Just Realized

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Sunday, February 17, 2013, 22:26 (4085 days ago)

That symbol for The Fallen:
[image]
is on the walking tank used by the guys in the snow:
[image]
I was kinda speculating that they might be the spider pirates or whatever thanks to their multi legged tank, maybe not.

Just Realized

by Pfhrogblast, Finland, Sunday, February 17, 2013, 23:42 (4085 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Bungie store sells a print of that artwork under the title "Limited Edition Fallen Lithograph", so yep. That's them.

Just Realized

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Monday, February 18, 2013, 03:46 (4085 days ago) @ Ragashingo

I think the IGN commentary vid said the guy on the back of the tank was a spider pirate.

I think the problem is that some of the terms we've heard for enemies are identifying factions, and others are identifying individual enemy types or perhaps alien species.

Spider pirates and spider tanks might be part of the Fallen faction.

Just Realized

by urk, Monday, February 18, 2013, 08:10 (4085 days ago) @ narcogen

"Spider pirates" is definitely not an official term. ;)

The Fallen in the snow, for example, are from the House of Devils.

Just Realized

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Monday, February 18, 2013, 09:55 (4085 days ago) @ urk

"Spider pirates" is definitely not an official term. ;)

Glad to hear it, actually. It sounded... a bit silly and very un-Bungielike.

Of course, so does "space zombies".

Just Realized

by urk, Monday, February 18, 2013, 11:36 (4085 days ago) @ narcogen

Of course, so does "space zombies".

ayup

Just Realized

by Hedge ⌂, Australia, Monday, February 18, 2013, 17:57 (4084 days ago) @ urk

This reminds me of the folklore of Hull-House in Chicago and devil babies. A father who had six daughters said that he'd rather have a devil than another daughter. When the seventh child was born it was a devil baby.

Thank god he didn't say "I'd rather have a spider pirate..."

-Hedge.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread