Made a quick guide to farming dozens of Fragmented Souls. (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Saturday, November 03, 2018, 14:12 (2008 days ago)
edited by Korny, Saturday, November 03, 2018, 14:29

Basically, run "The Haunted Forest" story mission without killing enemies, and look for the easily-predictable chest spawns. You can find around a dozen chests in a single 20-25 minute run, which means more Souls (~24) than running it legitimately. Plus, you don't have to worry about the Invincible Knight at all.

Chests?

by squidnh3, Saturday, November 03, 2018, 15:29 (2008 days ago) @ Korny

Well, good to know those are a thing...not show how I managed not to notice.

Chests?

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Sunday, November 04, 2018, 02:03 (2007 days ago) @ squidnh3

Eh, it's pretty easy to not go down those paths if you're following the nav point, which I'd imagine most are. Personally, I've only run into 2 of them.

Good tip!

by TheeChaos @, Sunday, November 04, 2018, 06:51 (2007 days ago) @ Korny

- No text -

Made a quick guide to farming dozens of Fragmented Souls.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Sunday, November 04, 2018, 14:26 (2007 days ago) @ Korny

Basically, run "The Haunted Forest" story mission without killing enemies, and look for the easily-predictable chest spawns. You can find around a dozen chests in a single 20-25 minute run, which means more Souls (~24) than running it legitimately. Plus, you don't have to worry about the Invincible Knight at all.

Nice tip. Wish I'd known this a few days ago. I guess it's a given that you should google whatever goal you have in Destiny before you attempt it.

Please halp.

by EffortlessFury @, Monday, November 05, 2018, 11:22 (2006 days ago) @ Korny

This didn't work for me

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Monday, November 05, 2018, 16:25 (2006 days ago) @ Korny

I was running this for my brother in law because he couldn't dedicate the time to get Horror Story on his own. I felt like I was SCOURING each block and found 0-2 chests max before resetting the branch each time. I ended up with four fragmented souls after 30 minutes and went back to doing it normally. Then I got the 60+ fragments I needed within 1.5 hours...

Probably some amount of RNG luck and a better awareness of where they spawn, but DAMN it did not work for me.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread