more alpha faction npc quotes from reddit (Destiny)

by Yapok @, Sunday, July 06, 2014, 08:12 (3591 days ago)

The dialog has some interesting tidbits about the different faction interests.

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/29ysa6/tower_npcs_breakdown_the_dust_devils_siege_of/

more alpha faction npc quotes from reddit

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Sunday, July 06, 2014, 09:59 (3591 days ago) @ Yapok

Very good.

I'd guess that Dead Orbit's logo then refers to The Traveler. Interestingly, during the alpha there were multiple pieces of armor who's descriptions mentioned an exodus. This exodus was talked about as if some wanted it and some didn't...

When I read the Future War Cult's lines I keep thinking he's just crazy. There's no such thing as time travel! And then I remember The Vex. Also, is this guy an Exo? Could he really have seen the dark ages between The Collapse and The City?

And a final thought: We know oh so little about Destiny's story. Could it be branching? Could allying with Dead Orbit lead to Humanity fleeing the system? New Monarchy leads to fighting an epic defense of The City? FWC leads to fighting the darkness at another time?

I'm still very much holding out for a big twist. Between a third grey faction and this maybe we've begun to uncover it?

by Yapok @, Sunday, July 06, 2014, 10:06 (3591 days ago) @ Ragashingo

When I read the Future War Cult's lines I keep thinking he's just crazy. There's no such thing as time travel! And then I remember The Vex. Also, is this guy an Exo? Could he really have seen the dark ages between The Collapse and The City?

Yeah its a female Exo:
[image]

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Sunday, July 06, 2014, 10:57 (3591 days ago) @ Yapok

Yeah its a female Exo:
[image]

FUTURE.

WAR.

Time Travel.

Vex.

Exo.

Maybe... but... what if... hmmm.

I know that I know nothing.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Sunday, July 06, 2014, 11:01 (3591 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Of course, then the question becomes how ethical is it to kill them?

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Sunday, July 06, 2014, 11:21 (3591 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Of course, then the question becomes how ethical is it to kill them?

Ok...sure... I'll bite. What makes you think you are killing them?

Part Deux!

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Sunday, July 06, 2014, 17:22 (3590 days ago) @ Yapok

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2a08mn/tower_npcs_breakdown_the_jovians_osiris_the_great/
-----
After seeing multiple references in both parts one an two to a "She", I am going to guess they are referencing to the Awoken Queen.

Part Deux!

by Durandal, Sunday, July 06, 2014, 19:17 (3590 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

The wind age, the wolf age, isn't that also a reference to Myth The fallen lords?

Is everything circular, and the traveler is trying to break the cycle? I.E does the traveler go, grow a system and then depart, only for the system to be wiped out by the darkness soon after? Only this time, with humans, the traveler saw a chance to break that cycle?

Is that why the fallen think all of humanities former lands are theirs, because they are from a former cycle, and now pick over the leavings of later ones?

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread