Tricorn Perler *IMGS*

by NartFOpc, Thursday, February 21, 2013, 15:13 (4089 days ago)

Made myself a Tricorn perler. Yes, those branches connecting the middle are what Perler considers "Clear". (Click to embiggin)

Tada
[image]

Legendary Reach statue for scale
[image]

And just for fun, here it is along with my current crop of other perlers (i.e. what I haven't yet given away to friends)
[image]

DAT NINDOKING

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, February 21, 2013, 16:14 (4089 days ago) @ NartFOpc

Also, why don't you use the "clear" all over the gap? Would make it less obvious, IMO.

Or highlight the whole thing with black, bridging the gap.

DAT NINDOKING

by NartFOpc, Thursday, February 21, 2013, 16:27 (4089 days ago) @ ZackDark

My first time using the "clear" beads, and I thought they might turn out more clear after ironing. Live and learn.

DAT NINDOKING

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Thursday, February 21, 2013, 17:07 (4089 days ago) @ NartFOpc

How long do those take you, on average? Do you use tweezers or just do it by hand?

~M

DAT NINDOKING

by Funkmon @, Thursday, February 21, 2013, 18:11 (4089 days ago) @ Malagate

And did the destiny one take less time than the others?

DAT NINDOKING

by NartFOpc, Thursday, February 21, 2013, 18:15 (4089 days ago) @ Funkmon

And did the destiny one take less time than the others?

Yes because all I had to do was place the outline and then fill it in, no need to keep consulting a sprite or anything.

DAT NINDOKING

by NartFOpc, Thursday, February 21, 2013, 18:14 (4089 days ago) @ Malagate

How long do those take you, on average? Do you use tweezers or just do it by hand?

~M

On average I'd say 1.5-2 hours depending on the total number of beads and the number of colors. I use tweezers.

Tricorn Perler *IMGS*

by Avateur @, Thursday, February 21, 2013, 18:20 (4089 days ago) @ NartFOpc

And just for fun, here it is along with my current crop of other perlers (i.e. what I haven't yet given away to friends)
[image]

All the Pokemons are great, but that Majora's Mask is the best. Ever. Sorry Tricorn, but even you cannot compete with the mask.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread