Blind Raid complete! (Destiny)

by breitzen @, Kansas, Friday, October 26, 2018, 06:19 (2017 days ago)

What a great Raid! There were a couple of encounters I thought "we'll never get through this," but we persevered and came out on top!

While I appreciated The Leviathan's change of pace when it came to the Raid design, this feels like Bungie took the best parts of all the D1 Raids, and made a wonderful cocktail. Each encounter is a lot of fun and the Wall of Wishes will make replaying this Raid way more enjoyable.

GG Bungie. Can't wait to see what you have cooked up for the Lairs.

Shoutout to our Fireteam: Beorn, myself, MacAddict, Raga, Speedracer, and Xenos

Congrats!

by TheeChaos @, Friday, October 26, 2018, 06:29 (2017 days ago) @ breitzen

- No text -

Congrats

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Friday, October 26, 2018, 08:42 (2016 days ago) @ breitzen

Kermit's blind team wasn't quite able to figure out all the mechanics this week so the next time I'm up everything will be well understood. Should make doing the full raid quite fun, especially after seeing how much easier the encounters were once everyone was over-leveled and understood the mechanics.

Congrats

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Friday, October 26, 2018, 08:56 (2016 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

Kermit's blind team wasn't quite able to figure out all the mechanics this week so the next time I'm up everything will be well understood. Should make doing the full raid quite fun, especially after seeing how much easier the encounters were once everyone was over-leveled and understood the mechanics.

Yeah, we went back to the first encounter and 1 phased it on our first try.

Nice!

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Friday, October 26, 2018, 09:01 (2016 days ago) @ breitzen

- No text -

Congrats! When are y'all gonna start the sherpa tours? :-)

by Robot Chickens, Friday, October 26, 2018, 09:08 (2016 days ago) @ breitzen

- No text -

Congrats! When are y'all gonna start the sherpa tours? :-)

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Friday, October 26, 2018, 09:21 (2016 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

I'll start today if you get me a 1000 Thousand Voices :-)

+1

by breitzen @, Kansas, Friday, October 26, 2018, 09:49 (2016 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

- No text -

+2

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, October 26, 2018, 10:09 (2016 days ago) @ breitzen

- No text -

That's a lotta voices!

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, October 26, 2018, 10:01 (2016 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

I'll start today if you get me a 1000 Thousand Voices :-)

I thought they fixed that bug already. :P

What would you do with more than 3? (Or 1, in your case?)

by Claude Errera @, Friday, October 26, 2018, 11:14 (2016 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

- No text -

Community Raid Nights

by breitzen @, Kansas, Friday, October 26, 2018, 13:57 (2016 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

I'd like to start doing community raid nights in the near future. Where teams of 3-4 experienced Raiders help less experienced/first timers through Raids/Lairs. I have a feeling Last Wish is going to be most popular right now, but I know a number of people still haven't beaten the Leviathan Lairs.

This is educational at its core. This would be a great place to learn new roles or bring a friend who's never Raided.

I'm thinking of doing these "officially" on Thursdays. I think it's also important that Sherpas don't feel like they're roped into multiple nights of Raiding if they don't want to. The commitment would be a 2 or 3-hour session (up to each team to decide) on Thursday with no obligation to pick back up. If a team wants to continue through the weekend they can.

Thoughts? Interest?

Interested.

by Robot Chickens, Friday, October 26, 2018, 14:15 (2016 days ago) @ breitzen

- No text -

I'd love this, count me in.

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Friday, October 26, 2018, 14:47 (2016 days ago) @ breitzen

- No text -

Video: Montage of our raid with party chat!

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Friday, October 26, 2018, 14:40 (2016 days ago) @ breitzen

This post has Last Wish raid spoilers, obviously.

Here's a video of our first-time completions for each of the encounters in the raid. We had just over 23 hours in the raid, spread over 8 nights and 3 weekly resets. Running time is right around an hour, which actually seems pretty reasonable for such a large raid. I can't wait to get back in and optimize our strategies for all of these!

The Last Wish is a truly epic raid experience, and I can't wait to share the experience with other DBOers. Time will tell, but I think this may rank up there with my top Destiny raids.

Oh, and don't forget to pick up your Raid Clangram, Xbox folks!

...you need a montage...

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, October 26, 2018, 18:07 (2016 days ago) @ Beorn

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread