30 minutes for one game...? (rant) (Destiny)

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Friday, October 26, 2018, 11:09 (2016 days ago)
edited by ManKitten, Friday, October 26, 2018, 11:21

I finally got all pieces of crucible armor just as I was about to log off. I say "well, I got all my armor, let's play one more. So at about 12:45 I load into a crucible match. At exactly 1:00 (which is 10am Bungie time) with about 1 minute left in the game, I get disconnected. Relaunch the game and get a message about the Ace of Spades shirt almost being sold out or something. Load back into the game (which is going on now) it's 7 after the hour with 8 minutes left in the game. OH I was just returned to orbit as I was typing this because I was inactive FOR 1 MINUTE!!!

Did I get booted the first time just so I could see that stupid shirt message??

It's now going to take about 40 minutes to play this one match.

I recognize the second boot is my fault (Evaluating Guardians for 3rd match now) but GORRAM I'm sick of getting disconnected in Crucible and Gambit. I've given up on Gambit because it feels like I'm always getting disconnected. And it takes so long to get back into the game.

GRAAAAHHAHAGHGAH!!

Edit: Addendum. No, I don't take the blame for the second booting. If the game takes so long to get going that I can find completely other activities to do...it's on them.

Edit 2: I have to win the match for it to count. We lost.

We are witnessing the making of a murderer. GG Bungie

by Robot Chickens, Friday, October 26, 2018, 12:07 (2016 days ago) @ ManKitten

That sucks. The time thing is getting a bit nuts.

Nah, I calmed down.

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Monday, October 29, 2018, 14:32 (2013 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

I came back later and played 1 more game, won it, which awarded me a Riskrunner. I already had one, but never used it after the exotic update and man does that gun chew through baddies! Also in said game I finished my step in the Ace of Spades quest, so I acquired that gun a few minutes later.

All smiles in the end. Creepy furrowed brow smiles.

30 minutes for one game...? (rant)

by Harmanimus @, Friday, October 26, 2018, 12:22 (2016 days ago) @ ManKitten

And Gambit gets worse because so many teams throw the second round so they have another chance to get the Meatball to spawn.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, October 26, 2018, 12:52 (2016 days ago) @ Harmanimus

And Gambit gets worse because so many teams throw the second round so they have another chance to get the Meatball to spawn.

Very poor design decision.

Someone on reddit had a great idea.

Meatball spawn. Drifter: "You've summoned a Primeval… wait. That's not supposed to happen! Guardians, team up and take this thing out!" Then all 8 people work together to take it down.

by Claude Errera @, Friday, October 26, 2018, 13:13 (2016 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Very poor design decision.

Someone on reddit had a great idea.

Meatball spawn. Drifter: "You've summoned a Primeval… wait. That's not supposed to happen! Guardians, team up and take this thing out!" Then all 8 people work together to take it down.

That's a pretty cool idea, actually. Not sure how you handle the win/loss thing... but that's a pretty cool idea.

Treat it like a bonus round?

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Friday, October 26, 2018, 13:20 (2016 days ago) @ Claude Errera

That wouldn't really fix things either. We had a match the other day where the meatball spawned when we were in the lead, but we couldn't burn it fast enough because it goes invulnerable all the time. So the other team just got a normal primeval and burned it before would could do more than 1/3rd damage. NOT FUN Bungie. If the meatball spawns in one arena, it should spawn in both arenas.

by Harmanimus @, Friday, October 26, 2018, 13:26 (2016 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

Don’t do a bonus round. Just warp everyone into the same space, match ends and everyone gets rewarded for a win. Rather than having all the toxic things that come from trying to do that quest.

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Friday, October 26, 2018, 13:41 (2016 days ago) @ Harmanimus

have one team or the other defeat the primevil and then randomly span the meatmall and team up to eliminate it. with the team beating the primevil getting a chance at the malfeasance quest. 8 gaurdians 1 target

by Harmanimus @, Friday, October 26, 2018, 13:44 (2016 days ago) @ CougRon

How do you counter griefing by the team that doesn’t have a chance at the quest?

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Friday, October 26, 2018, 13:55 (2016 days ago) @ Harmanimus

uhm, I don't know. exotics for anyone who doesn't get the quest? :-p

maybe on on each side can qet the quest if the meatball is beaton for sure with the 'winning' team more then one person might get it. maybe the faster it is beaten the more people can get the quest

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Friday, October 26, 2018, 14:31 (2016 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

We had a match the other day where the meatball spawned when we were in the lead, but we couldn't burn it fast enough because it goes invulnerable all the time. So the other team just got a normal primeval and burned it before would could do more than 1/3rd damage. NOT FUN Bungie. If the meatball spawns in one arena, it should spawn in both arenas.

Are you 100% sure about that? According to my friend who was one of the main design leads on Gambit, the meatball always spawns for both teams in the same round...

So if you definitely had a round where it spawned for your team and one of you invaded and confirmed that the other team had a different primeval, I'm gonna presume that was a bug.

by cheapLEY @, Friday, October 26, 2018, 16:44 (2016 days ago) @ Speedracer513

I was under the same impression. Both teams get the meatball. I think both teams always get the same Primeval.

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, October 26, 2018, 17:25 (2016 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Same Primeval, same adds placement, same zone rotation. I think the only differences might be high-value targets and the glowing enemies you get from losing motes.

by cheapLEY @, Friday, October 26, 2018, 18:27 (2016 days ago) @ ZackDark

I think so. I was under the impression that those serve as a sort of equalizer to help the team that is behind.

That would be absolutely fantastic.

by Funkmon @, Friday, October 26, 2018, 13:57 (2016 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Both teams get credit for a win, fun change of pace, turn off team killing. Man that would be great.

Agreed

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Saturday, October 27, 2018, 13:13 (2015 days ago) @ Funkmon

Both teams get credit for a win, fun change of pace, turn off team killing. Man that would be great.

That would be a really fun twist. Love it.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread