Bwupdate! (Destiny)

by GrimBrother IV, Friday, May 02, 2014, 15:41 (3655 days ago)

When will you finally release information bout the beta? E3

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, May 02, 2014, 15:50 (3655 days ago) @ GrimBrother IV

Also there will be no flying narwhals in Destiny. Get your shit together Bungie.

Also vehicular combat at E3!

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, May 02, 2014, 16:00 (3655 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

When will you finally release information bout the beta? E3

by Doooskey, Kansas City, MO, Saturday, May 03, 2014, 09:46 (3654 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

How much lead time do they need to announce the Beta?

E3, June 10-12

First day of summer, June 21st (also a Saturday, good day for a Beta release)

I am hopeful for June 21st, but 2 weeks notice seems too small. Would they aim for a weekend to open it up?

My guess would be 3 days early access to PS3/PS4, then open to everyone for another 14 days. I suppose we'll find out soon...

Flying Narwals?

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Friday, May 02, 2014, 17:10 (3655 days ago) @ GrimBrother IV

This is space and anything can happen. Please make these real, Bungie.

Flying Narwals?

by scarab @, Saturday, May 03, 2014, 09:24 (3654 days ago) @ Grizzlei

herds of whale blimps harassed by flying sharks - double-ended, rotary winged, Chinook insects sipping nectar from alien flowers on a Jovian moon.

How about some alien interlopers on Earth. Plants and wildlife that don't belong here - it's not just the sentient races that are taking over. Nivenesque sunflower plants, Martian red-weeds, barnacles and head-crabs (oh wait, wrong franchise but same idea).

"A Fireteam inspects a Hive pod where it came to rest"

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, May 02, 2014, 17:14 (3655 days ago) @ GrimBrother IV

So Hive drops from the sky? Launched from the Moon? From orbiting ships?

Awesome.

by petetheduck, Friday, May 02, 2014, 17:23 (3655 days ago) @ ZackDark

Awesome.

I know, right? I should have realized that that large strange object wasn't Fallen, and that explains why the Hive was there, which was kind've confusing to me.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, May 02, 2014, 17:38 (3655 days ago) @ petetheduck

Awesome.

I know, right? I should have realized that that large strange object wasn't Fallen, and that explains why the Hive was there, which was kind've confusing to me.

Well it was fallen but...

:P

badump *tsh*

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Saturday, May 03, 2014, 02:21 (3654 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

Quick on the draw, IV

by GrimBrotherIII, Friday, May 02, 2014, 20:00 (3654 days ago) @ GrimBrother IV

- No text -

Bwupdate! Mail Sack thoughts..

by GrimBrotherIII, Friday, May 02, 2014, 20:19 (3654 days ago) @ GrimBrother IV

"Apart from the combat on the pike we saw in the Law of the Jungle trailer we saw, we haven't seen much vehicular combat. Is vehicular combat making a return in Destiny?

Yessir. Did we mention that we’re headed to E3?"

This is very exiting... i was under the impression that vehicles would be non-combative and used simply for mobility, so this is good news.

"Multiple sites are listing a 3 character limit. Is this confirmed?

Nothing is totally confirmed until September 9th. There are a few things that are almost guaranteed not to change. For instance, the game will definitely be called “Destiny.”"

*Sigh* I grow tired of the lameness of answers like this...

"Can you give us a percentage of how much we have actually seen of the game so far?

Hard to calculate. It’s a single digit, though. We’ve left most of this world for you to plunder.

Some of you will curse my name for that right now. You’ll thank me later, when you see Mars for the first time, and you’re actually seeing it for the first time. Playing this game shouldn’t be a vicarious experience. They don’t call these First Person Shooters for nothing."

This here is genius... I'm so glad that Destiny isn't budging on their commitment to keep the mystery of this game alive and well... they are truly becoming masters of hype!

Man, i couldn't be more exited for this game!!!!

- III

I'm really curious...

by Claude Errera @, Friday, May 02, 2014, 21:14 (3654 days ago) @ GrimBrotherIII

Nothing is totally confirmed until September 9th. There are a few things that are almost guaranteed not to change. For instance, the game will definitely be called “Destiny.”"

What, exactly, would you LIKE to hear instead (given that you KNOW they're not going to tell you exactly what you'll see when you buy the game)?

Would it be better if they simply ignored questions they weren't willing to answer completely?

I'm really curious...

by GrimBrotherIII, Saturday, May 03, 2014, 09:02 (3654 days ago) @ Claude Errera

What, exactly, would you LIKE to hear instead (given that you KNOW they're not going to tell you exactly what you'll see when you buy the game)?

Would it be better if they simply ignored questions they weren't willing to answer completely?

Actually yes, Claude, i do find that preferable to a worn-out, cutesy, "let me pat you on the head and laugh sarcastically at your adorable lack of knowledge" answer... lol!

But this is just my humble opinion, and in fact - if you read further down in my post i actually praise Bungie for their faithfulness to preserving the mysterious integrity of the story of Destiny, it's not the "not knowing" that bothers me, but sometimes their answers to questions they know they can't actually answer seem a tad bit condescending - and that can be bothersome, though it's not that big of a deal.

CE - i get the feeling you really enjoy picking on me... ;)

- III

I'm really curious...

by Claude Errera @, Saturday, May 03, 2014, 09:54 (3654 days ago) @ GrimBrotherIII

Heh - not at all. I really was curious; I don't read DeeJ's answers as condescending in the least. I read them as though he knows that we know that he can't answer - so he turns it into a joke. But it's a joke we're all in on. I read these like the banter you have with your lawyer friend during a basketball game, when you ask him for juicy details about a case he's on, and you KNOW he can't tell you anything, and he knows you know, so he jokes about it.

In fact, until you called it out as condescending, it hadn't even occurred to me that someone might see it that way.

I guess it's all how you look at it.

I'm really curious...

by GrimBrotherIII, Saturday, May 03, 2014, 10:35 (3654 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Heh - not at all. I really was curious; I don't read DeeJ's answers as condescending in the least. I read them as though he knows that we know that he can't answer - so he turns it into a joke. But it's a joke we're all in on. I read these like the banter you have with your lawyer friend during a basketball game, when you ask him for juicy details about a case he's on, and you KNOW he can't tell you anything, and he knows you know, so he jokes about it.

In fact, until you called it out as condescending, it hadn't even occurred to me that someone might see it that way.

Ahh.. I see where you're coming from. Makes sense to me. Perhaps i am only feeling that way since i am rather new to the community - I'm still trying to catch up on all the jargon and the inside-joke banter. No worries! Thanks for clarifying.

- III

I'm really curious...

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Saturday, May 03, 2014, 10:45 (3654 days ago) @ GrimBrotherIII

Ahh.. I see where you're coming from. Makes sense to me. Perhaps i am only feeling that way since i am rather new to the community - I'm still trying to catch up on all the jargon and the inside-joke banter. No worries! Thanks for clarifying.

Yeah… you'll find a lot of inside jokes rolling around these parts.

My favorite one is to tell Claude how old he is. He totally doesn't mind.

Or the goats - he really likes to hear about the goats

by scarab @, Saturday, May 03, 2014, 11:16 (3654 days ago) @ Beorn

- No text -

I'm really curious...

by DeeJ ⌂, Bungie, Monday, May 05, 2014, 12:19 (3652 days ago) @ GrimBrotherIII

Perhaps i am only feeling that way since i am rather new to the community...

That makes your feedback golden. Claude has known me since I was a Halo blogger with a dream about civility and sportsmanship, so he expects me to be polite. If you're new to the community, you have less context. I'll read my copy with your lack of context in mind. Condescending to people who want to know about our game is the very last thing I want to do. Thanks for being honest. You're my new favorite Grim.

[pats GB1 on the head in as condescending a fashion as possible]

I'm really curious...

by GrimBrotherIII, Wednesday, May 07, 2014, 06:40 (3650 days ago) @ DeeJ

Perhaps i am only feeling that way since i am rather new to the community...

That makes your feedback golden. Claude has known me since I was a Halo blogger with a dream about civility and sportsmanship, so he expects me to be polite. If you're new to the community, you have less context. I'll read my copy with your lack of context in mind. Condescending to people who want to know about our game is the very last thing I want to do. Thanks for being honest. You're my new favorite Grim.

Deej, Thanks so much for caring enough to stop by and drop a line to me, man! Please know that the tiny bit of frustration i experience in not being able to receive new information on some of the little stuff is only matched and perhaps outdone by my deep respect for you and the other folks at Bungie actually being able to stick to your Thunderlords by in fact keeping so much of the big stuff (story arc, secret locals, secret enemies, etc.) close to your chests. The mystery is exhilarating! And Claude has done a good job explaining the integrity of your intentions in all of your community feedback, so no worries.

Thanks again for dropping by to respond. Nothin but love here, bro!!!

- III

I'm really curious...

by SonofMacPhisto @, Wednesday, May 07, 2014, 08:15 (3650 days ago) @ DeeJ

This brings a tear to my eye.

I'm really curious...

by GrimBrother One, Sunday, May 11, 2014, 20:07 (3645 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

This response was fantastic. <3

:,[

by GrimBrother IV, Friday, May 09, 2014, 11:11 (3648 days ago) @ DeeJ

- No text -

I'm really curious...

by GrimBrother One, Sunday, May 11, 2014, 20:07 (3645 days ago) @ DeeJ

I see how it is.

THERE ARE TOO MANY OF YOU

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Saturday, May 03, 2014, 13:36 (3654 days ago) @ GrimBrotherIII

We have to keep you guys in check.
=ppppp

True enough...

by GrimBrotherIII, Saturday, May 03, 2014, 20:27 (3653 days ago) @ ZackDark

- No text -

I...

by Zeouterlimits, Ireland, Monday, May 12, 2014, 06:41 (3645 days ago) @ ZackDark

[image]

I had no idea. Talk about a lack of perception.
Forgive my ignorance GrimFamily.

You are forgiven, my child.

by GrimBrother One, Tuesday, May 13, 2014, 15:20 (3644 days ago) @ Zeouterlimits

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread