New quest available: The Seething Heart (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, September 25, 2018, 12:07 (2060 days ago)
edited by Korny, Tuesday, September 25, 2018, 12:11

Get to playing Gambit, folks (sorry, Claude!). Apparently an Ascendant Primeval Servitor has a chance to spawn during a Primeval phase, and killing it (before your enemy team brings down their Primeval) has a chance to drop a Seething Heart for a random player(s) on the team that summoned it, starting the quest (which sends you into the Dreaming City).

Can't wait to see where this goes! Thorn, maybe?

New quest available: The Seething Heart

by TheeChaos @, Tuesday, September 25, 2018, 12:12 (2060 days ago) @ Korny

My vote is that Malfeasance Handcannon. Since everyone thought it was tied to Gambit anyway?

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, September 25, 2018, 12:15 (2060 days ago) @ TheeChaos

My vote is that Malfeasance Handcannon. Since everyone thought it was tied to Gambit anyway?

Probably, given the datamined stuff.

I already have the ornament, so here we go!

by TheeChaos @, Tuesday, September 25, 2018, 12:17 (2060 days ago) @ Korny

How do we know its not just a regular Petra/Dreaming City quest? Is it an exotic Quest?

Thorn 2.0

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Tuesday, September 25, 2018, 12:31 (2060 days ago) @ TheeChaos

- No text -

If that's true, I'll be making to back to the Lighthouse!

by TheeChaos @, Tuesday, September 25, 2018, 12:32 (2060 days ago) @ Malagate

- No text -

Well, not literally Thorn, but Malfeasance.

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Wednesday, September 26, 2018, 07:25 (2059 days ago) @ TheeChaos

Nevin, Talli, Faeriefire, and I ran some Gambit last night and had the ascendant boss spawn on our second or third game. I think we were winning handily, I wonder if you have to spawn a certain number of large blockers or something, since I know many others have played a ton of games and haven't had it happen.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Wednesday, September 26, 2018, 07:36 (2059 days ago) @ Malagate

Nevin, Talli, Faeriefire, and I ran some Gambit last night and had the ascendant boss spawn on our second or third game. I think we were winning handily, I wonder if you have to spawn a certain number of large blockers or something, since I know many others have played a ton of games and haven't had it happen.

The only time we had it spawn is when we were losing badly cause our rando dropped on us. We spent the rest of the night kicking butt with no Riven :-(

Personal policy, avoid blueberries in Gambit.

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Wednesday, September 26, 2018, 07:57 (2059 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

We got lucky with a blueberry last night after one of our group got rabbit'ed; but there's just too much coordination required to allow the risk-based gametype MORE risky.

by TheeChaos @, Wednesday, September 26, 2018, 07:56 (2059 days ago) @ Malagate

I know, twas a joke!

I played about 4 games last night and did not get 1 spawn. We were doing relatively OK. I hope its not tied to just this WEEK, hopefully there is always a chance for it to spawn.

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Wednesday, September 26, 2018, 08:02 (2059 days ago) @ TheeChaos

I know, twas a joke!

I played about 4 games last night and did not get 1 spawn. We were doing relatively OK. I hope its not tied to just this WEEK, hopefully there is always a chance for it to spawn.

Based on nothing, but I would think it would make sense if every third week of the Dreaming City cycle would give the chance for the Ascendant Primeval to spawn in Gambit. Otherwise it would just be random all the time and everyone would eventually get it much faster, right?

by TheeChaos @, Wednesday, September 26, 2018, 08:06 (2059 days ago) @ Malagate

I know, twas a joke!

Based on nothing, but I would think it would make sense if every third week of the Dreaming City cycle would give the chance for the Ascendant Primeval to spawn in Gambit. Otherwise it would just be random all the time and everyone would eventually get it much faster, right?

Deej, is that you?

hahahaha

You are probably right though, although there could still be more weeks in the rotation. I have not seen anything related to a definite 3 week cycle.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Wednesday, September 26, 2018, 09:04 (2059 days ago) @ TheeChaos

I know, twas a joke!

Deej, is that you?

hahahaha

You are probably right though, although there could still be more weeks in the rotation. I have not seen anything related to a definite 3 week cycle.

Maybe it's a 3 week cycle, but there is a small chance Rivin appears on a certain map or enemy type.

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, September 26, 2018, 14:13 (2059 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

I know, twas a joke!

Deej, is that you?

hahahaha

Maybe it's a 3 week cycle, but there is a small chance Rivin appears on a certain map or enemy type.

My group last night had a Voice of Riven spawn in 2 separate matches; both different maps, and I believe different enemies.

by Claude Errera @, Wednesday, September 26, 2018, 14:15 (2059 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I know, twas a joke!

Deej, is that you?

hahahaha

My group last night had a Voice of Riven spawn in 2 separate matches; both different maps, and I believe different enemies.

We played a bunch of games (8? 9?), winning the first few, losing a lot after that, no VoR at all, in any of them. (We were even looking on our opponents' side each round.)

I'm getting the feeling it's gonna be like Trust. Some people get drops every other game, other people (::raises hand::) haven't seen one yet.

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, September 26, 2018, 14:37 (2059 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I know, twas a joke!

Deej, is that you?

hahahaha

We played a bunch of games (8? 9?), winning the first few, losing a lot after that, no VoR at all, in any of them. (We were even looking on our opponents' side each round.)

I'm getting the feeling it's gonna be like Trust. Some people get drops every other game, other people (::raises hand::) haven't seen one yet.

Good old RNG :)

For us, it appeared during our first and second games of the night, if I remember correctly. I totally missed it the first time. I was so busy melting the boss, I didn't notice the other, flying-spaghetti-monster shaped boss hovering in the air beside it, lol.

6-player strike

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, September 26, 2018, 12:55 (2059 days ago) @ Korny

One of the steps in this quest is to replay a modified version of the "Corrupted" strike. What the quest doesn't make clear is that this version of the strike can be played as a group of 6. I ran through it with an LFG group last night, and it was some of the most fun I've had in Destiny. It was like a mini-raid. We were all substantially under-leveled, which made the combat demanding and punishing. But we fought through it, laughing pretty much the entire time.

I haven't yet had time to check to see if there's any way to replay this version of the strike once you complete the quest step... I hope there is, because I'd love to jump into this strike with 5 friends over and over, just for the fun of it.

I think this stands as a great proof of concept for Bungie as well. I hope we see more high level, challenging 6-player missions/strikes in the future.

6-player strike

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, September 26, 2018, 13:27 (2059 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

That sounds amazing! I really hope Bungie leans more in that direction.

I never had much hope anyway, but after Escalation Protocol, I was hoping that Blind Well might allow for larger Fireteams.

Escalation Protocol was in the regular Patrol area, so I can at least see the argument for still limiting to 3 person fireteams, but Blind Well is it's own area, so there's no reason to not just let people load in as a team of six or even nine.

Blind well

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Wednesday, September 26, 2018, 13:54 (2059 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I've heard the Blind Well activity can actually have up to 12 people. Same problem as escalation protocol though, you somehow need to get multiple fireteams in there.

Blind well

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, September 26, 2018, 14:10 (2059 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

I've heard the Blind Well activity can actually have up to 12 people. Same problem as escalation protocol though, you somehow need to get multiple fireteams in there.

At least with the Blind Well, it seems to be far easier for 1, 2, or 3 Guardians to wander into the well, run into 2-3 randos, and have a large enough group to have a successful run through at least tier 1 or 2. EP was virtually impossible with fewer than 8-9 players until very recently, which made the lack of any reliable matchmaking or grouping options quite frustrating.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread