What are you playing/watching until Destiny is released?

by Mr Daax ⌂ @, aka: SSG Daax, Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 20:06 (4055 days ago)

I know there was a thread about what music people were listening to in anticipation of Destiny and it's reveal. I'm curious what everyone around here will be playing or watching until Destiny arrives. Are there any other games you are anticipating, or movies you are excited to see?

Me, I'm looking forward to Bioshock: Infinite, and I might check out Injustice: Gods Among Us when it comes out. But other than that, I honestly don't really play very many video games. These past few years, I've pretty much played only Halo. I've checked out other games, but I rarely stick with them like I did with Halo. Some Xbox Arcade titles have been really awesome; FEZ pretty much blew my mind, and I would highly recommend it for anyone who hasn't yet checked it out. As for movies, I'm super excited for the next wave of Marvel movies, Wolverine, Man of Steel, Star Trek Into Darkness, Monsters University, Riddick, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2, ENDER'S GAME!!!, The Hobbit pt 2...I think that covers most of it :)

Bioshock Infinite

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 20:13 (4055 days ago) @ Mr Daax
edited by Xenos, Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 20:48

Very excited for Bioshock Infinite. Been waiting for that game for at least a year. Oh yeah, and almost forgot, going to give SimCity a try.

Oooh, forgot that one!

by Lurono @, Oklahoma, USA, Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 20:28 (4055 days ago) @ Xenos

I am cautiously optimistic for Infinite. What they've shown looks great and it seems like they're telling a story with the same vibes as Bioshock, but the delays and lack of really solid gameplay footage have me a bit worried.

by Lurono @, Oklahoma, USA, Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 20:26 (4055 days ago) @ Mr Daax

I assume I'll be playing a wide variety of games (I always do), at the moment I'm working on...

• Skyrim
  • Halo 4 (MP, mostly)
  • League of Legends
  • Portal 2 (slowly finishing first play through)
  • Lego Star Wars
  • Mass Effect (working on FemShep game on ME2 and DLC for my other two Shepards on ME3)
  • Pathfinder (a pen and paper RPG using modified D&D 3.5 rules; my friends and I have been meeting for about 6-7 hours every Sunday for the last 2-3 months)
  • I own, but need to start: Mirror's Edge, The Witcher, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Civilization V, Alan Wake, and Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

As far as watching:

• Breaking Bad (halfway through season 3)
  • Battlestar Galactica (rewatching)
  • Arrested Development (when the new season starts)
  • It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia (into season 4)
  • Star Trek: Into Darkness
  • Mad Men (haven't started yet, but can't wait)
  • I also occasionally rewatch random episodes from Firefly, Dollhouse, Arrested Development, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Star Trek TOS and TNG, among numerous others

/Whew, I guess I say busier than I feel!

Dayummm

by Mr Daax ⌂ @, aka: SSG Daax, Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 20:36 (4055 days ago) @ Lurono

I would go crazy if I owned that many games that I had yet to play. I gotta do one at a time, otherwise I feel I'm in a tug-o-war match, and I'm the thing being tugged. Same thing with books. Then when I finish a game, I trade it in and move on to my next game. The only games I own are the Halo series.

I'm also working through the Metroid Prime Trilogy, but it's been a few months since I played it last. Also an awesome series. That, almost like Halo, was one of the series that I played when I was younger and really loved it. I found the Trilogy for cheap at Gamestop, and I bought a used Wii just to play it. Maybe I should get back to playing it. I have a whole year to fill :)

Dayummm

by Lurono @, Oklahoma, USA, Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 20:52 (4055 days ago) @ Mr Daax

I would go crazy if I owned that many games that I had yet to play. I gotta do one at a time, otherwise I feel I'm in a tug-o-war match, and I'm the thing being tugged. Same thing with books. Then when I finish a game, I trade it in and move on to my next game. The only games I own are the Halo series.

Haha, I do much of my gaming on PC nowadays. That mass of games is pretty much from Steam sales and gifts from friends who also have Steam (and it's only about 1/3 of what I own). At the rate I'm working through them, I'm dreading next year.

I also tend to not sell or trade my XBOX games. I've been hit with fleeting bouts of nostalgia often enough that it's worth keeping them around. That, and I've got enough friends that borrow games from me when they can't afford them. It works out.

And don't get me started on books =P

I'm also working through the Metroid Prime Trilogy, but it's been a few months since I played it last. Also an awesome series. That, almost like Halo, was one of the series that I played when I was younger and really loved it. I found the Trilogy for cheap at Gamestop, and I bought a used Wii just to play it. Maybe I should get back to playing it. I have a whole year to fill :)

I have VERY mixed feelings about the Metroid Prime Trilogy. I loved, loved, loved Metroid Prime. Prime 2 was a disappointment. The amount of backtracking I did in the first couple hours made me put it down and walk away (I may give it another shot if I have the time, I have enough respect for the franchise and that was a long time ago). I started Prime 3 years ago, but then this little game called Halo 3 came out and I got distracted =P I definitely need to go back and play that one, I quite enjoyed the time I played it!

by Anton P. Nym (aka Steve) ⌂ @, London, Ontario, Canada, Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 20:41 (4055 days ago) @ Lurono

I'm pulling a bit into my shell on games for a bit; my game library's gotten nigh-overwhelming and it's time to concentrate on the titles I already have for a bit. (Plus there's not a lot coming out soon that draws me in; that may change, of course.)

I just picked up Blood Bowl: Chaos Edition on Steam as I haven't played the AstroGranite version in a zillion years, and the board game had an excellent campaign system so I'm thinking the video version should be at least as good. (With less bookkeeping, too.)

On a related note, Space Marine is good for a short spell of blood-and-guts action. It's a great 3PS/brawler if you don't try to finish the game in one sitting. (If you do, it gets a bit repetitive.)

XCOM: Enemy Unknown rocks; the amazing single-player mode will keep me occupied for quite a while, even if the multiplayer's a bit underwhelming. I also have its progenitor to go back to.

Halo 4: Spartan Ops; alas my 360's power supply fried before I could play through any of the Episode 9 missions, so I'll have Ep. 9 & 10 to do. Still haven't played any of the War Games yet; haven't decided whether I will or not.

Civilization V is still a highly-contagious carrier for "onemoreturnitis".

-- Steve'll break off there, save to say that Netflix also kills a lot of excuses for being bored.

by Lurono @, Oklahoma, USA, Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 21:01 (4055 days ago) @ Anton P. Nym (aka Steve)

XCOM: Enemy Unknown rocks; the amazing single-player mode will keep me occupied for quite a while, even if the multiplayer's a bit underwhelming. I also have its progenitor to go back to.

I hadn't heard about any of the other games you mentioned (I would say I'd check em out, but you read the list of what I'm already facing!), but I've heard that XCOM: Enemy Unknown is great. I'll try to keep an eye out for Steam sales, though I've been failing quite spectacularly at that lately!

Halo 4: Spartan Ops; alas my 360's power supply fried before I could play through any of the Episode 9 missions, so I'll have Ep. 9 & 10 to do. Still haven't played any of the War Games yet; haven't decided whether I will or not.

Haven't played any of the second part of season 1, myself. There was enough of a break that I find it hard to jump back in, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. That's how I play most games (hence my huge to-do list). I'll get the urge to pick something up, I'll play it until I'm satisfied, and then I move on. Games are one of my main forms of entertainment and the second I'm no longer entertained or I'm forced to take a break or something better comes along, I move on and come back when I need to scratch that itch =)

Civilization V is still a highly-contagious carrier for "onemoreturnitis".

Civ V is easily one of my most looked forward to games I listed, but I avoid it for this reason!

by Anton P. Nym (aka Steve) ⌂ @, London, Ontario, Canada, Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 06:07 (4055 days ago) @ Lurono

"Blood Bowl"'s high-concept: orks-and-elves fantasy world invents a version of the NFL. Hijinks ensue. (Used to play it a lot around Super Bowl time.)

-- Steve likes it for the concept, but also for the remarkable rules design.

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 21:40 (4055 days ago) @ Anton P. Nym (aka Steve)

I'm am absolutely loving XCOM. I never got a chance to play the original way back when, but I grabbed a copy of Enemy Unknown as soon as I was able and I haven't put it down yet.

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 20:53 (4055 days ago) @ Lurono

This looks a lot like my "Yet to finish" list.

I'm glad I have some time before newness comes out.

by Lurono @, Oklahoma, USA, Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 21:04 (4055 days ago) @ MrPadraig08

Same. I was honestly relieved to hear that Destiny probably won't be this year. It gives me time to get all of this other stuff out of my system. Destiny sounds about like the type of game I've been wanting, and Bungie is a studio I'm willing to put effort into clearing my calendar for, so to speak.

I can say that-

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 21:39 (4055 days ago) @ Lurono

Mirrors Edge is a very fun game to play but sadly has little in the way of plot.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution was a blast that I thoroughly enjoyed sneaking my way through, been meaning to replay it for some time now.

Portal 2 was absolutely excellent and deserves much love and attention. Easily one of my top 3 games of 2011 and definitely the cleverest.

I loved Alan Wake and have been meaning to play through it again to find all the hidden stuff.

Witcher 2. Boobies.

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 20:31 (4055 days ago) @ Mr Daax

I should probably start playing Op. Flashpoint: Dragon Rising, since I won it last year and Borderlands 2 still haven't increased level cap...

Anyone recommends it?

As far as watching goes, up to (and including) the 7th season of How I Met Your Mother (from scratch) and Star Trek Into Darkness (silver-screen and then several times on Blu-Ray)

by Lawnmower172, Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 21:55 (4055 days ago) @ Mr Daax

Halo sphere.

Dammit, Claude, you were right. It is addictive :)

by bryan newman @, Kentucky, Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 23:10 (4055 days ago) @ Lawnmower172

Portal 2?

Destiny is a 2014 release...so lots in the meantime.

by bryan newman @, Kentucky, Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 21:58 (4055 days ago) @ Mr Daax

Tomb Raider, Gears of War Judgement, God of War Ascension, Bioshock Infinite, The Last of Us, Splinter Cell Blacklist etc

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 22:04 (4055 days ago) @ Mr Daax

OMFG I had not heard there was a new Riddick movie in the works. That just shot to the top of my "anticipating" list.

I just started Digimon Master Online. Haha!

by Atsumi ⌂, Jefferson City, MO, Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 22:09 (4055 days ago) @ Mr Daax

- No text -

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 22:15 (4055 days ago) @ Mr Daax

Play

Brood War
Muchi Muchi Pork
Akai Katana Shin
Deathsmiles II
A New Beginning - Final Cut
Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Deponia / Chaos on Deponia
Metal Slug 2, X
J.U.L.I.A.
Anarchy Reigns

Watch

Girls
Real Time
Star Trek Voyager
Battlestar Galactica (at Battlestar fridays!)

Looking forward to playing:

Moebius
Broken Sword: The Serpent’s Curse

Looking forward to watching:

Breaking Bad Season 5 1/2
Game of Thrones Season 3
Dexter Season 8

by mikefishr, Bloomington, IN, Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 23:19 (4055 days ago) @ Mr Daax

Halo 4, Minecraft, Dota 2, Natural Selection 2, Limit Theory (when it's released).

I would like to see some movies in a theater, but also want to keep my 2+ year-long streak of not going to a movie theater going.

I have all the time in the world...

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 23:24 (4055 days ago) @ Mr Daax
edited by Grizzlei, Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 00:08

TV: The West Wing, House of Cards, Sword Art Online, Girls und Panzer, Upotte!!, Star Trek: The Original Series, The Walking Dead, Top Gear, Inside Combat Rescue, The Americans, Supernatural, Archer, Parks and Recreation, Community, King 2 Hearts, Hawaii Five-0, Girls, and Game of Thrones.

Films: Lost in Translation, The Parent Trap, Skyfall, Argo, Paranormal Activity 4, Perks of Being a Wallflower, The Way, Anna Karenina, The Bourne Legacy, Wreck-It Ralph, and Zero Dark Thirty.

Games: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch, Assassin's Creed III, Ghost Recon: Future Soldier, Okami Zekkeiban, ICO, Shadow of the Colossus, and Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F

Hmm, maybe I should take up jogging or studying as a more frequented hobby. Just a thought...

Wreck it Ralph!

by Mr Daax ⌂ @, aka: SSG Daax, Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 07:31 (4055 days ago) @ Grizzlei

I'm a sucker for animated films that have a good story, are well written, and don't cater to seven year olds. Pixar films, Kung Fu Panda, Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs, and How to Train Your Dragon are some of my favorite movies. Some 21 year old I am!

Just off the top of my head

by Pfhrogblast, Finland, Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 01:35 (4055 days ago) @ Mr Daax

I can't even remember all of them...

In the middle of:
-The Cave
-Hitman: Absolution
-Borderlands 2
-Mass Effect 2
-Arx Fatalis
-Skyrim
-System Shock 2
-Deus Ex
-Dead Space 2
-and the rest of my Steam library...

Want to replay:
-MGS 2
-MGS 3
-BioShock

Upcoming:
-Metal Gear Rising
-The Last of Us
-BioShock Infinite
-MGS: Ground Zeroes/Phantom Pain

I have a problem.

by Flynn J Taggart, Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 01:58 (4055 days ago) @ Mr Daax

• Finishing up getting A+ ratings on all the levels in in Hotline Miami.
  • Slowly working my way through a 100% playthrough of Super Meat Boy (still a lot of fun though).
  • Similarly slowly working my way through Legend of Grimrock (also pretty fun).
  • Very slowly going through Mark of the Ninja (overrated but still okay).
  • Jackin' around on my friend's Minecraft server.
  • Reach firefight/campaign if a challenge that interests me pops up.
  • Brutal Doom/Brutal Heretic/Hexen co-op when the new versions of that come out.

I'm looking forward to the retail release of Day Z and GTA V this year, and Destiny if it comes out this year.

I watch a lot of stuff. Too much stuff, probably.

Let's see...

by GauntMkII, Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 03:26 (4055 days ago) @ Mr Daax

• I'll probably be playing Guild Wars 2 on and off.
  • I'm looking forward to Metro: Last Light, as Metro 2033 was amazing and the footage shown so far looks just as great.
  • I'm weighing things up to see if it's worth getting Dead Space 3, as I recently got around to finishing the second game.
  • When they finally get around to shipping it to Australia, I'll be playing Fire Emblem Awakening - my american friends have been raving about it the last few weeks.
  • I'll also try and finish Dragon's Dogma, seeing as it has a sequel in the works too.

As for movies, about the only thing I'm looking forward to is Star Trek Into Darkness.

Let's see...

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 10:25 (4054 days ago) @ GauntMkII

I loved 2033 and I'm looking forward to Last Light as well.

If you liked the first two Dead Spaces then I'd recommend number 3. I rented it and enjoyed it, though there is more of an action game vibe this time.

It's like it's equal parts Dead Space, Gears of War, and The Thing.

by electricpirate @, Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 05:49 (4055 days ago) @ Mr Daax

Making my own game, an RTS sports fusion thingy.

Mass Effect

by thebruce ⌂, Ontario, Canada, Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 07:23 (4055 days ago) @ Mr Daax

Finally picked up ME2. Finished ME1 a while back, and bought ME3 in anticipation of getting to it... but never grabbed a copy of ME2. So it sat waiting, collecting dust. NOW I've finally got it, and plan to enjoy the final two games casually and in full before Destiny. (hopefully will take nowhere near as long as it takes for the game to come out :P)

by bluerunner @, Music City, Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 07:23 (4055 days ago) @ Mr Daax

I'm actually going to try to spend less time with games and try to work on some other hobbies while I have time. I'm in probably the worst shape ever, so I'm kicking up the workout routine. I'm going to try to read more. I'm working on learning Spanish. I'm also working more on improving my pistol shooting technique. I've been just a plinker all my life, but I want to push it up a level, maybe compete in some IDPA match or two. I figure now is the time to get all this done before I get absorbed into Bungie's new universe.

Awesome!

by Mr Daax ⌂ @, aka: SSG Daax, Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 07:37 (4055 days ago) @ bluerunner

If you are serious about ramping up your fitness and if you can afford it, I highly recommend checking out your local CrossFit gym. I promise you will feel like absolute crap afterwards, but if you stick with it, it's pretty damn amazing the results you'll see and feel.

Awesome!

by bluerunner @, Music City, Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 08:13 (4055 days ago) @ Mr Daax

With my and my wife's work schedules and the kids I can't do much out of the house. I picked up Nike's Kinect Trainer and it's pretty good. It had a really cool assessment program that confirmed what I already knew but didn't admit: I'm really strong but still out of shape. So far it's kept me out of my old routine of just lifting weights. I hate cardio, but at least it's keeping it interesting.

Awesome!

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 09:25 (4055 days ago) @ bluerunner

I know that feeling.

I'm doing p90x myself right now. I'll be done with the first 90 days right before HBOhio. Then I'll decide if I want to kick that program up a notch or if I want to try something else. Strength is nothing without endurance and flexibility :)

In addition, I'll be working on my first B.O.B this year so I'm pretty excited. I like the idea of being able to just grab a bag and disappear for a few days.

The girlfriend and I want to take up some shooting lessons this year as well. I've shot hand guns once, shotguns several times, but never a rifle. If I were your neighbor I'd whip you into shape in exchange for some shooting lessons haha.

After HBOhio is done I'll be diving back into my 405th projects so I won't be on xbl much in the summer/fall. I'm hoping I'll have my AR and second pistol finished by the time you guys get here!

Awesome!

by bluerunner @, Music City, Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 10:47 (4054 days ago) @ Revenant1988

In addition, I'll be working on my first B.O.B this year so I'm pretty excited. I like the idea of being able to just grab a bag and disappear for a few days.

We should trade notes at the LAN. I'm pretty simplistic on mine, but my boss has been buying all kinds of gadgets for his, and I've got to play with several of them.

The girlfriend and I want to take up some shooting lessons this year as well. I've shot hand guns once, shotguns several times, but never a rifle. If I were your neighbor I'd whip you into shape in exchange for some shooting lessons haha.

Classes can be expensive. I think Ohio requires a class for a ccw permit. I recommend taking it if they do. If you want a good starting point without spending a lot of money, I highly recommend Magpul's video series "The Art of the Dynamic Handgun". It's around $40 on Amazon and is very well put together.

Awesome!

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 11:43 (4054 days ago) @ bluerunner

We should trade notes at the LAN. I'm pretty simplistic on mine, but my boss has been buying all kinds of gadgets for his, and I've got to play with several of them.

Dude I haven't even started yet haha. I'm still trying to decide on a pack that will fit me and allow me to carry everything. That's the hard part, not taking too much.

Classes can be expensive. I think Ohio requires a class for a ccw permit. I recommend taking it if they do. If you want a good starting point without spending a lot of money, I highly recommend Magpul's video series "The Art of the Dynamic Handgun". It's around $40 on Amazon and is very well put together.

I'll have to look into that. You're right about the classes, they are not cheap. Ohio does require a class for CCW but I've got a lot of friends that have completed it so I can pull from them.

I've got a lot to learn. Haven't even started with a .22 yet. **blush**

Awesome!

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 11:49 (4054 days ago) @ Revenant1988

I've got a lot to learn. Haven't even started with a .22 yet. **blush**

.22 is fun, but come on, you know you want to try something worthy of pushing up against your shoulder!

Awesome!

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 12:06 (4054 days ago) @ Grizzlei

Well yeah.

Traditionally a .22 is where most young adults (or kids) start, and I haven't even done that yet >_>

I'm way behind :(

Awesome!

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 12:09 (4054 days ago) @ Revenant1988

Traditionally a .22 is where most young adults (or kids) start, and I haven't even done that yet

No worries, everyone starts somewhere. I learned marksmanship at a very young age so I guess I'm a bit more enthusiastic about encouraging first timers to pop their cherries with larger caliber rifles. Even as a kiddo I got tired of .22 pretty quick. :P

Have fun and feel free to ask me some questions if you're curious.

Awesome!

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 12:14 (4054 days ago) @ Grizzlei

Traditionally a .22 is where most young adults (or kids) start, and I haven't even done that yet

No worries, everybody starts somewhere. I learned marksmanship at a very young age so I guess I'm a bit more enthusiastic about encouraging first timers to pop their cherries with larger caliber rifles. Even as a kiddo I got tired of .22 pretty quick. :P

Have fun and feel free to ask me some questions if you're curious.

I've shot several different gauges of shotgun, so I'm plenty familiar with the kick that comes with it.

In terms of my B.O.B, a compact .22 carbine would be ideal for quick self defense, squirrel or other small game (sorry, pete) or zombies.

For a pistol, IDK yet. The only one I've ever shot was a 9mm.

For a rifle, I just want to learn, period. Don't plan on owning one. Well, depending on what changes in the next few years in this country I suppose **rolls eyes**

Awesome!

by bluerunner @, Music City, Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 12:13 (4054 days ago) @ Revenant1988

Well yeah.

Traditionally a .22 is where most young adults (or kids) start, and I haven't even done that yet >_>

I shoot .22lr more than anything else because it's cheap. You can do a lot of fun stuff with a Ruger 10/22.

Awesome!

by bluerunner @, Music City, Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 12:10 (4054 days ago) @ Grizzlei

Awesome!

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 12:14 (4054 days ago) @ bluerunner

They should have...ummm, leaned into it more, I guess? I'd love to fire that thing.

Awesome!

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 14:15 (4054 days ago) @ bluerunner

Good grief. I think I'll stick with my nice, compact 12 gauge.

Awesome!

by Schooly D, TSD Gaming Condo, TX, Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 15:17 (4054 days ago) @ bluerunner

Nike's Kinect Trainer assessment program
I'm really strong

[image]

Awesome!

by bluerunner @, Music City, Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 15:25 (4054 days ago) @ Schooly D

First thing it asked: "Bro, do you even lift?"

Good on ya!

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 14:28 (4054 days ago) @ bluerunner

- No text -

I've got something of a backlog...

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 10:47 (4054 days ago) @ Mr Daax

Stupid Humble Bundles making me buy games!

Backlog:

• ...Amnesia: The Dark Descent (I don't like being helpless in a video game. I want to be Batman!)
  • ...Bastion
  • ...BIT.TRIP RUNNER
  • ...Braid
  • ...Dustforce
  • ...Gratuitous Space Battles
  • ...Jamestown (Which I actually beat, but there's still DLC and Insane Mode)
  • ...Rochard
  • ...Shatter
  • ...Space Pirates and Zombies
  • ...Superbrothers Sword & Sworcery (Got a good way into this, love the sound and art design, but for some reason I just don't finish it)
  • ...Super Meat Boy
  • ...The Ur-Quan Masters
  • ...Vessel
  • ...Wizorb
  • ...FTL (I must have gotten to the end game a dozen times but I can't beat that damn boss!)
  • ...Torchlight
  • ...Dragon Age Origins (Never got around to finishing)
  • ... Quantum Conundrum
  • ...Mass Effect 3 (I still need to finish my 'Personal Canon' playthrough of 2 before I can move on)

As for games I'm looking forward to;

• ...Metro: Last Light
  • ...Bioshock Infinite
  • ...Prey 2: Prey Harder
  • ...Squadron 42/Star Citizen (though this might actually come out after Destiny)
  • ...Aliens: Colonial Marines (I want to try even though I've heard mixed stuff about it)

But honestly who am I kidding, I just got XCOM: Enemy Unknown. That game itself might keep me occupied the entire duration!

O_o

by Mr Daax ⌂ @, aka: SSG Daax, Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 11:22 (4054 days ago) @ Chewbaccawakka

- No text -

Pray for Prey 2 :(

by bryan newman @, Kentucky, Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 13:28 (4054 days ago) @ Chewbaccawakka

I played Colonial Marines...It's ok. It retcons a significant event of Alien 3...Anything that retcons Alien 3 is ok by me.

Pray for Prey 2 :(

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 13:35 (4054 days ago) @ bryan newman

Indeed, I enjoyed the first Prey and the announcement trailer for number 2 really grabbed my attention. But I'm a sucker for cyberpunk xeno-noir stuff.

In any case, fingers crossed.

by Beckx, Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 20:20 (4054 days ago) @ Mr Daax

Man, I gots a lot of stuff already to play and more I'm looking forward to playing this year. It's going to be a great year.

My current love is Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, which has enormous replay value for me. Plus there are my evergreen titles - UMvC3, SSFIVAE, P4A, Mushihimesama Futari 1.5 BL, Spelunky, Aban Hawkins, and a few others.

On the PC front, I've got Kentucky Route Zero, Strike Suit Zero, Sleeping Dogs ($5 Steam sale :D), They Bleed Pixels, Amnesia, Dear Esther, Endless Space, Cave Story +, Antichamber (gives me motion sickness :(), To the Moon, Botanicula, and more already in a backlog to play.

Things I'm really looking forward to this year, in no order:

Darkstalkers Resurrection (so hyped, getting the e-capcom limited edition from Japan)

Caladrius (gothic themed MOSS shmup)

DoDonPachi SaiDaiDoJou (Cave's swan song on the 360)

Ketsui (classic Cave shmup, finally getting it in April)

The Wonderful 101 (wii u had me at Kamiya)

Shin Megami Tensei IV (3ds, if it comes stateside this year)

Persona 4 Golden (Vita, once I get a new memory card)

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure All Star Battle (OH MY GOD. It probably won't be balanced, but OH MY GOD.)

Hatsune Miku Project Diva f (haters gonna hate)

plus several games that I've kickstarted should start trickling out, and god knows what the fall will bring, and there will be tons of games I've forgotten about. Then a new console in the holiday season will bring more than enough to tide me over til...whenever Destiny actually comes out. :)

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 20:25 (4054 days ago) @ Beckx

Hatsune Miku Project Diva f (haters gonna hate)

Haha I can't wait for it to come out. Should be super fun!

by Beckx, Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 20:33 (4054 days ago) @ Grizzlei

The Vita game is a blast, can't wait to see it on the TV.

Wish I had nabbed one of the controllers from AmiAmi while they were available. Play-Asia price is just loony.

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Thursday, February 21, 2013, 08:27 (4054 days ago) @ Grizzlei

I have no idea what this game/series is, but it seems like about 1/3rd of all custom paint jobs in Forza 4 are based on it.

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Thursday, February 21, 2013, 08:57 (4054 days ago) @ stabbim

I have no idea what this game/series is, but it seems like about 1/3rd of all custom paint jobs in Forza 4 are based on it.

I've been a fan for awhile and I can honestly say that I too have no idea what the fuck is going on most of the time.

by Beckx, Thursday, February 21, 2013, 09:18 (4054 days ago) @ stabbim

Miku is a vocaloid - a "virtual idol" (see: Idoru, and life imitates art). In other words, there's a computer program that combines various singer's voices to create the voice of "Hatsune Miku" and then use that to create the vocals for songs. There's a real band (Supercell) & songwriter (Ryo) that uses Miku as the vocalist. Long before holographic Tupac appeared at an awards show, Supercell has performed with holographic Miku.

The games are Sega-produced rhythm games. Instead of something like RockBand, where you hit notes in time with a specific instrument, in the Project Diva games you hit buttons in time with the vocals. (More fun for me.) Fairly simple set-up, button icons go flying across the screen and your score is based on how successfully you hit them in the required windows. Meanwhile a rendered video plays in the background.

Very Japanese, very fun.

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Thursday, February 21, 2013, 09:51 (4054 days ago) @ Beckx

Ah, ok. I have heard of those virtual performers. Didn't realize the game you spoke of was based on one.

The popularity in Forza makes sense now. It does seem like those paint jobs are mostly available on Japanese cars.

Holy crap

by Mr Daax ⌂ @, aka: SSG Daax, Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 20:54 (4054 days ago) @ Mr Daax

There are some serious gamers around here. It's pretty cool seeing that Bungie has dedicated fans from all around the gaming community. I tend not to play a lot of games, definitely less than when I was younger. I have my favorites for sure, but that is a short list, and Bungie takes first place on it. But, dang, some of you guys and gals are crazy! I look forward to travelling the solar system and kicking, or shooting, some alien butt with y'all.

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Friday, February 22, 2013, 16:29 (4052 days ago) @ Mr Daax

Watching:

The Walking Dead- quality TV... that's about all I can say, this is some freaking quality TV
Tosh.0- it's mostly rehashed content but I don't look for videos and I ignore a lot of what people link me to
The Daily Show and The Colbert Report (or as I call the pair together, The Stewart/Colbert Power Hour)
I got caught up on 30 Rock at about the exact time you couldn't see the beginning of season 7 legally any more, so I'm waiting for that to come back around so I can finish the series and talk about it with people
I want to catch up on: MythBusters, Futurama, finish up Survivorman, maybe MLP: FIM, maybe Family Guy, also I'd like to fill in my one known blank spot in ST: TNG and my many blank spots in ST: TOS

Playing:

Halo, various games- multiplayer and maybe other modes

finishing:
Marathon
Half-Life: Opposing Force
TLoZ: Majora's Mask
Halo Anniversary (I haven't done Legendary or found all the skulls yet)

backlog:
HL: Blue Shift
HL 2
Marathon 2
Marathon Infinity

by Reconcilliation @, Imagination Station, Saturday, February 23, 2013, 15:23 (4051 days ago) @ Mr Daax

Space Station 13, a little.

Planetside 2, next to that, and then some RTS and roguelikes - Dwarf Fortress and Sword of the Stars 2

PS Vita Remote Play

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Saturday, February 23, 2013, 15:28 (4051 days ago) @ Mr Daax

With the idea that we will be able to play Destiny on the Vita it has made me look at the PS Vita, anybody have one, is it worth it? Not that I am seriously considering it at the moment, but if Destiny is the only thing worth playing when it comes out I'll pass.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread