PS4 Competitive Team. (Destiny)

by TheeChaos @, Tuesday, October 09, 2018, 06:05 (2052 days ago)

I'm working on my Glory for the Luna's Howl (almost there!!!)

So far Ottermack is the only other guardian that is into PVP as much as me AND willing to do the competitive Grind. I have another friend as well helping out, but we could use more people.

Anyone interested in helping out? Also this is good practice for when Trials comes back.

Cody?
WE-ARE-GROOT?

PS4 Competitive Team.

by squidnh3, Tuesday, October 09, 2018, 07:13 (2052 days ago) @ TheeChaos

Too bad you guys are on the PS4, otherwise we'd have a team of 4. Unsurprisingly, my Redrix-grind one night stands haven't really flowered into long term relationships.

PS4 Competitive Team.

by TheeChaos @, Tuesday, October 09, 2018, 07:19 (2052 days ago) @ squidnh3

Too bad you guys are on the PS4, otherwise we'd have a team of 4. Unsurprisingly, my Redrix-grind one night stands haven't really flowered into long term relationships.

Yep, we used to have a crew but most moved over to PC or Xbox. I have a few people I am trying to swindle into joining DBO. Most the active ones on PS4 now stick to PVE and just do the crucible for Dailies/Weeklies.

Dude...

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Tuesday, October 09, 2018, 07:24 (2052 days ago) @ squidnh3

... I’m grinding the heck out of it these days. We should join up :)

Room for a rookie?

by Oholiab @, Tuesday, October 09, 2018, 07:55 (2052 days ago) @ squidnh3

I’ve been enticed to play competitive by the prospect of Luna’s Howl. I think I’m improving, but I can’t seem to eek out more Ws than Ls. I’m still on the “get precision final blows with hand cannons” step. It’s slow going because I get way more assists than kills.

I am just starting the 2 on Xbox

by ChrisTheeCrappy, Tuesday, October 09, 2018, 08:20 (2052 days ago) @ squidnh3

So I may be joining you soon. Luna Howl is killing me too muhc not to have it.

I want in.

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, October 09, 2018, 08:22 (2052 days ago) @ squidnh3

I’m sort of stuck on which one to chase though. Competitive isn’t fun without a team, but I don’t know if five Valor resets is a realistic proposition for me.

I want in.

by TheeChaos @, Tuesday, October 09, 2018, 08:48 (2052 days ago) @ cheapLEY

You earn Valor while playing Competitive, and the quests have overlapping goals, so you'd be killing 2 birds with one stone. Also your valor resets before that quest step count towards it, THANK GOD.

I want in.

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, October 09, 2018, 10:01 (2052 days ago) @ TheeChaos

Whoa. I didn’t realize you earned Valor in Competitive. That definitely changes things.

I want in.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, October 09, 2018, 10:07 (2052 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Whoa. I didn’t realize you earned Valor in Competitive. That definitely changes things.

Yeah, that's a Forsaken change.

While I personally don't find Competitive fun (like, at all), it is nice to be filling up multiple bars at once...

I want in.

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, October 09, 2018, 10:14 (2052 days ago) @ Korny

While I personally don't find Competitive fun (like, at all), it is nice to be filling up multiple bars at once...

I’m with you. Comp is fine with a team, I think. But I do not enjoy it at all alone. I might dive in for an evening just to see if the climb to 2100 is feasible at all for me. Luna’s Howl does look pretty cool, and I love 180 hand cannons.

I want in.

by TheeChaos @, Tuesday, October 09, 2018, 10:24 (2052 days ago) @ cheapLEY
edited by TheeChaos, Tuesday, October 09, 2018, 10:29

YEP! I have also heard if you have a 5 win streak in Quickplay, and then you play Competitive, even if you lose you do not lose you streak. But wins count towards your valor as if you had the streak.

Not verified myself.

The climb to 2100 takes some coordination. If i lose 3 games back to back, I move on to something else. Join up with some good friends, take it slow.

I was playing last night with a friend who can definitely hold his own in Competitive. I earned about 300 glory through the evening. We never got over a 3 win streak, and only lost 1 game in between.

Also, if you play at least 3 Competitive games a week, you get a bonus of 40 points at the reset. Although some people say this is bugged.

Me too thanks.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, October 09, 2018, 10:38 (2052 days ago) @ TheeChaos

I don't currently have PS4 though... so... no fancy PVP weapons for me. :(

Shameless Luna's Plug

by WildthingVII, Tuesday, October 09, 2018, 10:44 (2052 days ago) @ TheeChaos

Xbox unfortunately, but just want to say that it's totally worth it for those 3 taps:

https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/wildthingvii/video/61717839

Quit that.

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, October 09, 2018, 10:47 (2052 days ago) @ WildthingVII

Don’t post stuff like that! I don’t need to want that gun any more than I already do.

Shameless Luna's Plug

by TheeChaos @, Tuesday, October 09, 2018, 10:59 (2052 days ago) @ WildthingVII

Awesome sauce gun for sure. I wouldn't be doing the grind if I did not need it.

Currently sitting on ~1300 Glory, only 800 left!

You may regret posting that.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, October 09, 2018, 11:00 (2052 days ago) @ WildthingVII

Queue request in three... two... one...

HEY BUDDY! So uh... super bro buddy... buddy bud bud best bud... Can you *heh* I don't know, help [carry] me to get [SUPER-AWESOME-PVP-GUN]?

/s ... kinda.

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. :P

PS4 Competitive Team.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, October 09, 2018, 11:40 (2052 days ago) @ TheeChaos

I'm working on my Glory for the Luna's Howl (almost there!!!)

So far Ottermack is the only other guardian that is into PVP as much as me AND willing to do the competitive Grind. I have another friend as well helping out, but we could use more people.

Anyone interested in helping out? Also this is good practice for when Trials comes back.

Cody?

You bet. Either find me when I'm on, or make a Competitive event on FTB. I'll be on more often in the next few days!

PS4 Competitive Team.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, October 09, 2018, 11:41 (2052 days ago) @ squidnh3

I ground out the claymore alone… in my room.

PS4 Competitive Team.

by TheeChaos @, Tuesday, October 09, 2018, 12:50 (2052 days ago) @ Cody Miller

BET.
I may be doing other things since its reset but if im on and you want to do some Competitive, shoot me an invite. Myself, Ottermack, and another friend are planning on doing some around 8 pm EST tonight. I wonder how fast we can get to 2100? If i got it tonight I might die, although thats pretty far fetched

PS4 Competitive Team.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, October 09, 2018, 13:12 (2052 days ago) @ TheeChaos

BET.
I may be doing other things since its reset but if im on and you want to do some Competitive, shoot me an invite. Myself, Ottermack, and another friend are planning on doing some around 8 pm EST tonight. I wonder how fast we can get to 2100? If i got it tonight I might die, although thats pretty far fetched

I'll try to be on around then, but it might be closer to 9pm EST for me.

A Caution

by squidnh3, Tuesday, October 09, 2018, 19:49 (2052 days ago) @ squidnh3

I'll totally play with any of the above people that are interested. However, just understand what you are getting into. At least for last season, once you get up into the higher Valor numbers, the competition gets intense. You may find yourself tantalizing close to your goal, with virtually no way of accomplishing it. If you don't have fun just playing competitively for competition's sake, it's hard to recommend committing to a path of frustration that ultimately could be completely without reward.

A Caution

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, October 09, 2018, 20:28 (2052 days ago) @ squidnh3

I'll totally play with any of the above people that are interested. However, just understand what you are getting into. At least for last season, once you get up into the higher Valor numbers, the competition gets intense. You may find yourself tantalizing close to your goal, with virtually no way of accomplishing it. If you don't have fun just playing competitively for competition's sake, it's hard to recommend committing to a path of frustration that ultimately could be completely without reward.

That's good to know.

For whatever it's worth, I liked Trials in D2 the three or four times I played it--I just never found a regular team to play with. I am totally okay with Competitive. I just can't stomach it alone very often. If I have a team with me, I typically have a good time.

I'd really like to get a weekly Competitive night going. Form a team (or more than one!) and tackle this thing a bit at a time without getting burned out on it. If not, I might try my luck at either the Xbox LFG or the companion app LFG.

A Caution

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, October 10, 2018, 13:14 (2051 days ago) @ squidnh3

Totally understood. I enjoy the competition :)

Xbox Comp Nights?

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, October 10, 2018, 21:00 (2051 days ago) @ squidnh3

ChrisTheeCrappy, INSANEdrive, and I (and a rando we partied up with--shoutout to Peuo) did pretty decently in Comp tonight. Moved up almost 300 Glory points. I had a lot of fun (except for Survival--screw that gametype).

I'd like to get a regular Comp night going, if there's interest. I'll play more than one night per week, but I'd love to have at least an attempted regular night to dedicate a few hours to playing.

I saw a few people in the FTB event that said Wednesday aren't a good night. What works for you folks?

[Video] Omae wa Mou Shindeiru!

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Wednesday, October 10, 2018, 22:39 (2051 days ago) @ cheapLEY

[Video] Friendly fire? :P

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Wednesday, October 10, 2018, 22:54 (2051 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Wait . . .

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, October 11, 2018, 13:27 (2050 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

So every time Chris was complaining about not knowing how he died, it was YOU? :P

Well. Not EVERYTIME.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, October 11, 2018, 14:34 (2050 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Sometimes he had to walk into the bullet. Or use his grenades that didn't work, but he would keep using anyway. :P

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread