Anyone know anything about XIM or like products? (Off-Topic)

by cheapLEY @, Saturday, January 19, 2019, 15:27 (1931 days ago)

No, not for what you think--I'm not trying to go dominate some Crucible on Xbox One by using a mouse.

I have a HOTAS flight stick for Xbox One that I bought for Elite Dangerous. I just bought the new Ace Combat game on PS4 due to it's VR support, and I'm looking for a way to use the Xbox flight stick on the PS4. I know Kermit was playing with making his Elite controller work on PS4.

Anyone know anything about this, or if it's possible? I can get the PS4 version of that flight stick for less money than I can buy the newest XIM controller, but I really don't need two of the damn things taking up space (and I wouldn't mind using my spare Xbox One controller with the PS4 if it works well).

This should work.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Saturday, January 19, 2019, 16:42 (1931 days ago) @ cheapLEY

https://www.amazon.com/Gam3Gear-Brook-Converter-Gaming-Adapter-Keychain/dp/B01GDVGQ48?ref_=bl_dp_s_web_5337061011

The only thing I don't like about using it with the Elite is that I have to repair it with the Xbox when I switch back.

Thanks!

by cheapLEY @, Saturday, January 19, 2019, 17:25 (1931 days ago) @ Kermit

I'll look into this.

Anyone know anything about XIM or like products?

by FyreWulff, Sunday, January 20, 2019, 16:03 (1930 days ago) @ cheapLEY

As long as the game is looking for a regular controller, it should work.

If the game is looking for a specific hardware ID, it won't. Like, Rock Band instruments can't be adapted with XIM because Rock Band will just see them as a regular controller and therefore as a vocalist because the XIM presents itself as a standard controller.

I believe most flight sticks represent themselves as a standard controller.

Anyone know anything about XIM or like products?

by metwaf100, Monday, January 21, 2019, 03:19 (1930 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I own a XIM apex, it's amazing i love it.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread