No Pants (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, September 05, 2018, 23:40 (2062 days ago)

I get a 500 level pair of boots. I forgot how. Oh cool, let me infuse them into Orpheus Rigs. Oops. I guess now my Orpheus Rigs that I was wearing now require level 43. I'm 33. So now I don't have pants on and can't use them until I gain 10 levels. There was no indication this would happen in the UI. Not so good if you ask me.

On the upside...

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Wednesday, September 05, 2018, 23:43 (2062 days ago) @ Cody Miller

No Pants.

It happened in the previous DLC too.

by DEEP_NNN, Thursday, September 06, 2018, 04:55 (2062 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, September 06, 2018, 05:40 (2062 days ago) @ DEEP_NNN

Yeah, every time there’s a level increase, I forget and infuse something into one of my weapons, then wonder why it won’t let me equip it. After a moment I remember that this is a thing and laugh at myself for forgetting yet again.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Thursday, September 06, 2018, 05:55 (2062 days ago) @ DEEP_NNN

Yeah, it was fun on my alts. I equipped too high light level weapons and tried running missions just using melee and grenades. I noticed it defaults to the starter armor if you equip too high light level armor.

Advice:

by squidnh3, Thursday, September 06, 2018, 05:39 (2062 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Don't infuse anything, it costs a lot now.

The missions are super fun and challenging if you are around 35 power levels below the recommended #. Just keep whatever highest blue you have for each slot in your pocket so your drops keep increasing, and only put them on once you can't damage enemies anymore.

If you really need Orpheus Rigs, you can grab another copy from your collections at your current power level.

Advice:

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Thursday, September 06, 2018, 06:43 (2062 days ago) @ squidnh3

The missions are super fun and challenging if you are around 35 power levels below the recommended #. Just keep whatever highest blue you have for each slot in your pocket so your drops keep increasing, and only put them on once you can't damage enemies anymore.

This is totally true with the exception of the last level. I barely scraped by with 10 below light level. I had to drop even lower to equip my whisper just to help beat the boss, but it was brutal solo.

Advice:

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, September 06, 2018, 07:39 (2062 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

This is totally true with the exception of the last level. I barely scraped by with 10 below light level. I had to drop even lower to equip my whisper just to help beat the boss, but it was brutal solo.

I made it through most of that mission while being 30 levels underlevelled, but when I got to the final boss I had to throw on a bunch of random Blues to bring myself within 15.

Advice:

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, September 06, 2018, 08:14 (2062 days ago) @ squidnh3

If you really need Orpheus Rigs, you can grab another copy from your collections at your current power level.

SGA right there.

Another tip regarding infusion

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, September 06, 2018, 08:26 (2062 days ago) @ Cody Miller

SGA right there.

According to Reddit...

Now that random rolls are a thing, it is likely that you will, at some point, get a drop of a weapon that you already have, but with a different roll. Let's say you like the roll of your first gun better, but the second one dropped at a higher light level. Apparently, you can infuse a gun into another version of the same gun without being required to pay any Masterwork cores. It still costs glimmer (and maybe Legendary shards? I'm not sure), but not having to spend masterwork cores on that particular scenario is a nice plus.

However:

I've read that this only applies to year 2 weapons. So if you get a year 2 version of Better Devils and try to infuse it into your year 1 Better Devils, you'll still need to pay Masterwork cores. But infusing a year 2 Better Devils into another year 2 Better Devils won't cost cores.

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Thursday, September 06, 2018, 08:35 (2062 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

It still costs glimmer (and maybe Legendary shards? I'm not sure), but not having to spend masterwork cores on that particular scenario is a nice plus.

FWIW, I've done this a couple of times with armor already and it ONLY cost glimmer. No MW cores OR legendary shards.

by Harmanimus @, Thursday, September 06, 2018, 08:50 (2062 days ago) @ stabbim

Y1 gear from collections will work for Y1 gear in the same glimmer-only fashion. It will not bring them fully to your power level (the items I pulled were about 15 points below in a slot) but it will help to keep them relevant. It does cost material to pull them out, but that is not necessarily major (777 glimmer, 7 legendary shards, 7 weapon/armor parts to pull out Armamentarium, 5k glimmer to infuse if necessary)

I haven’t checked prices on Legendaries for this same purpose.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread