Joint Community Game Night This Thursday! (Recruitment)

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Monday, November 04, 2013, 21:12 (3834 days ago)

We are going to play Community Game Night with Guardians of Destiny/Destiny Radio! Battlefield 3 is the game, 6:30 PT is the time!

Details:
Date: Thursday, November 7, 2013
Time: 6:30 PT/9:30 ET
Game: Battlefield 3

If you haven't played in awhile make sure you update! I am currently planning to rent a server for the day to make sure we have a place to play so should be great!

Same as usual message me or add me as a friend on XBL at XenosKB and let me know here if you plan on coming if you can!

Joint Community Game Night This Thursday!

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Monday, November 04, 2013, 22:09 (3834 days ago) @ Xenos

Sweeeeeet! I cannot wait for this! Prepping the Danger Zone play-list now!

Enemy jets are gonna go down in great balls of fire!

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Tuesday, November 05, 2013, 06:54 (3834 days ago) @ Chewbaccawakka

I wish I had BF3 :(

how much is it? does it have huge installs?

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Tuesday, November 05, 2013, 08:14 (3834 days ago) @ MrPadraig08

I wish I had BF3 :(

how much is it? does it have huge installs?

$20 (or less if you get the pre-owned version) at Gamestop. It is very much worth it. And if you enjoy it enough Chewbacca and I will play with you any other time you want pretty much.
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-battlefield+3,28zu0

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Tuesday, November 05, 2013, 12:56 (3834 days ago) @ Xenos

Hellz yeah we would!

by breitzen @, Kansas, Tuesday, November 05, 2013, 08:18 (3834 days ago) @ MrPadraig08

It's absolutely worth it.
However it does have huge installs. I think I have 20 or 30 GB installed with all the Map packs.

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Tuesday, November 05, 2013, 08:25 (3834 days ago) @ breitzen

That might be a deal-breaker, not sure I can wrestle up 20 gb

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Tuesday, November 05, 2013, 08:32 (3834 days ago) @ MrPadraig08

That might be a deal-breaker, not sure I can wrestle up 20 gb

I don't think there is a required installation though for BF3. There is an optional 1.5 gb install if you want the high res pack, but other than that it runs fine off the disk (I don't have my game installed to the HDD and have never seen any problems).

by bluerunner @, Music City, Tuesday, November 05, 2013, 08:43 (3834 days ago) @ Xenos

There's a few updates that are 1-2gb. I recently cleared them just to see how many I actually needed for it to play. It only needs the latest update (update 6). The other updates contain the map packs but there's no point in having those unless you bought the map packs as far as I can tell.

What map packs are you playing? I've got all but the last one. You might want to see what everybody has or just stick to the default maps.

And I'm always looking for people to play BF with. :)

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Tuesday, November 05, 2013, 08:47 (3834 days ago) @ bluerunner

There's a few updates that are 1-2gb. I recently cleared them just to see how many I actually needed for it to play. It only needs the latest update (update 6). The other updates contain the map packs but there's no point in having those unless you bought the map packs as far as I can tell.

What map packs are you playing? I've got all but the last one. You might want to see what everybody has or just stick to the default maps.

And I'm always looking for people to play BF with. :)

I'm planning on just playing the default since I am positive everyone won't have the map packs. It should be fun! I just hope we get enough people to at least reasonably fill up a server.

by breitzen @, Kansas, Tuesday, November 05, 2013, 08:52 (3834 days ago) @ Xenos

Yeah. Looks like the updates + HD res download should be under 6 GB. and I recommend the HD res pack. I guess I was just a fool and downloaded all the Map packs even though I don't have then all! lol

by bluerunner @, Music City, Tuesday, November 05, 2013, 09:02 (3834 days ago) @ Xenos

Saturday night I was standing on a hill in Armoured Shield watching a group fight over some buildings while another group far away fought over another set of buildings, and watched the helicopters and rockets zoom back and forth over my head while an AC-130 rained down death on another group of guys. I had two thoughts: This is why I love Battlefield, and I hope Destiny can capture this magic in its public spaces.

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Tuesday, November 05, 2013, 13:00 (3834 days ago) @ MrPadraig08

Also, you don't have to have all the map packs! I don't! The default maps are well worthy of the game, and it's easy to find matches that completely forgo the new maps.

by breitzen @, Kansas, Tuesday, November 05, 2013, 08:19 (3834 days ago) @ Xenos

Heck yes. I'll totally be there.

Hey I have that game!

by LostSpartan, Tuesday, November 05, 2013, 11:29 (3834 days ago) @ Xenos

Got the premium edition back in September for about 10 bucks and have been playing it with my cousin off and on. i would love to be apart of this community night my good sir! :D

Hey I have that game!

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Tuesday, November 05, 2013, 11:52 (3834 days ago) @ LostSpartan

Got the premium edition back in September for about 10 bucks and have been playing it with my cousin off and on. i would love to be apart of this community night my good sir! :D

We'll be glad to have you!

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, November 05, 2013, 12:13 (3834 days ago) @ Xenos

I may be able to join since it's early. But fair warning: I suck even more than usual. I've only played BF3 about three times.

I'll be the dead guy hiding in the dumpster.

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Tuesday, November 05, 2013, 13:04 (3834 days ago) @ Kermit

Yessss! We NEED players who are worse than me! You Sir, are MORE than welcome!

:D

by Sven, New York, Tuesday, November 05, 2013, 19:08 (3833 days ago) @ Xenos

Count me in.

Schedule cleared up! I'm in!

by Bones @, The Last City, Earth, Sol System, Thursday, November 07, 2013, 08:40 (3832 days ago) @ Xenos

- No text -

I'm in

by Schooly D, TSD Gaming Condo, TX, Thursday, November 07, 2013, 09:22 (3832 days ago) @ Xenos

- No text -

You and Chewbacca can sing Danger Zone together!

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, November 07, 2013, 09:32 (3832 days ago) @ Schooly D

- No text -

You and Chewbacca can sing Danger Zone together!

by SonofMacPhisto @, Thursday, November 07, 2013, 12:20 (3832 days ago) @ Xenos

Is Schooly actually Sterling Archer?

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, November 07, 2013, 22:05 (3831 days ago) @ Xenos

Thanks for coming guys, I had fun!

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Thursday, November 07, 2013, 22:09 (3831 days ago) @ Xenos

Likewise!

And to everyone who likes to kill-spawn vehicles! I've got a special post-banhammer present for you! :D

[Caution: NSFW]

Love you all! ;)

by bluerunner @, Music City, Friday, November 08, 2013, 10:43 (3831 days ago) @ Chewbaccawakka

Well, the game before we joined Xenos's server we were destroying some randoms and spawn camping them pretty bad. Karma caught up with us.

We definately need a DBO vs the world night on BF3. And I'm sure I can convince Snipe to play again, no matter how much he whines. ;)

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, November 08, 2013, 11:03 (3831 days ago) @ bluerunner

We definately need a DBO vs the world night on BF3. And I'm sure I can convince Snipe to play again, no matter how much he whines. ;)

I absolutely agree, and it will happen. Most likely we'll do some Bungie games for the next week or two though :)

by breitzen @, Kansas, Friday, November 08, 2013, 12:06 (3831 days ago) @ bluerunner

Such a fun time!
That conquest match on Noshahr Canals and the rush match on Seine Crossing at the beginning of the night were fantastic! Most of the games were really close and that makes for some great gut wrenching moments!

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Friday, November 08, 2013, 13:42 (3831 days ago) @ bluerunner

Hey now! Don't look at me, I'm just the Helicopter repair guy! ;}

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread