SkillUp reviews Old Coke, R6:Siege, and the Scarab Lord. (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, September 21, 2018, 17:31 (2064 days ago)

I know I've said this a couple of times already, but I really think that this is SkillUp's best video yet. Despite being almost an hour long, there is nothing here that I disagree with (although I never did get a chance to try New Coke).

tl;dr, Forsaken and 2.0 are a Triumph, despite a few significant issues. But there is nuance and importance with both the successes and shortcomings, and what that has meant since Destiny 1, and what it can mean down the road. Plus, Gambit may be bigger than Bungie realizes.

SkillUp reviews Old Coke, R6:Siege, and the Scarab Lord.

by cheapLEY @, Friday, September 21, 2018, 23:31 (2063 days ago) @ Korny

I want to watch this, but he mentioned spoiling stuff in the raid, so I immediately closed it. How big are the spoilers? He says he spoils "the last boss." If he's talking about mechanics or shows footage at all, I'm out. If he's just talking about what the last boss is and the significance of that, I think I'm okay, as that seems pretty common knowledge at this point.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Saturday, September 22, 2018, 08:45 (2063 days ago) @ cheapLEY
edited by Korny, Saturday, September 22, 2018, 08:51

I want to watch this, but he mentioned spoiling stuff in the raid, so I immediately closed it. How big are the spoilers? He says he spoils "the last boss." If he's talking about mechanics or shows footage at all, I'm out. If he's just talking about what the last boss is and the significance of that, I think I'm okay, as that seems pretty common knowledge at this point.

From what I remember, it’s like a second of the Ahamkara (non-combat) as he discusses the repercussions caused by Team Redeem’s success. Nothing spoilery that we didn’t already know. He doesn’t discuss any Raid mechanics (as he still hasn’t done the Raid at all yet). I really can’t remember seeing anything else that I hadn’t already.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Saturday, September 22, 2018, 09:17 (2063 days ago) @ Korny

The one thing I will say is that I finally feel like Bungie has delivered on the old "the game starts at level 20" line from Destiny 1. You complete the Forsaken campaign, and there is tons to do and explore. The dreaming city itself feels like it has a lot hidden away. This is all awesome.

Drinking game...

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Saturday, September 22, 2018, 15:10 (2063 days ago) @ Korny

... take a shot every time he says “Destiny’s 2” instead of “Destiny 2’s”.

Drinking game...

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Saturday, September 22, 2018, 18:15 (2063 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

... take a shot every time he says “Destiny’s 2” instead of “Destiny 2’s”.

Now I am dead. Thanks a lot.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread