my old 7200RPM unit). Consequence: even before Forsaken, I was taking noticeably longer to load into spaces than my teammates. This means that any additional slowdown is even more obvious. Switching out gear mid-battle is now a very dangerous proposition.

https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/stabbim/video/59817745

Hard drives

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Wednesday, September 05, 2018, 09:08 (2080 days ago) @ stabbim

FWIW, I am also noticing longer load times. Transitioning between areas, but also just going into menus and stuff.

I'm in an especially good position to observe this. A couple of months ago, I switched from one external hard drive to another, because I came into possession of one that was twice the size of the old one. HOWEVER, it's also definitely slower (I don't know the internals of the new one for sure, but I'm convinced that it's got a 5400RPM drive in it, as opposed to my old 7200RPM unit). Consequence: even before Forsaken, I was taking noticeably longer to load into spaces than my teammates. This means that any additional slowdown is even more obvious. Switching out gear mid-battle is now a very dangerous proposition.

I've heard people talking about getting a SSD to help with load times. Is this true? And if so, do people have some suggestions for on the cheap SSD's for an Xbox? Is it that difficult to set it up?

Hard drives

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Wednesday, September 05, 2018, 09:20 (2080 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

I've heard people talking about getting a SSD to help with load times. Is this true? And if so, do people have some suggestions for on the cheap SSD's for an Xbox? Is it that difficult to set it up?

Something about the way this is phrased makes me think you're asking about internal drives? If so, I have no input on that, except that it's not necessary. USB3 is easily fast enough to take advantage of an SSD upgrade. Just get one of those and be done with it.

I will add that my personal opinion is that SSD speed is nice if you can afford it, but the cost per GB makes it not a great option for most. I'd have to lay out WAY more money than I'm comfortable with in order to get something that would actually hold all my currently installed games. But if you don't keep much installed locally, or are rich, go for it. :)

Hard drives

by Claude Errera @, Saturday, September 08, 2018, 01:56 (2077 days ago) @ stabbim

Something about the way this is phrased makes me think you're asking about internal drives? If so, I have no input on that, except that it's not necessary. USB3 is easily fast enough to take advantage of an SSD upgrade. Just get one of those and be done with it.

I will add that my personal opinion is that SSD speed is nice if you can afford it, but the cost per GB makes it not a great option for most. I'd have to lay out WAY more money than I'm comfortable with in order to get something that would actually hold all my currently installed games. But if you don't keep much installed locally, or are rich, go for it. :)

Every few months, Newegg (or stores like them) have a 1TB SSD on sale for $150. Yes, that's 3x the price of a standard HD... but the extra $100 is, say, 25 cups of Starbucks. For me, definitely worth it. (Way, way, WAY faster for booting up, for starting the game, for loading into content... one of these days I should run a test with someone with a standard drive, and calculate how much time the SSD saves me over the course of, say, a month.)

Setup is also trivial; as you say, running it as an external drive (Amazon sells completely functional 2.5" enclosures with USB3 for $10) means almost no setup at all. (One of these days I'll take on the chore of putting it inside; would make things more portable. But that's really not very important.)

Hard drives

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Saturday, September 08, 2018, 02:41 (2077 days ago) @ Claude Errera
edited by stabbim, Saturday, September 08, 2018, 02:45

And this is where YMMV. Toward the end of when I had a 2TB drive, I was sitting around 75-80% full, and I'd already cleared out anything I wasn't planning on playing. I really need to be at the 3-4TB range in order to not be worrying about space. If you're not like me in that way, an SSD might be doable for a decent price.

Also, it occurred to me that I should try to make it 100% clear for anyone following that my current external drive is an especially slow one that I'm sticking with due to a need for space and a shortage of recreational spending money. Back when I had my other external drive, I would consistently load faster than people who were using the standard internal drive. So, external mechanical drives which are a speed improvement DO exist. Not as much as an SSD of course, but I don't want to give anyone the idea that any non-SSD is necessarily going to be a speed downgrade when that's not actually true.

Hard drives

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Saturday, September 08, 2018, 06:39 (2077 days ago) @ Claude Errera

This wouldn’t really help most of the time in Destiny though would it? Any time you are playing with someone else, aren’t you at the mercy of the slowest loader? After all a crucible match can’t start until everyone’s map is loaded.

Hard drives

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Saturday, September 08, 2018, 06:43 (2077 days ago) @ Cody Miller

This wouldn’t really help most of the time in Destiny though would it? Any time you are playing with someone else, aren’t you at the mercy of the slowest loader? After all a crucible match can’t start until everyone’s map is loaded.

I often load into strikes before the rest of my fireteams (I have a One X), and the scripting doesn’t kick in until everyone else joins. Enemies won’t spawn, and sometimes there are barriers that prevent me from moving past a certain point.

Hard drives

by cheapLEY @, Saturday, September 08, 2018, 06:44 (2077 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Yes, you’re right. I often load into strikes before my fire team, and in many of them nothing can happen until everyone is present.

Lots of people play lots of Destiny alone, in activities that don’t depend on other people, though, so I wouldn’t say it doesn’t matter.

Hard drives +1

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Saturday, September 08, 2018, 08:00 (2077 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Yes, you’re right. I often load into strikes before my fire team, and in many of them nothing can happen until everyone is present.

Lots of people play lots of Destiny alone, in activities that don’t depend on other people, though, so I wouldn’t say it doesn’t matter.

Yep. Given the amount of Destiny I’ve played over the past 4 months, it wouldn’t shock me if someone did the math and told me I’ve saved over an hour of loading time thanks to the X.

Hard drives +1

by squidnh3, Saturday, September 08, 2018, 08:21 (2077 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I just installed my external SSD. It already feels like I saved an hour. Menus load so much faster, that's a game changer itself.

Hard drives

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Wednesday, September 05, 2018, 09:27 (2080 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

I've heard people talking about getting a SSD to help with load times. Is this true?

It made a huge difference for me on both the One X and the original Xbox One. I usually play on my OG Xbox One and I still load in faster than someone on a One X using the internal drive. I often load into strikes 10-15 seconds before the other two players, and since the enemies don't load in until all the players are there, I often get to get set up drop a grenade on the "spawn ball" of baddies that sometimes all spawn in on the same coordinates :p

...do people have some suggestions for on the cheap SSD's for an Xbox? Is it that difficult to set it up?

I threw one of these into one of these and it's working like a charm.

If you want to go cheaper, I think I'm running the 250GB version of that drive on my OG Xbox One. I want to say the lower limit is 200GB, but I could be wrong.

-Disciple

Hard drives

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Wednesday, September 05, 2018, 09:31 (2080 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

I've heard people talking about getting a SSD to help with load times. Is this true?

It made a huge difference for me on both the One X and the original Xbox One. I usually play on my OG Xbox One and I still load in faster than someone on a One X using the internal drive. I often load into strikes 10-15 seconds before the other two players, and since the enemies don't load in until all the players are there, I often get to get set up drop a grenade on the "spawn ball" of baddies that sometimes all spawn in on the same coordinates :p

...do people have some suggestions for on the cheap SSD's for an Xbox? Is it that difficult to set it up?

I threw one of these into one of these and it's working like a charm.

If you want to go cheaper, I think I'm running the 250GB version of that drive on my OG Xbox One. I want to say the lower limit is 200GB, but I could be wrong.

-Disciple

That is a great find. Thanks! The 500 is only 16 bucks more cause it's 34% off! damn.

Hard drives

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Wednesday, September 05, 2018, 12:05 (2080 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

That is a great find. Thanks! The 500 is only 16 bucks more cause it's 34% off! damn.

This turned out to be REALLY good timing. I just pulled the item up from my order history and grabbed their short link to the product page. I didn't pay much attention to the price until you mentioned it, but it's currently at its lowest recorded price on Amazon. Now I'm tempted to grab an extra one.

-Disciple

Gone

by squidnh3, Wednesday, September 05, 2018, 12:44 (2080 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

It's gone at that price. Damn it, why didn't I just buy it?

Dang

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Wednesday, September 05, 2018, 12:53 (2080 days ago) @ squidnh3

- No text -

Now back in stock, but $10 more.

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Thursday, September 06, 2018, 01:28 (2079 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

- No text -

Thanks

by squidnh3, Wednesday, September 05, 2018, 11:30 (2080 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

I think I'm going to take the plunge on this. Right now after I select The Tower and hit 'launch' I grab a book and start reading.

Thanks

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Wednesday, September 05, 2018, 11:33 (2080 days ago) @ squidnh3

I think I'm going to take the plunge on this. Right now after I select The Tower and hit 'launch' I grab a book and start reading.

HAHAHA, I know how you feel. It wouldn't be so bad if the sound didn't start before the visual.

Hard drives

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Wednesday, September 05, 2018, 09:37 (2080 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

My Xbox One Elite has an SSD and people keep asking me if I have the Xbox One X. :) My performance issues resulted in super-choppy gameplay at first but everything has been fine since I reset the xbox.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread