Bug-related Pro Tip (regarding crucible quest progression) (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Friday, September 21, 2018, 08:14 (2064 days ago)

As Bungie has previously mentioned, there's a known bug that has sprung up since the launch of Forsaken that manifests as a defective kill-feed during crucible games. Basically, most actions that are typically announced via the kill feed won't be. I've run into it a couple times now, and both times, performing a hard reset of my console has solved the problem.

However, last night I noticed something else about this bug. It seems to directly interfere with certain quest or bounty progression. While playing Iron Banner last night, I noticed that my "generate motes of light" IB Bounty was not filling up, even after 5 games with multiple super kills per game. It didn't move up at all. I'm also on the portion of the Redrix Broadsword quest that requiers double-kills, and my progression there didn't move over the course of the night either.

Just wanted to point this out in case anyone else gets hit by this bug. It may seem like nothing more than a surface-level annoyance at first, but it appears to be causing deeper problems. So you'll probably want to try a hard reset right away.

^ The OG Pro Tip

by TheeChaos @, Friday, September 21, 2018, 08:46 (2064 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Reboot.
=]

ITCrowd.mp4

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Friday, September 21, 2018, 09:39 (2064 days ago) @ TheeChaos

- No text -

Bug-related Pro Tip (regarding crucible quest progression)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, September 21, 2018, 09:51 (2064 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Just wanted to point this out in case anyone else gets hit by this bug. It may seem like nothing more than a surface-level annoyance at first, but it appears to be causing deeper problems. So you'll probably want to try a hard reset right away.

This sounds like a plausible explanation! Ottermack was making orbs but not getting bounty credit for them. If the 'orbs generated' feed never showed, that might have done it.

This might explain why none of my invader kills with a hand canon were registering.

By the way, the way pulse rifles were changed in Forsaken is really good for Redrix. It was kind of meh in Warmind, but in Forsaken it's where it should be: a really good weapon that is not overpoweringly good. You will enjoy it when you get it.

by Claude Errera @, Friday, September 21, 2018, 13:32 (2064 days ago) @ Cody Miller

This sounds like a plausible explanation! Ottermack was making orbs but not getting bounty credit for them. If the 'orbs generated' feed never showed, that might have done it.

This might explain why none of my invader kills with a hand canon were registering.

By the way, the way pulse rifles were changed in Forsaken is really good for Redrix. It was kind of meh in Warmind, but in Forsaken it's where it should be: a really good weapon that is not overpoweringly good. You will enjoy it when you get it.

I don't think it's gettable in Y2; the Broadsword is not the same gun as the Claymore. I don't think you can earn the Claymore any more.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, September 21, 2018, 15:31 (2063 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I don't think it's gettable in Y2; the Broadsword is not the same gun as the Claymore. I don't think you can earn the Claymore any more.

It's the exact same gun. Same model. Same stats. Same special perks (Outlaw/desperado), just updated with random rolls / new masterwork / light level.

by squidnh3, Friday, September 21, 2018, 16:04 (2063 days ago) @ Cody Miller

It's the exact same gun. Same model. Same stats. Same special perks (Outlaw/desperado), just updated with random rolls / new masterwork / light level.

But with none of the temporarily life destroying angst! (That you somehow avoided)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, September 24, 2018, 09:37 (2061 days ago) @ squidnh3

But with none of the temporarily life destroying angst! (That you somehow avoided)

Worth it when you can do shit like this:

Two kills that take 18 frames each = .6 sec TTK. Feels good man…

by Claude Errera @, Monday, September 24, 2018, 14:13 (2061 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Wow. I'm SUPER-happy that fewer than 8000 people have that gun... and that you need to reset your valor 5 times in Season 4 before you can have its replacement.

by cheapLEY @, Monday, September 24, 2018, 17:19 (2060 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Wow. I'm SUPER-happy that fewer than 8000 people have that gun... and that you need to reset your valor 5 times in Season 4 before you can have its replacement.

I foresee a lot of Crucible in my future. I think I need that thing.

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, September 24, 2018, 17:22 (2060 days ago) @ cheapLEY

It’s at the top of my list right now :)

by cheapLEY @, Monday, September 24, 2018, 17:24 (2060 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

It’s at the top of my list right now :)

Send me an invite if you feel like pairing up, or just join me if you see me doing Crucible. I'll need all the help I can get . . .

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, September 24, 2018, 18:10 (2060 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I feel like it mitigates the fact that I never got to experience Hawkmoon in its full power before it was nerfed. Enjoying this while I can.

by marmot 1333 @, Friday, September 21, 2018, 17:31 (2063 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I'm pretty sure that only people that got the gun last season can get it now. You have it, but I'll never have it.

by cheapLEY @, Friday, September 21, 2018, 18:37 (2063 days ago) @ marmot 1333

I'm pretty sure that only people that got the gun last season can get it now. You have it, but I'll never have it.

That’s not true. The Broadsword effectively is the Claymore. It’s the exact same gun with random barrels. So no, you’ll never gave the Claymore, but you can get the Broadsword from doing the quest. Folks that already had the Claymore can get the Broadsword from a regular Crucible engram without having to do the quest.

Console or Game app?

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Friday, September 21, 2018, 13:45 (2064 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Is it a hard reset of the console or will just a force quit of the game will do?

Console or Game app?

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, September 21, 2018, 16:05 (2063 days ago) @ CougRon

Is it a hard reset of the console or will just a force quit of the game will do?

Cruel said console, assuming he's right.

Console or Game app?

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Saturday, September 22, 2018, 08:11 (2063 days ago) @ Kermit

Cruel said console, assuming he's right.

Can confirm, I got hit with the big again last night. Did a full console reset (as in “hold down the power button for 5 seconds”), launched back into the game, and it was fixed.

Speaking of bugs,anyone having issues with the Drake lately?

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Friday, September 21, 2018, 23:03 (2063 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY
edited by DiscipleN2k, Friday, September 21, 2018, 23:16

Tried to run the heroic story mission today, but the Drake will no longer turn. I can drive forward and backward, but that's it.
https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/disciplen2k/video/60773068

Yeah

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Saturday, September 22, 2018, 15:15 (2062 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

But apparently Bella is denying it happened.

Speaking of bugs,anyone having issues with the Drake lately?

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Monday, September 24, 2018, 11:28 (2061 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

[image]

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread