How time flies...

by Stephen Laughlin ⌂ @, Long Beach, CA, Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 05:45 (4081 days ago)

I find it hard to believe it's already been something like thirteen years since the early Halo footage blew my teenage mind and I stumbled into this community. As soon as I hit the Marathon story page, I was hooked. I had my share of LAN parties, went to the fanfests, and posted frequently as "Skeletor" until around 2007 when I went to college and picked up a BM in classical guitar. I still remember all the old forum characters and wonder what they've gotten up to these days.

I just wanted to say thanks to you all for being part of such an incredible community, and to Bungie for always being so close with the fans. I stumbled upon the Destiny ViDoc today and the whole concept sounds really fantastic. I'll be following eagerly. Cheers!

Hey, welcome back!

by Claude Errera @, Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 05:48 (4081 days ago) @ Stephen Laughlin

I think it's awesome to see old names reappear around here. :)

Hey, welcome back!

by Mercury, Chicago, IL, Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 08:21 (4081 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I'm enjoying the reminiscing, too. It feels like a lifetime ago, not just ~12 years, that I started lurking around HBO to keep my mind off of college work. It's nice to see old names.

Hey, welcome back!

by Stephen Laughlin ⌂ @, Long Beach, CA, Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 20:42 (4081 days ago) @ Mercury

I'm enjoying the reminiscing, too. It feels like a lifetime ago, not just ~12 years, that I started lurking around HBO to keep my mind off of college work. It's nice to see old names.

I bet we'll see some more old timers crawl out of the woodwork in the months to come. I always found the road up to release of a new Bungie game the most exciting period, with imaginations running wild and whatnot. :)

Hey, welcome back!

by Stephen Laughlin ⌂ @, Long Beach, CA, Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 20:31 (4081 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Thanks Claude! You're amazing. I couldn't imagine this place without you.

Not sure if...

by RC ⌂, UK, Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 05:52 (4081 days ago) @ Stephen Laughlin

posted frequently as "Skeletor" until around 2007

I actually remember you specifically, or if that's just a name I've heard in general before.

Either way, welcome back! Hope you have fun :)

How time flies...

by uberfoop @, Seattle-ish, Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 10:42 (4081 days ago) @ Stephen Laughlin

"Skeletor" until around 2007

Whoa, I recognize that name. Ancient Halo tricking history and all that good stuff.

Welcome back.

How time flies...

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 13:37 (4081 days ago) @ Stephen Laughlin

Professional lurker. Welcome back.

~M

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread