Music from the First Look Alpha (Download) (Destiny)

by Oozer3993, Thursday, June 19, 2014, 14:40 (3591 days ago)

I apologize in advance if this isn't allowed to be posted here.

I tried to record as much music from the Alpha as I possibly could. This is a collection of everything I managed to get. There were 8 different cues played during the main menu (the first cue was the same every time and was never repeated, the other 7 appeared to be randomly played and repeated after that). In addition to the cues from the main menu, this also includes the music from the in space destination screen, two cues that would play during the Explore mission, and a couple short bonus tracks of miscellaneous music. A couple notes:

• Most of it is just atmospheric background music.
  • This isn't exhaustive. I probably missed some music. Sorry :(
  • Main Menu 2 appears to be the exact same track as Eighth. I included it just in case there are any small differences I didn't catch.
  • Tracks marked as "Bonus" are incomplete cues that were used just as repeating background music during fights. I did some light editing on them to try to make them sound more like complete cues.

Download
[Local Mirror - ce]

Music from the First Look Alpha (Download)

by biggy ⌂ @, Tinseltown, Thursday, June 19, 2014, 18:26 (3591 days ago) @ Oozer3993

"Main Menu 8" is one of my favorite pieces of music Marty and Mike have composed. Pure excellence. Reminds me of Newman's Wall-E score in some ways.

by Matt, Monday, June 23, 2014, 09:28 (3587 days ago) @ biggy

"Main Menu 8" is one of my favorite pieces of music Marty and Mike have composed.

It is heartwarming to see public acknowledgement of Mike Salvatori's contributions, because they are massive and he rarely gets the credit he deserves.

–Matt

by Stephen Laughlin ⌂ @, Long Beach, CA, Friday, June 20, 2014, 03:10 (3591 days ago) @ Oozer3993

Thanks so much, man. This is fantastic. I'm so glad someone thought of doing this. Very inspiring stuff. I loved the sound design throughout the Alpha as well. The whole audio gang should be proud.

Still waiting on Music of The Spheres. What happened? :'(

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, June 20, 2014, 06:28 (3590 days ago) @ Oozer3993

The "Explore" pieces remind me of ODST, especially "Explore Drums." This is a good thing.

Thank you for this.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, June 20, 2014, 07:36 (3590 days ago) @ Oozer3993

- No text -

Fantastic

by DaDerga, Baile Átha Cliath, Friday, June 20, 2014, 08:20 (3590 days ago) @ Oozer3993

Many many thanks for this.

What a lovely listen.

by SigbiasSilva @, West Midlands, England, Friday, June 20, 2014, 09:47 (3590 days ago) @ Oozer3993

I very much appreciate this. It's nice to see my Destiny music folder grow a tad more substantial. Thanks!

Wow

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, June 20, 2014, 10:14 (3590 days ago) @ Oozer3993

The Hive caught me completely by surprise. Got me pumped and sent chills down my back.

Thanks for fetching and mixing them, Oozer!

Here's the boss fight music with no shooting.

by djtanng, Sunday, June 22, 2014, 15:03 (3588 days ago) @ Oozer3993

I found this post about recorded Alpha music on Google and decided to stop by and post this missing song.

Here's the music that plays when you fight the boss Sepiks Prime in the Devil's Lair without all the shooting. I managed to capture it uninterrupted by leaving the fight before it started. I had to screw over two other players to make this happen, but it was for the greater good. lol..

If you have a youtube downloader, you could rip an MP3 from the video with itunes, then cutout the beginning air space with random music editing software.

by Yapok @, Sunday, June 22, 2014, 15:09 (3588 days ago) @ djtanng

but it was for the greater good.

[image]

by ncsuDuncan @, Sunday, June 22, 2014, 16:04 (3588 days ago) @ djtanng

I found this post about recorded Alpha music on Google and decided to stop by and post this missing song.

Here's the music that plays when you fight the boss Sepiks Prime in the Devil's Lair without all the shooting. I managed to capture it uninterrupted by leaving the fight before it started. I had to screw over two other players to make this happen, but it was for the greater good. lol..

If you have a youtube downloader, you could rip an MP3 from the video with itunes, then cutout the beginning air space with random music editing software.

Ooh, nice catch.

Thanks for sharing this - and welcome to the DBO forum! Feel free to stick around. :)

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread