Community Game Night: April 3rd, 2014 (Recruitment)

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Tuesday, April 01, 2014, 11:53 (3697 days ago)

Alright everybody, time to play some Halo. This week let's play some Halo 4. If we get enough people I hope to play some of the maps and modes we played for the March Madness Tournament, otherwise we'll jump in Matchmaking.

Details:
Game: Halo 4
Date: Thursday, April 3rd, 2014
Time: 9:30 EDT/6:30 PDT

If we're not already friends send me a message or add me: XenosKB.

See you then!

Community Game Night: April 3rd, 2014

by RaichuKFM @, Northeastern Ohio, Tuesday, April 01, 2014, 14:21 (3697 days ago) @ Xenos

I've never done one of these but I wonder what they're like, so count me in. My gamertag is the same as my username here, and I'll shoot you a friend request in a bit.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Tuesday, April 01, 2014, 22:33 (3697 days ago) @ RaichuKFM

I've never done one of these but I wonder what they're like, so count me in. My gamertag is the same as my username here, and I'll shoot you a friend request in a bit.

Look forward to having you!

by RaichuKFM @, Northeastern Ohio, Thursday, April 03, 2014, 20:49 (3695 days ago) @ Xenos

That was fun, I'm glad I joined in.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, April 03, 2014, 21:06 (3695 days ago) @ RaichuKFM

Thanks for coming! Hopefully next week won't be so lagtastic.

What lag? *Vid*

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Friday, April 04, 2014, 01:09 (3695 days ago) @ Xenos

Thanks for coming! Hopefully next week won't be so lagtastic.

Lagtastic? I have no idea what you're talking about…

What lag? *Vid*

by RaichuKFM @, Northeastern Ohio, Friday, April 04, 2014, 18:46 (3694 days ago) @ Beorn

I started playing Grifball on Halo 4, and it lagged so badly that I showstopped myself with a Gravity Hammer. I got the medal and everything.

lolwut

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, April 04, 2014, 22:47 (3694 days ago) @ RaichuKFM

- No text -

Here's wut:

by RaichuKFM @, Northeastern Ohio, Friday, April 04, 2014, 22:51 (3694 days ago) @ ZackDark

It went like so:

A guy runs past me, and while he does so I hit the ground with a Gravity Hammer. He gets behind me and starts an Assassination, and halfway through the animation it registers that I had hit him and he dies. I then got a Showstopper award.

I should've saved the clip but I'm not used to being able to do that, having only recently gotten a 360 with a Hard Drive. I haven't really done anything with the File Share.

Here's wut:

by uberfoop @, Seattle-ish, Friday, April 04, 2014, 23:46 (3694 days ago) @ RaichuKFM

I remember one extremely laggy game of Reach where I punched a mongoose before hopping in. The host evidently switched the order of those two events, because I wound up hitting myself.

I'm in

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Tuesday, April 01, 2014, 19:42 (3697 days ago) @ Xenos

- No text -

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Wednesday, April 02, 2014, 07:14 (3696 days ago) @ Xenos

I'll probably be around. If you see me online shoot me an invite.

I can take a break from Stick of Truth.

PSA: System Update

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Thursday, April 03, 2014, 10:25 (3695 days ago) @ Xenos

I haven't started my 360 in a few days and there was a system update waiting for me. Might be good for folks to hop on a little early and get that patch taken care of before Game Night begins! :)

Twitch Stream

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Thursday, April 03, 2014, 18:11 (3695 days ago) @ Xenos

For those who want to watch, I'll be livestreaming my helmet cam tonight: twitch.tv/TheBeorn

I'm curious to know how the streaming quality holds up for the night…

Twitch Stream

by marmot 1333 @, Thursday, April 03, 2014, 18:54 (3695 days ago) @ Beorn

The quality was quite good. I saw you guys win that game 1000 to 990, good job :)

A Clip *Vid*

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Friday, April 04, 2014, 01:13 (3695 days ago) @ marmot 1333

Speaking of that first match, I was feeling pretty good about this laser shot (for about 10 seconds).

Twitch Stream

by RaichuKFM @, Northeastern Ohio, Thursday, April 03, 2014, 21:17 (3695 days ago) @ Beorn

I'm unfamiliar with Twitch, was that recorded in any way or can one only see it live? Just curious.

Twitch Stream

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Friday, April 04, 2014, 00:46 (3695 days ago) @ RaichuKFM

I'm unfamiliar with Twitch, was that recorded in any way or can one only see it live? Just curious.

I'm fairly new to Twitch as well, I've only streamed some Titanfall from my XONE before this. I believe there's a way to have Twitch record a stream for later viewing, but I'm not sure how that works. I did record a local copy, though, just in case anything crazy happened. :)

Twitch Stream

by marmot 1333 @, Friday, April 04, 2014, 09:05 (3694 days ago) @ Beorn

So, there are two things you can do.

1) You can select a portion (or entirety) of a clip for a "highlight" and Twitch will save it on your channel.

2) You can export clips to YouTube straight from Twitch.

If you don't do either of those, I think the clips stay around ~ 2 weeks before Twitch clears them out.

Twitch Stream

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, April 04, 2014, 09:20 (3694 days ago) @ marmot 1333

Do you have to actively mark them as highlights?

Twitch Stream

by marmot 1333 @, Friday, April 04, 2014, 09:28 (3694 days ago) @ ZackDark

Do you have to actively mark them as highlights?

Yeah, after the stream is done, you go to the clip while logged in, and hit the 'options' (*) button next to share and from there you have the option to choose Upload or Highlight.

I have my youtube gaming channel linked.

If you want to make a highlight, it takes you to another screen where you have in/out sliders so you can choose the region you want.

Hope it helps! Hope to see a bunch of Destiny highlights in the next few months. :)

I don't have a capture card so I only stream Skyrim and Mass Effect 3 when I play on PC.

Twitch Stream

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Friday, April 04, 2014, 11:01 (3694 days ago) @ marmot 1333

So, there are two things you can do.
1) You can select a portion (or entirety) of a clip for a "highlight" and Twitch will save it on your channel.
2) You can export clips to YouTube straight from Twitch.
If you don't do either of those, I think the clips stay around ~ 2 weeks before Twitch clears them out.

Ah, looks like Twitch no longer automatically archives broadcasts, so I had to enable that feature in my Settings. I'll play around with it and see how it works. I think the ideal use case is to let the XONE/PS4 stream to Twitch while I record high-quality 1080p local capture for later editing on the Game Capture HD. The only tradeoff there is that the Twitch stream quality isn't nearly as good as what I generated for Halo 4 last night. :-\

Twitch Stream

by marmot 1333 @, Friday, April 04, 2014, 15:45 (3694 days ago) @ Beorn

I read somewhere that PS4 doesn't allow you to archive streams. Not sure how that works of if it changed; it might be the same through the XOne.

Which is actually better for us humble mortals

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, April 04, 2014, 18:24 (3694 days ago) @ Beorn

My connection was taking quite a beat from your stream that night.

Twitch Stream

by Spawn ⌂, Friday, April 04, 2014, 07:32 (3694 days ago) @ Beorn

Good to know for the next time :-)

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread