New Weekly Update! (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, October 11, 2013, 16:42 (3852 days ago)

...Safe Zone?

by EffortlessFury @, Friday, October 11, 2013, 19:58 (3852 days ago) @ Kermit

...Might it safe to see such a zone this coming early week?...Please? I'll be a good Guardian. ^_^

DANGER ZONE!

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Saturday, October 12, 2013, 11:57 (3851 days ago) @ EffortlessFury

Until then.

New Weekly Update!

by Mattchoo, Saturday, October 12, 2013, 06:34 (3851 days ago) @ Kermit

What do you all think about this:

"Damage feedback was enhanced to make sure you’re never oblivious about a punch to the head."

My worry is getting shot now means our crosshair/reticle jolts and bounces over the screen. I am not a fan of that mechanic. It is heavily used in MW and CoD. Halo doesn't use that mechanic until halo 4 when specifically zoomed/scoped in.

Ease my worries gentlemen! Tell me it will be alright!

New Weekly Update!

by Decom @, Saturday, October 12, 2013, 06:43 (3851 days ago) @ Mattchoo

I could be way off here but I took that mean that, up to this point, in Destiny there was very little or no feedback when you took small amounts of damage. They probably added some indicator(s). For example, rumble feedback or the "shield breaky noise" like Bungie had in Halo.

New Weekly Update!

by Durandal, Saturday, October 12, 2013, 08:01 (3851 days ago) @ Decom

Screen indications of the damage direction and probably increased rumble in the controller are the most likely attributes added.

New Weekly Update!

by RC ⌂, UK, Saturday, October 12, 2013, 08:18 (3851 days ago) @ Kermit

What I couldn't tell him (lest I scoop myself) was that the architects of our next multiplayer arena take their work so seriously that they conclude every week with a battle royale to claim a prize that is far heavier to them than it’s weight in faux gold.

That's a rather roundabout way of saying it's semantic weight is greater than its physical weight.

New Weekly Update!

by Decom @, Saturday, October 12, 2013, 08:28 (3851 days ago) @ RC

That's a rather roundabout way of saying [x]

Ever since Frankie stopped writing the BWUs, they've been full of fluff statements like the one you quoted. I rarely read a BWU without thinking about a quote from Abraham Lincoln:

He can compress the most words into the smallest idea of any man I know.

It seems that people like this style but, personally, I don't care too much for it. To each his own, I suppose.

glad some light was shown on the weekend champion

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Sunday, October 13, 2013, 02:44 (3850 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread