[Userstyle] DBO Forum Compacted

by thebruce ⌂, Ontario, Canada, Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 07:43 (4055 days ago)

As Arithmomaniac did, I've set up a user stylesheet on userstyles.org with the customizations I made to the forum, initially for my own use. So you can use it as well, if you wish :) I didn't really want to change the feel of the site, that's Wu's baby; just a little bit of personal usability preference ;)
The thumbnail below shows all the adjustments.

DBO Forum Compacted
[image]

You can use it with Stylish, or you can grab the CSS and apply it with whatever tool you may use to adjust display. If you make any improvements, please share! :)

Thanks!

by Claude Errera @, Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 09:53 (4055 days ago) @ thebruce

Hopefully Levi will add this to his sticky post. Nice work!

Done!

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 10:28 (4055 days ago) @ Claude Errera

- No text -

Nice. Using this!

by HawaiianPig, Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 11:39 (4055 days ago) @ thebruce

- No text -

Nice. Using this!

by HawaiianPig, Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 11:58 (4055 days ago) @ HawaiianPig

I added a few lines to make it look extra-retro.

[image]

ul.thread { background: #e0e0e0; }
#content ul { border-top: 1px solid #AAA; }
#content ul.reply { border-top: none; }
#content li { border-top: 1px solid #EEE; }

This will tide me over until I'm ready for some change :)

Nice. Using this!

by thebruce ⌂, Ontario, Canada, Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 06:53 (4054 days ago) @ HawaiianPig

I added a few lines to make it look extra-retro.

[image]

ul.thread { background: #e0e0e0; }
#content ul { border-top: 1px solid #AAA; }
#content ul.reply { border-top: none; }
#content li { border-top: 1px solid #EEE; }

This will tide me over until I'm ready for some change :)

Nice! How does the current thread highlight look though? The bg color for that is EEE, and might clash with the darker thread background now

Thanks!

by Arithmomaniac ⌂ @, Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 12:37 (4055 days ago) @ thebruce

I'll have to steal/borrow some little stuff (and invite you to do the same). Also, you've just helped me to decide how far I should go in the retro look - since you've got the modern look covered, I can go close to all out. ;-)

Though I have to admit, I'm too selfish and vein to not miss a bit being the only game in town. But I'll take this as a teachable moment. And to paraphrase the Talmud, "the jealousy of stylists increases usability". :-)

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread