A Few Dreaming City Wallpapers (Destiny)

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Sunday, September 09, 2018, 16:53 (2058 days ago)

Oh, my ever-loving goodness gracious, the Dreaming City is gorgeous! I just want to explore this place for days. Bungie has done a phenomenal job with this location in every aspect possible.

Anyway, I made a few wallpapers for those who might be interested. 4K, of course. Click to embiggen. Enjoy!

The Blind Well
[image]

The Oracle
[image]

A Few Dreaming City Wallpapers

by cheapLEY @, Sunday, September 09, 2018, 17:09 (2058 days ago) @ Beorn

Love that shot of the Observatory. I couldn't get one that I liked.

Man, the Dreaming City is just so good looking.

Some of these ones that I took might be alright, too. We really need photo mode! I was stopping every few minutes to turn the HUD back off for screenshots.

[image] [image] [image]
[image] [image] [image]
[image] [image] [image]
[image] [image] [image]

Question about composing

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Sunday, September 09, 2018, 17:15 (2058 days ago) @ cheapLEY

How are you hiding your weapon for those last couple? I don't recall any walls to sit against, and they seem to have changed something in D2 so that your camera no longer collides with friendly players, but instead clips through them. So you can't use them as a backstop. :-\

Edit: Also, love those shots - very nice! I think I'll probably do some "photo walks" around the space one of these days. There are a couple places in yours that I've never seen (yet!).

Question about composing

by cheapLEY @, Sunday, September 09, 2018, 17:29 (2058 days ago) @ Beorn

All of those were taken by sitting and the camera sliding up. There are a few where I got lucky and sat down on a set of stairs and my Guardian just disappeared under the frame. I had to use DIM to change my heavy weapon from a Rocket Launcher, because the end of it was sticking up into the frame.

I think they fixed the no weapon glitch, unfortunately. I could never quite pull it off consistently, but I couldn't do it at all when I tried a few weeks ago.

It's easier on PS4. You can just switch weapons. If you time it right, you can grab the "screenshot" button on the controller while there's no weapon on the screen. It's easy once you get the hang of it. But the Xbox doesn't allow for that.

EDIT: I just looked at my pictures. If you're talking about the ones with the purple patterns, those are actually two different spots. There is one of those walls with a pillar directly in front of it that I sat against to get the close up view.

Xbox Screenshot Timing

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Monday, September 10, 2018, 07:58 (2058 days ago) @ cheapLEY

It's easier on PS4. You can just switch weapons. If you time it right, you can grab the "screenshot" button on the controller while there's no weapon on the screen. It's easy once you get the hang of it. But the Xbox doesn't allow for that.

So, I was playing with this yesterday (because I never bothered to before…), and the Xbox takes a screenshot at the exact moment that you press the Xbox Guide button on your controller. So it's actually pretty doable.

Also, I found that if I was able to get into a non-combatant area long enough that my weapon lowered, and then looked up, the weapon would slide off-screen. So I managed to get a few more shots last night that way.

Xbox Screenshot Timing

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Monday, September 10, 2018, 08:03 (2058 days ago) @ Beorn

So, I was playing with this yesterday (because I never bothered to before…), and the Xbox takes a screenshot at the exact moment that you press the Xbox Guide button on your controller. So it's actually pretty doable.

huh, I always assumed it was when you hit the X after the home button. Good to know!

Xbox Screenshot Timing

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Monday, September 10, 2018, 08:27 (2058 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

huh, I always assumed it was when you hit the X after the home button. Good to know!

X is "Record That"
Y is "Screenshot"

Probably also good to know. ;-)

Xbox Screenshot Timing

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Monday, September 10, 2018, 09:17 (2058 days ago) @ Beorn

X is "Record That"
Y is "Screenshot"

Probably also good to know. ;-)

I record things more often ;)

A Few Dreaming City Wallpapers

by breitzen @, Kansas, Tuesday, September 11, 2018, 11:05 (2057 days ago) @ Beorn

Here are some screenshots (edited) I got last night:

The Spine of Keres
[image]

The Regent-Commander
[image]

The Conflux
[image]

The Crypt
[image]

And a few more…

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Wednesday, September 12, 2018, 16:59 (2055 days ago) @ Beorn

This place is just an embarrassment of riches. Just a couple interiors I grabbed the other night. Click to load the large 4K versions…

[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread