Moon trailer analysis (Fan Creations)

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Monday, October 07, 2013, 07:00 (3856 days ago)

Blackstar and I took a look at the latest Destiny trailer, The Moon, as well as other recent Destiny news: Beta access, podcast renewal, and Joe Staten's departure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0V_oz7U8j80

Awesome, few notes about the trailer...

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Monday, October 07, 2013, 08:53 (3856 days ago) @ narcogen

Enjoyed the analysis! Your analyses are quite informative and usually more entertaining than most, probably because you're one of the few that has two people talk about it.

If you don't mind I'll throw in my thoughts on the trailer here. I've meant to do my own analysis but haven't had the time to do a full one.

The main thing I noticed is that the main rifle you see fired in the trailer by a player appears to be a rapid fire rifle (I think it's currently called an auto rifle), which is one of the 3 types mentioned in the Bungie Podcast.

5 types of Hive seen so far (with my own made up descriptions):
* Melee type (Thrall?)
* Firearm type (fire some kind of purple shot with a bolt)
* Sword type
* Magic type (Queen?)
* Boss type

Last thing isn't really any information just a picture of a rifle you see briefly in the trailer that looks awesome:

[image]

There is a picture of it on Bungie.net as well:

[image]

by Durandal, Tuesday, October 08, 2013, 15:29 (3855 days ago) @ Xenos

The hive definitely have the horror/magic vibe going. I wonder if players will be able to access weapons with exotic ammunition like their spike throwers?

Anyone want to ramp one of the Pikes into the bottomless pit, only to jump off just before you hit bottom and come up shooting?

So far we've seen rifles, shotguns, pistols, rockets and sniper rifles, but Bungie has put flame throwers, beam rifles and weirder stuff in games before. I'm hoping there will be a little more variety to the weaponry.

by marmot 1333 @, Wednesday, October 09, 2013, 08:34 (3854 days ago) @ Durandal

Anyone want to ramp one of the Pikes into the bottomless pit, only to jump off just before you hit bottom and come up shooting?

This sounds awesome :)

You mean like this?

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Wednesday, October 09, 2013, 08:52 (3854 days ago) @ marmot 1333

Yeah, awesome. :)

OH NO A BERSERKER FROM GOW

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, October 07, 2013, 10:11 (3856 days ago) @ narcogen

Does that mean Claude will get stuck and give up?! :-p

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Monday, October 07, 2013, 19:53 (3856 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Does that mean Claude will get stuck and give up?! :-p

Claude got stuck there?

Hmm. I think the one in the first game did cause me trouble for awhile, but after you get the hang of it it's not too bad. A nice break from the way combat works the rest of the time.

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, October 08, 2013, 04:45 (3855 days ago) @ narcogen

Hmm. I think the one in the first game did cause me trouble for awhile, but after you get the hang of it it's not too bad. A nice break from the way combat works the rest of the time.

Yeah. IMO, the first GOW had nice pauses in regular gameplay in very well-timed intervals. The only one I had frustrating trouble with was the light-cannon tank run through Krill territory and only on solo.

Moon trailer analysis

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, October 07, 2013, 22:51 (3855 days ago) @ narcogen

Enjoyed that.

You said that the beta begins in the spring. I like to think that spring refers to the release date.

There is fine print when they flash the Beta logo that says the Beta begins in early 2014. I'm hoping that's before spring. :)

Moon trailer analysis

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Tuesday, October 08, 2013, 06:54 (3855 days ago) @ Kermit

You said that the beta begins in the spring. I like to think that spring refers to the release date.

There is fine print when they flash the Beta logo that says the Beta begins in early 2014. I'm hoping that's before spring. :)

Yes, that would seem to be the case. Destiny is releasing in Spring, Beta is early Winter.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread