Which version to get

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 14:17 (4055 days ago)

This is easy. Buy it on PS3. PSN is free. Save yourself 60 bucks a year.

Which version to get

by Phoenix_9286 @, Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 14:25 (4055 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Or I could play it on the system I already have, with the service I've already purchased, where all my friends and contacts are.

Seems like a pretty easy solution to me too.

Which version to get

by Claude Errera @, Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 07:28 (4055 days ago) @ Phoenix_9286

Or I could play it on the system I already have, with the service I've already purchased, where all my friends and contacts are.

rofl - are you saying Cody's unequivocal statement might be less than absolutely true?

Which version to get

by Mr Daax ⌂ @, aka: SSG Daax, Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 12:56 (4054 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Haha, something comes to mind about a nail and hitting its head with extreme accuracy

Which version to get

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 20:54 (4054 days ago) @ Claude Errera

rofl - are you saying Cody's unequivocal statement might be less than absolutely true?

You're right and I can admit when I am wrong.

The only choice is Playstation FOUR. I stand corrected.

Which version to get

by Rerdnermers, Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 15:01 (4055 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Phantasy Star Universe and Final Fantasy XI could be played online with silver accounts. Both of those are subscription based games, so it's not exactly comparable, but the rule can be broken.

Which version to get

by biggy ⌂ @, Tinseltown, Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 17:12 (4055 days ago) @ Rerdnermers

Destiny doesn't require a subscription so you won't be able to bypass the Gold subscription.

I'll go where my freinds are, which happens to be Xbox at the moment.

Which version to get

by Atsumi ⌂, Jefferson City, MO, Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 15:37 (4055 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I'll stick to my Xbox (but knowing me I'll buy it on more than one platform) because that's where my friends are.

Which version to get

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 15:45 (4055 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Free? I gladly pay for an Xbox LIVE subscription every year to avoid ridiculously long firmware and title updates. That's freedom, baby!

Which version to get

by Zeouterlimits, Ireland, Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 16:03 (4055 days ago) @ Cody Miller

People will generally go where their friends are. Most of mine have a 360, so that's where I'll likely get it.

Even then, it's a silly judgement to make right now, what if there are technical differences?

Which version to get

by BOLL ⌂ @, Sweden, Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 16:22 (4055 days ago) @ Zeouterlimits

People will generally go where their friends are. Most of mine have a 360, so that's where I'll likely get it.

Hoho. That's what I have done, most of my (awake at the same time) friends are on PC. Uhm... well, lets see what Bungie announces later.

I'm waiting for next-gen.

by ShadowOfTheVoid ⌂, South Carolina, Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 16:20 (4055 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I don't know what I'll be doing for next-gen yet (well, I do hope to get a Wii U sometime this year). Halo 4 didn't really give me enough faith in 343I as a developer, and unless Halo 5 really impresses I may just stop dealing with XBL altogether. I guess it will all come down to whether the "720" or PS4 have a better selection of launch window titles as to which system I get Destiny for (though assuming the 720's controller is like the 360's, I could get it for the 720 since I like Xbox's controllers more for playing FPSs). Tough call at this point, though I'm sure I will be getting Destiny for a next-gen system.

Controllers matter to me the most honestly

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 17:27 (4055 days ago) @ ShadowOfTheVoid

(though assuming the 720's controller is like the 360's, I could get it for the 720 since I like Xbox's controllers more for playing FPSs). Tough call at this point, though I'm sure I will be getting Destiny for a next-gen system.

Honestly if the playstation had first party controllers like the Xbox's I'd buy it. PS3 controller drives me crazy.

centerthumbs.isnotcanon.net *NM*

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 19:19 (4055 days ago) @ Xenos

Apparently, "centralthumbsticks.isnotcanon.net" is too large a title for a post...

I'm waiting for next-gen.

by kapowaz, Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 04:58 (4055 days ago) @ ShadowOfTheVoid

Tough call at this point, though I'm sure I will be getting Destiny for a next-gen system.

It's made especially tough by the fact Bungie have only announced Destiny for current-generation systems.

Which version to get

by Jak Redlevske, South of I-10, Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 17:28 (4055 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I'd have to buy a PS3, first. It'd take me more than 3 years to save any money.

Which version to get

by FyreWulff, Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 18:31 (4055 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Wii U.

Which version to get

by PsychoRaven, Oklahoma, Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 19:19 (4055 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I say go with whatever floats your boat. I myself went PS3 but if someone wants to go with the 360 then I say do it and enjoy.

Which version to get

by Anton P. Nym (aka Steve) ⌂ @, London, Ontario, Canada, Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 19:55 (4055 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Windows Phone 8, after I save up some cash and get a Nokia 920.

(kidding)

-- Steve's not certain if he'll have the "next-gen" Xbox by then or will still be using the 360, but his Destiny lies on one of those two.

PS: I fried my 360's power supply on the weekend. The xbox.com repair site confused the heck out of me, but the support guys on Twitter were very helpful finding the right form to fill; looks like I'll be able to get a replacement (out of warranty!) for the cost of the postage.

I'll have to remember to talk to you if mine ever dies :)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 20:03 (4055 days ago) @ Anton P. Nym (aka Steve)

- No text -

Which version to get

by kapowaz, Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 01:16 (4055 days ago) @ Cody Miller

None of my friends own PS3s. It's only this simple if you intend to play it by yourself or with strangers / new friends.

Which version to get

by electricpirate @, Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 06:37 (4055 days ago) @ kapowaz

Eventual PC version.

Also; PSN is free… for now

by kapowaz, Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 04:57 (4055 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Eurogamer reports on apparent changes to the PlayStation online offering for the PS4. Might be that by the time Destiny is out, online play isn't free on the PS3 either…

XBox, better service for now

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 10:06 (4055 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread