Hotfix 2.0.3.1, or The One Where Cayde's Will gets easier (Destiny)

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Thursday, September 20, 2018, 10:12 (2064 days ago)

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/Update/47249

There's some other crap, too, but this caught my eye:

• Players may now progress the “Cayde’s Will” quest step by defeating either invaders or general enemies with Hand Cannons.

To me, that reads as both players and PvE enemies, which would be super cool. It's possible that I'm misreading, and they've just changed it so that kills WHILE invading count, in addition to kills AGAINST invaders (since that's what everyone initially tries anyway). Either way, there'll be significantly more opportunities to advance your progress now.

Hotfix 2.0.3.1, or The One Where Cayde's Will gets easier

by squidnh3, Thursday, September 20, 2018, 10:38 (2064 days ago) @ stabbim

It sounds like it's PvE enemies, but it takes a lot more, and it's a % bar.

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, September 20, 2018, 11:23 (2064 days ago) @ squidnh3

I’m totally okay with that. It could 5000 PvE kills, and I’d get it long before I got 5 invader kills.

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Thursday, September 20, 2018, 11:41 (2064 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Heh, I was thinking pretty much the same thing.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Thursday, September 20, 2018, 11:44 (2064 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I’m totally okay with that. It could 5000 PvE kills, and I’d get it long before I got 5 invader kills.

Yup. It's an example of that "Or" thing I talk about.

Even if the requirements are crazy, giving people an alternate path is definitely the way to go. Great change.

by TheeChaos @, Thursday, September 20, 2018, 12:56 (2064 days ago) @ Korny

Now they need to change the Competitive Crucible hand cannon kills from Final Blows to just assists.

Half the fight is finishing an enemy before some jabroni steals your kill with an auto rifle shot. 150 kills is a long road to begin with, final blows? A little much, and I know it won't take me nearly as long as others.

by Harmanimus @, Thursday, September 20, 2018, 13:46 (2064 days ago) @ TheeChaos

For he Luna’s Howl quest?

Aside, when do we start making jokes about Bungie not respecting our grind and getting an emblem for having complated that step before they made it easy for “anyone to do”???

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, September 20, 2018, 14:25 (2064 days ago) @ Harmanimus

Reddit beat you to that within five minutes of that news being posted.

by TheeChaos @, Friday, September 21, 2018, 05:24 (2064 days ago) @ Harmanimus

Yes sorry, for the Luna's Howl. It's not as bad as I thought it would be, but its still quite a pain.

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Thursday, September 20, 2018, 16:33 (2064 days ago) @ cheapLEY

ditto. I have problems hitting the broadside of a barn with a hand cannon. even worse if I want consecutive shots before the other guy kills me. I've had tons of gambit games and only 1 hand cannon kill. thought I had one last night when I and multiple teammates were going after an invader, heard the trill indicating a guardian kill from my shot, but noting on the quest counter.

One match got me to 36%

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, September 20, 2018, 16:39 (2064 days ago) @ cheapLEY

It's much easier now!

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread