Co-op Night this Wednesday: The Ark (Recruitment)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, July 14, 2014, 18:33 (3591 days ago)

[image]

Co-op Night Is Wednesday at 9 EST

The Destiny Beta has almost arrived, and the forum has been a boisterous place recently, so let's get together and play to help us remember what we enjoy and why we're here. Destiny seems built to allow us to play together, and reliving some past co-op adventures from Bungie seems like a great way to prepare for the future they're building for us.

First up:

The Ark
Legendary
Tough Luck, Thunderstorm, and Mythic (fun skulls and Tilt optional)

What's not to love about massive battlefields, tanks, and a climatic arena match with a Brute Chieftan?

How do we play?

1. Either send a friend request to the gamertag Coop Night on XBL or send a note to Kermit7.
2. If you're online at the designated time, I assume you have an interest in co-op and invite you to my party. (Friends of Coop Night get invited first.)
3. If and when we have a full party (or multiple parties), we play a short custom Free-For-All game and the results will serve as our randomized team list. I'll assign team leaders, and we'll count off four starting from the top.
4. The party leaders leave to form their own Xbox Live party, inviting their assigned teammates (usually the two to three names under them in the last game results). Then the co-op game begins!

With luck, this process shouldn't take more than 10-15 minutes.

Watch each's back and remember, on Co-op Night assists count as much as kills.

<3

Kermit

P.S. We'll probably wrap up around 10, and then we can join UnrealCh13f for multiplayer fun in Reach. See his post.

Uh oh

by Joe Duplessie (SNIPE 316) ⌂ @, Detroit, Monday, July 14, 2014, 18:58 (3591 days ago) @ Kermit

Two events at the same time? Hrrrm.

Would be great if this one started a little earlier. Like 7.

Nooooooooooo

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Monday, July 14, 2014, 19:03 (3591 days ago) @ Joe Duplessie (SNIPE 316)

9PM start is the best

Nooooooooooo

by Joe Duplessie (SNIPE 316) ⌂ @, Detroit, Monday, July 14, 2014, 19:34 (3591 days ago) @ JDQuackers

9PM start is the best

Normally, sure. This is a special case, however. We're doing Matchmaking on the same night. To get in a good number of matches, it'd be good to start at 9. Most people only stay until 11 or so. If we start co-op at 7, we can get in more matches later.

Nooooooooooo

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Tuesday, July 15, 2014, 06:16 (3590 days ago) @ Joe Duplessie (SNIPE 316)

it'd be good to start at 9.

There's no reason why both can't start at 9, that way people who can't get online until after 8:30 can still play Co-Op or MM depending on which they prefer.

Nooooooooooo

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, July 15, 2014, 06:32 (3590 days ago) @ JDQuackers
edited by Kermit, Tuesday, July 15, 2014, 07:06

This. It's a big community (and I think it's about to get bigger).

9 p.m. is kind of late for me, honestly, but efforts to move it earlier have met resistance in the past. I believe consistency is a virtue, and Vagueness is more likely to remember 9 p.m. (10 minutes late.)

Another issue is that the East coast is the time caboose in the United States. I'm hoping some west coasters can get home, feed themselves, and let the dog out before 7, and maybe they can join us.

Edit: I said that backwards. The east coast is the time locomotive in the United States, obviously. We get to the future faster. :)

Nooooooooooo

by Joe Duplessie (SNIPE 316) ⌂ @, Detroit, Tuesday, July 15, 2014, 08:14 (3590 days ago) @ JDQuackers

it'd be good to start at 9.

There's no reason why both can't start at 9, that way people who can't get online until after 8:30 can still play Co-Op or MM depending on which they prefer.

What about the brave men and women who want both?

Nooooooooooo

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Tuesday, July 15, 2014, 08:35 (3590 days ago) @ Joe Duplessie (SNIPE 316)

Then they can join after Co-Op is done! Be Brave. Stay up late. Play all the Halo!

Nooooooooooo

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Tuesday, July 15, 2014, 22:39 (3590 days ago) @ JDQuackers

Then they can join after Co-Op is done! Be Brave. Stay up late. Play all the Halo!

I suggest brownies-- sugar, caffeine, and they taste awesome.

Co-op Night this Wednesday: The Ark

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Monday, July 14, 2014, 19:07 (3591 days ago) @ Kermit

BRB, writing this on myself in permanent marker.
It's just too bad it's not feasible to activate that one easter egg, I don't think most people want to wait several minutes to shoot all the crystals, let alone possibly revert when they get shot prematurely, although with four people it should be less risky.
(but seriously, I did consider using a permanent marker on my arm, but I just I wrote it somewhere I'll see it in pencil)

Will be there if I can

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Monday, July 14, 2014, 19:18 (3591 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

We'll start promptly at 9. Invites sent at 8:55.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, July 16, 2014, 09:22 (3589 days ago) @ Kermit

The earlier we start, the earlier we can get to Reach.

9:00 Eastern

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, July 16, 2014, 09:23 (3589 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

Thanks, everyone!

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, July 17, 2014, 07:51 (3588 days ago) @ Kermit

We had a good turn-out, and I thoroughly enjoyed listening to Padd--I mean, playing through the Ark.

More to come, but in the meantime, on to the Beeeta!

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread