Bows are glorious [spoiler-free video] (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Tuesday, September 04, 2018, 14:29 (2081 days ago)

https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/nevindouglas/video/59786802

I don’t know how Bungie managed to make a Bow and Arrow my favourite weapon in Destiny, but they pulled it off. They’re as effective as they are satisfying. Bravo to everyone who had their fingers in creating them <3

gif version:

[image]

Yup

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Wednesday, September 05, 2018, 06:22 (2080 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I don’t know how Bungie managed to make a Bow and Arrow my favourite weapon in Destiny, but they pulled it off. They’re as effective as they are satisfying. Bravo to everyone who had their fingers in creating them <3

Totally agree. They are super fun and satisfying to use. I'm looking forward to seeing different variants. The one you get at the beginning is a straight up compound that you could get today, so I want to see some future space magic bows. The sounds they make are also drool worthy.

Bows are glorious [Exotic spoiler]

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Wednesday, September 05, 2018, 06:55 (2080 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I agree. I was randomly turning in Weapon materials to banshee and I randomly got the exotic bow! I was like, YES~! And boy howdy is it amazing.

It has two main perks

1. It fires a triple shot horizontally where the longer you ADS the tighter the grouping (you can totally get all three precision shots at mid range)
2. If you get a precision kill, the next shot casts a chain lightning shot. Doesn't need to hit anyone for that to proc

And the ability lightning rod can be chained over and over again, so you don't need to Proc it between each use, you can just go Proc, Chain, Chain, Chain as long as you keep getting precision kills

Bows are glorious [Exotic spoiler]

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Wednesday, September 05, 2018, 07:07 (2080 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

That looks super fun. Also, it confirms something I'd been wondering about, which is that energy slot versions do exist. It seemed likely, but I hadn't actually SEEN one yet.

Ooooh baby!

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, September 05, 2018, 07:11 (2080 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

- No text -

Bows are glorious [spoiler-free video]

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Wednesday, September 05, 2018, 07:50 (2080 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I was surprised by how good it feels to hip fire these things. I think I may already have more non-ADS kills with the bow than any other Destiny 2 Weapon.

-Disciple

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Wednesday, September 05, 2018, 08:01 (2080 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

I was surprised by how good it feels to hip fire these things. I think I may already have more non-ADS kills with the bow than any other Destiny 2 Weapon.

-Disciple

I totally agree. It felt better to hip fire bows by a long shot.

by Harmanimus @, Wednesday, September 05, 2018, 08:57 (2080 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

They have pretty aggressive AA in their range band. At least in PvE. It’s like having a minor smartgun attachment. But they whomp pretty hard so even if you aren’t landing precision you clear trash easy. I have a feeling that the other, non-compound type will feel better for hip firing due to more gradual draw.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Wednesday, September 05, 2018, 08:59 (2080 days ago) @ Harmanimus

They have pretty aggressive AA in their range band. At least in PvE. It’s like having a minor smartgun attachment. But they whomp pretty hard so even if you aren’t landing precision you clear trash easy. I have a feeling that the other, non-compound type will feel better for hip firing due to more gradual draw.

The exotic bow kinda requires you to ADS to be much better. I won't go into detail so I don't spoil anything. But yeah, there are some bows that kinda require you to ADS.

by Harmanimus @, Wednesday, September 05, 2018, 09:12 (2080 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

except when you want to bag 3 Taken Thralls in one shot

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Wednesday, September 05, 2018, 09:27 (2080 days ago) @ Harmanimus

except when you want to bag 3 Taken Thralls in one shot

Good luck getting those shots... but yeah, it does add that benefit.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread