Words from Urk! (Destiny)

by Mr Daax ⌂ @, aka: SSG Daax, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 14:17 (3865 days ago)

He spoke to IGN about the beta

"The Destiny beta, in many ways, is being treated like a full product launch. We can't just carve out three competitive multiplayer maps this time around...We'd only be gathering data on one facet of the overall experience -- one that is arguably the least resource intensive and most well understood by our team. Destiny demands more...Our ambition is to build big, rich destinations that players can visit over and over again, to fill them up with great story and moments that they can share with their friends, and to deliver face melting action that leads to treasure, challenge, and discovery...We want to pour all of that secret sauce into the Destiny beta. It's a massive undertaking, but one that we believe will pay huge dividends for us, and for our players."

Wow, that's exciting!

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 15:51 (3865 days ago) @ Mr Daax

I totally expected us to be limited to a very small set of options during the Beta, so Urk's comments are very interesting. I suppose it's advantageous to test as many parts of the system as possible, but I be that's going to be a gargantuan task.

Two questions:

• How much story will we be able to play in the Beta? I would imagine that we will probably see a small handful of "starter" missions, but I doubt that we'll be allowed to even scratch the surface before release. Maybe there will be some Beta-specific missions that won't be available in the final release?
  • Will our characters and their winnings carry over from the Beta to final release? I can see an argument either way, and I'm not sure which one is better.
  • Are Beta players "The Vanguard"? If so, maybe this plays into the idea of there being Beta-only missions to play. Maybe there's a mini-storyline that once completed awards Beta players with something unique to carry over to release.

Oi, my mind is just racing today.

When I read the title of the topic...

by PerseusSpartacus, G'rndl Prime, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 22:31 (3865 days ago) @ Mr Daax

I pictured this:

[image]

See "Sun Myung Moon" under Wikipedia.

Vale,
Perseus

Words from Urk!

by ncsuDuncan @, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 22:38 (3865 days ago) @ Mr Daax

He spoke to IGN about the beta

Heh, no he didn't. He spoke to Gamespot and IGN quoted the article.

Whoops! :P

Words from Urk!

by GrizzNKev, Down the street from Microsoft, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 23:43 (3865 days ago) @ Mr Daax

This is kind of scary to me. I tend to dive way too deep into open beta tests for games I'm excited about, which entirely burns me out on the game by the time it has launched. The allure of some kind of special reward or marking, as well as playing the game early, are nearly impossible to resist.

Words from Urk!

by Fuertisimo, Wednesday, October 02, 2013, 00:22 (3865 days ago) @ GrizzNKev

I get what you're saying, but take heart my friend, I plan on going completely dark on new information outside of official channels once the beta launches, and if I can do it, you can too!

Words from Urk!

by Mr Daax ⌂ @, aka: SSG Daax, Wednesday, October 02, 2013, 05:54 (3865 days ago) @ GrizzNKev

That's alright. I'll take your beta key for you. Hey, what are friends for?

I am so psyched!

by Hyokin, New York, Wednesday, October 02, 2013, 09:44 (3865 days ago) @ Mr Daax

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread