Drawing Board: The Silver Dollar (Destiny)

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, October 02, 2013, 14:54 (3876 days ago)

Bungie has posted the latest drawing board about a shotgun called, the Silver Dollar. Go read!

Drawing Board: The Silver Dollar

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Wednesday, October 02, 2013, 15:22 (3876 days ago) @ Xenos

Guns that were used in the last defense of Earth before the Fall? Sign me the fuck up!

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, October 02, 2013, 15:28 (3876 days ago) @ MrPadraig08

Guns that were used in the last defense of Earth before the Fall? Sign me the fuck up!

And I'm always down for a good shotgun. Bungie makes some of the most satisfying shotguns (well except for maybe the Halo 2 shotgun).

I want this for reals

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Wednesday, October 02, 2013, 17:04 (3876 days ago) @ Xenos

Bungie makes the coolest shotguns.

Yes! Yes!

by Durandal, Wednesday, October 02, 2013, 17:31 (3876 days ago) @ Xenos

Hopefully the reloading mechanism will be understandable to those with less then a planet sized brain.

by GrizzNKev, Down the street from Microsoft, Wednesday, October 02, 2013, 19:07 (3876 days ago) @ Xenos

I wonder if they'll put another animal on the bullets. Tiger shells. Tigerman buck.

"As relateable as a lucky coin"

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Wednesday, October 02, 2013, 19:51 (3876 days ago) @ Xenos

[image]

What… am I looking at?

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Wednesday, October 02, 2013, 19:58 (3876 days ago) @ Pyromancy

- No text -

+1, ++, ^This, Like, Favorite, Retweet, etc.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, October 02, 2013, 20:05 (3876 days ago) @ Beorn

- No text -

Shoot...

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Wednesday, October 02, 2013, 20:19 (3876 days ago) @ Ragashingo

[image]

Shoot...

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Wednesday, October 02, 2013, 21:37 (3876 days ago) @ Pyromancy

Don't worry Pyro, some of us got it right away! Lucky coin indeed.

Shoot...

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Wednesday, October 02, 2013, 22:11 (3876 days ago) @ Pyromancy

Is that a real thing? Lucky indeed! I wouldn't think a musket ball holds its shape after impact like that...

Sadly, I'm not all that excited for this one.

by Quirel, Thursday, October 03, 2013, 00:43 (3876 days ago) @ Xenos

After five Halo games and God knows how many other games and movies, it's just hard to get excited for another pump-action shotgun. I'll take a semiauto with a detachable magazine or even a revolver shotgun any day of the week.

And isn't it about time that some madman designed a belt-fed shotgun?

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Thursday, October 03, 2013, 00:49 (3876 days ago) @ Quirel

Such a man exists. He's blue and he's a runner and likely has a beard.

by TTL Demag0gue ⌂ @, Within the shadow of the Traveler, Thursday, October 03, 2013, 05:11 (3875 days ago) @ MrPadraig08

Guns that were used in the last defense of Earth before the Fall?

Which poses some really interesting questions about the manufacturers...

by bluerunner @, Music City, Thursday, October 03, 2013, 06:31 (3875 days ago) @ Grizzlei

Such a man exists. He's blue and he's a runner and likely has a beard.

I'm excited for this if they give us a selection of different loads like Battlefield does. I would love to switch between buckshot, slugs, and crazy space magic powered loads. Hopefully something like Dragons Breath.

And belt fed shotgun...I remember seeing this a few years ago.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iX7vwivR6cE&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DiX7vwivR6cE

The revolver Shotgun is something I've always wanted.

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Thursday, October 03, 2013, 14:03 (3875 days ago) @ Quirel

New Russian Roulette

Spin to Win

5th or 6th shot

the names go on...

I love the notes about customization....

by electricpirate @, Thursday, October 03, 2013, 14:46 (3875 days ago) @ Xenos

The bit about customization points to a system where different weapons have individualized upgrade slots. I like it.

Your wish, ect ect ect.

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Thursday, October 03, 2013, 15:16 (3875 days ago) @ MrPadraig08

[image]

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Thursday, October 03, 2013, 15:23 (3875 days ago) @ electricpirate

The bit about customization points to a system where different weapons have individualized upgrade slots. I like it.

I wonder if the "slots" are part of the upgrade tree (like we saw with Thunderlord), or if they're a separate upgrade system.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Thursday, October 03, 2013, 15:49 (3875 days ago) @ Beorn

Like I said above, hopefully it will be different ammo types. I could also see capacity increases and different optics. I don't know after that. Hopefully something very sci-fi.

by Quirel, Thursday, October 03, 2013, 16:14 (3875 days ago) @ bluerunner

I'm excited for this if they give us a selection of different loads like Battlefield does. I would love to switch between buckshot, slugs, and crazy space magic powered loads. Hopefully something like Dragons Breath.

I'd love me a mini-flamethrower, that's for sure.

And belt fed shotgun...I remember seeing this a few years ago.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iX7vwivR6cE&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DiX7vwivR6cE

Ooh! Thanks!

by Quirel, Thursday, October 03, 2013, 20:27 (3875 days ago) @ bluerunner

Like I said above, hopefully it will be different ammo types. I could also see capacity increases and different optics. I don't know after that. Hopefully something very sci-fi.

Bayonets. And a smart-choke that varies the spread for different ranges...
Darnit. Mass Effect did it first.

by Phoenix_9286 @, Thursday, October 03, 2013, 23:10 (3875 days ago) @ bluerunner

A gun that shoots shells loaded down with magic you say...
[image]

Your wish, ect ect ect.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Friday, October 04, 2013, 05:39 (3874 days ago) @ Chewbaccawakka

The Armsel Striker is a 12 round revolver shotgun.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armsel_Striker

There's also some sporting shotguns that are revolvers.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MTs-255

And then you can go the other way and have a revolver that is also a shotgun.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taurus_Judge

There's also magazine fed semi-automatics and lever action shotguns, and I've got break action and bolt action shotguns as well. I think we've now proved that shotguns exist in pretty much every feeding action out there.

You crazy, crazy Americans...

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, October 04, 2013, 05:58 (3874 days ago) @ bluerunner

- No text -

by bluerunner @, Music City, Friday, October 04, 2013, 07:26 (3874 days ago) @ ZackDark

The three examples I posted are South African, Russian, and Brazilian. ;)

The belt fed shotgun is good ol' Murican ingenuity.

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, October 04, 2013, 17:45 (3874 days ago) @ bluerunner

Say wut?

Brazilians: Not so different?

by Quirel, Friday, October 04, 2013, 18:52 (3874 days ago) @ ZackDark

Say wut?

Taurus International is a Brazilian company. Love their shotguns, and the warranty on their firearms is supposed to be pretty good.

[image]

[image]

[image]

Huh

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, October 04, 2013, 20:10 (3874 days ago) @ Quirel

Odd. I wonder why it's not famous at all here.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread