Bungie Talks About Character Customization (Destiny)

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, March 21, 2014, 16:06 (3690 days ago)

Polygon has an article detailing what Scott Shepherd from Bungie talked about at GDC. Looks like it was about character customization.

My favorite quote: "Shepherd said Destiny is a franchise Bungie wants to grow over the next decade, so the desire for longevity meant the customization system needed to be tailored to remain accessible for years. As players pick up gear, they need to be able to keep and use that gear as the game grows in the coming years."

Sounds like confirmation we'll be able to keep our characters and at least some of their progression throughout the Destiny franchise.

I'm ruined with this name.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, March 21, 2014, 21:02 (3689 days ago) @ Xenos

...Shepherd detailed the basic design aesthetics Bungie is using for Destiny's three classes, the Hunter, Warlock and Titan...

Bungie Talks About Character Customization

by Fuertisimo, Saturday, March 22, 2014, 00:36 (3689 days ago) @ Xenos

It's interesting they talk about building multiple pieces of gear using the same bits. It seems like everything with their toolsets, like Grognok, are designed to let the artists/designers build things very quickly. Hopefully this means tons and tons of content, since they seem to be streamlining the production process as much as possible.

Bungie Talks About Character Customization

by Spawn ⌂, Saturday, March 22, 2014, 05:56 (3689 days ago) @ Xenos

I really hope cross platform profile transfers becoming a thing. Being on the transition for consoles it would be beneficial to those that are sticking on PS3/360 for the first Destiny and plan on switching afterwords. There is a good chance "Destiny 2" won't be on those two platforms, strictly being on the newest consoles.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread