Gotta love when this happens [Gambit GIF/Video] (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, September 06, 2018, 06:32 (2062 days ago)

Achievement unlocked ;)

[image]

That shot was from an invasion where I managed to wipe the whole team:

https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/nevindouglas/video/59901399

And then I got another one during the next match:

https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/nevindouglas/video/59901365

Gotta love when this happens [Gambit GIF/Video]

by TheeChaos @, Thursday, September 06, 2018, 06:43 (2062 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

NICE!

Need to get my Sleeper Simulant still,

Sniping still works better for me though, no charge =0.

I will try and get some sniping clips together now that I can use one non-stop.

Trials Throwback ft. Ottermack and CruelLEGACEY

by TheeChaos @, Thursday, September 06, 2018, 06:50 (2062 days ago) @ TheeChaos

Good times. Trials was always my favorite part of D1.

Hah, good times :)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, September 06, 2018, 08:05 (2062 days ago) @ TheeChaos

- No text -

niiiiiiiice

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Thursday, September 06, 2018, 06:45 (2062 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

- No text -

Gambit Invaders rules question

by marmot 1333 @, Thursday, September 06, 2018, 14:30 (2061 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

My understanding is that teams can send over an invader when the score is at 25/50/75.

I don't understand how often it can happen once a team is fighting the Primeval, though. What are the rules then?

I played a match this morning and it seemed like the enemy team just kept sending players over when we were fighting our Primeval.

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, September 06, 2018, 14:46 (2061 days ago) @ marmot 1333

My understanding is that teams can send over an invader when the score is at 25/50/75.

I don't understand how often it can happen once a team is fighting the Primeval, though. What are the rules then?

I played a match this morning and it seemed like the enemy team just kept sending players over when we were fighting our Primeval.

I’m not positive, but I believe it’s on a timer. Alternatively, it could be tied to the primevil’s health bar. Either way, it is certainly frequent. You can safely assume your team will be invaded at least 3-4 times while fighting the primeval, in my experience.

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Thursday, September 06, 2018, 15:38 (2061 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I’m not positive, but I believe it’s on a timer. Alternatively, it could be tied to the primevil’s health bar. Either way, it is certainly frequent. You can safely assume your team will be invaded at least 3-4 times while fighting the primeval, in my experience.

Invaders can come when to your side (a) once, when they bank 25+ motes, (b) once more when they bank 50+ motes, and (c) over and over again once you've summoned your Primeval (subject to a 10? 15? 20? second cooldown between when an invader returns and another one can go).

Other rules of note: the invader has 30 seconds to invade, or four kills, whichever happens first. Any kills the invader gets on your team during the Primeval phase heal your Primeval. Deaths by non-invaders do not heal your Primeval - only invader kills do.

I have seen a team go from having their Primeval half dead to him being fully healed by an invader wiping all four of the team.

Also note that the wizards that spawn with the Primeval give the Primeval some damage resistance. It is not necessary to kill the wizards, but if you do kill them both, you will do much more dps on the Primeval.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Saturday, September 08, 2018, 08:04 (2060 days ago) @ marmot 1333

This is actually correct, the portal is open pretty much permanently when you get a Primeval up. Basically, it closes when someone jumps in and then opens maybe 15 seconds after they die? Maybe even less, but there is a cooldown after you kill them.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread