::Bug:: Craftable. Exotic... Legendaries! (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, September 15, 2023, 13:51 (226 days ago)
edited by INSANEdrive, Friday, September 15, 2023, 14:14

[image]

Here is what it looked like before everything gets shut down. :D

Edit: More Examples.

Bungie Knows.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, September 15, 2023, 15:24 (226 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Bungie Knows.

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Saturday, September 16, 2023, 02:53 (225 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

[image]

Couldn't get this image out of my head with that post title.

LOL. I so very understand. Hail Sithis!

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Saturday, September 16, 2023, 06:03 (225 days ago) @ CyberKN

- No text -

Craftable Exotic Legendaries : Xbox (and thoughts).

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Saturday, September 16, 2023, 06:27 (225 days ago) @ INSANEdrive
edited by INSANEdrive, Saturday, September 16, 2023, 06:30

I've been able to get this bug to happen once on Xbox, a Fusion Rifle with the Osteo Striga perk "Toxic Overload" (the poison explosion), though it doesn't look that way in game. In-Game it looks like "Screaming Swarm" ("fires a stream of sentient projectiles"), which I was hoping would imbue the Fusion Bolts the homing capabilities of the Osteo Striga. Alas.

This bug is probably the closest the community as a whole is to ever experience the unmitigated fun of "tag mods", which was the sort of the thing I was playing with way back in the day (now ;_;) in Halo (HMT, OG's know ;D). What would it be like if Elite Armor had the properties of Hunter Shields? If the Auto Rifle shot Rockets? If all the surfaces in the game had the "slickness" of Ice you'd come across on Sidewinder or Assault on the Control Room?

Stupid Fun. Hijinks.

...anyway, look at me, old man yammering about the good 'ol days, here's the Xbox Trick. The catch is you need a 2nd Account On the Xbox to make it work. I've been trying to pull it off with guest accounts, but, eh... not getting it thus far if possible.

Craftable Exotic Legendaries! Update: They have a fix.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Saturday, September 16, 2023, 13:20 (225 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

In Full:

UPDATE: We're working on two fixes for this issue. There are no plans for a rollback.

For the first fix, deploying within the next 24 hours, we’re building a server-side update that will disable all crafted weapons from being equipped. Players will still be able to craft weapons during this time.

The second fix we’re building, which we hope to release soon after the first, will allow crafted weapons to be re-equipped but the outlier crafted weapons with “illegal” components will be reset to a default state.

Also... since I see that the the link I made in the original post has been deleted by reddit moderators (wait, reddit still has moderators? /s), here are some more examples, as gathered by Datto.

It's over, but...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, September 18, 2023, 00:07 (223 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

That was legitimately one of the most fun weekends I've had in Destiny in a long time.
From Mic-less LFG GMs, to Master Raiding VoG challenges without the risk of folks getting mad at weak links, it was pure fun (I even tolerated a run of Shattered Throne!).

It's crazy to see that Destiny can still be a very fun game if you aren't having to tolerate all the godawful investment systems and unfun challenge settings and boring/limited required builds. Bungie could learn from a certain other developer about taking the right lessons from bugs and community enjoyment of the game, and let their intentions get out of the way of letting the game just be fun from time to time.

When the game is free to be fun, it's a blast!

It's gonna suck going back to normal, but boy what a weekend.

Seeing people all gather to celebrate shenanigans is such a member berry thing, so seeing it again was a treat.

The best part may be the elitists decrying people being able to accomplish goals that were basically impossible for them. Remember when playing games was done for fun?

And while I don't condone cheesy builds in PvP, I couldn't resist running a couple of matches in Trials to see what happens when the game is an absolute CoD-style "shoot first" mess. Answer? It makes me crave Momentum Trials so bad...

Anyway, great times were had by all. I hope everyone got the Adept Loot and Triumphs that eluded them for so long!

It's over, but...

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, September 18, 2023, 07:40 (223 days ago) @ Korny

Should we be impressed the game would actually fire all those weapons, and not just crash immediately? Is this good bad coding?

It's crazy to see that Destiny can still be a very fun game if you aren't having to tolerate all the godawful investment systems and unfun challenge settings and boring/limited required builds.

[image]

It's over, but...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, September 18, 2023, 14:59 (223 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Should we be impressed the game would actually fire all those weapons, and not just crash immediately? Is this good bad coding?

Considering that the game can easily handle 12 people in activities meant for 1-3, I think it’s more than capable of handling well beyond Bungie’s myopic ambitions/care.

Here’s hoping Destiny 3 goes full current-gen, but I have my doubts.

It's over, but...

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, September 18, 2023, 18:35 (222 days ago) @ Korny

Here’s hoping Destiny 3 goes full current-gen, but I have my doubts.

Having a D3stiny at all might be doubtful.

It's over, but...

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Monday, September 18, 2023, 19:37 (222 days ago) @ Korny

They’ve already said that there’s not going to be a Destiny 3; way back in 2021/22. They’re focusing on Marathon now—hell, there might not be a Destiny TWO soon. XD

It's over, but...

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, September 19, 2023, 09:42 (222 days ago) @ Morpheus

We’re just going to pretend the things Bungie says they are or aren’t doing have any actual merit, then?

At This Point, Who Knows?

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Tuesday, September 19, 2023, 12:15 (222 days ago) @ cheapLEY

The Eververse whales are certainly keeping the train going, complaints or no....maybe if demand is high enough, they'll decide to go with it after all.

At This Point, Who Knows?

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, September 19, 2023, 13:55 (222 days ago) @ Morpheus

I’m genuinely curious what happens to Destiny after the Final Shape. There’s a certain argument for momentum. There’s no World of Warcraft 2, so why can’t Destiny 2 go twenty years without a real sequel?

I’m just not sure what Bungie says to us about the future of Destiny has any actual bearing on what’s actual going to happen (or even what their plans really are).

IMO, really good coding

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, September 21, 2023, 15:07 (220 days ago) @ Cody Miller

But maybe some bad constraints, considering how easy it was to break them lol

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread