Bungie Teaming with Faceware for Destiny (Destiny)

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, March 20, 2014, 11:09 (3697 days ago)

Looks like Bungie is teaming with a third party company known as Faceware Technologies to help them create "next-gen" faces for Destiny. Here is the blurb released so far. I assume we'll hear about this more in the future as Bungie talks more about the discussions at GDC.

Bungie Teaming with Faceware for Destiny

by breitzen @, Kansas, Thursday, March 20, 2014, 15:39 (3697 days ago) @ Xenos

So theoretically, this tech be used with Kinect/Sony Camera to scan in a face; then it uses that data to create an in-engine mesh that's even more editable?

All in all, very excited to see how they're using the tech.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, March 20, 2014, 17:23 (3697 days ago) @ breitzen

So theoretically, this tech be used with Kinect/Sony Camera to scan in a face; then it uses that data to create an in-engine mesh that's even more editable?

Doubt it. Otherwise there'd be tons of guardians with dicks for faces running around.

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Thursday, March 20, 2014, 17:33 (3697 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Doubt it. Otherwise there'd be tons of guardians with dicks for faces running around.

How do you know this isn't the future of humankind?

by Phoenix_9286 @, Thursday, March 20, 2014, 19:51 (3697 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I fail to see how this is problematic. I'll always know which people are dicks.

*rimshot*

ROFL

by ridum, Thursday, March 20, 2014, 19:59 (3697 days ago) @ Cody Miller

dam you got me, LOL

Same tech in Reach

by electricpirate @, Saturday, March 22, 2014, 21:00 (3695 days ago) @ Xenos

Looks like Bungie is teaming with a third party company known as Faceware Technologies to help them create "next-gen" faces for Destiny. Here is the blurb released so far. I assume we'll hear about this more in the future as Bungie talks more about the discussions at GDC.

They used the same Tech in Reach, http://mp1st.com/2014/03/20/destiny-use-faceware-tech-increased-character-detail/#.Uy5cTvldWSo

Honestly, the faces were pretty impressive in Reach.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread