Stopped playing Destiny today (Destiny)

by scarab @, Sunday, July 20, 2014, 08:00 (3567 days ago)

because my thumb is too sore :-)

It's all that sprinting; my left thumb is swollen between the tip and the first joint.

Am I the only one or is anyone else feeling the strain?

It's why I'm looking forward to the XB1 beta

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Sunday, July 20, 2014, 08:09 (3567 days ago) @ scarab

Cramps cramps cramps on PS4 vs Smooth smooth smooth on XB1

Stopped playing Destiny today

by SigbiasSilva @, West Midlands, England, Sunday, July 20, 2014, 08:49 (3567 days ago) @ scarab

Yeah, I feel the strain too. My hands ached by the end last night. I have a nasty grip with the PS4 controller. I tend to hold on tight when things get a little intense, as my hands fall a little too loosely around them otherwise. It's quite a bad habit and something I need to work on.

Preach!

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Sunday, July 20, 2014, 11:02 (3567 days ago) @ scarab

scarab ...because my thumb is too sore :-)

It's all that sprinting; my left thumb is swollen between the tip and the first joint.

Am I the only one or is anyone else feeling the strain?

kidtsunami Cramps cramps cramps on PS4 vs Smooth smooth smooth on XB1

SigbiasSilva Yeah, I feel the strain too. My hands ached by the end last night. I have a nasty grip with the PS4 controller. I tend to hold on tight when things get a little intense, as my hands fall a little too loosely around them otherwise. It's quite a bad habit and something I need to work on.

[image].

Have a fun next 10 years!

I've had tendon, joint, and pressure pains from xbox pad

by scarab @, Sunday, July 20, 2014, 11:10 (3567 days ago) @ INSANEdrive
edited by scarab, Sunday, July 20, 2014, 11:14

Arkham Asylum knackered the tendon that raises the right thumb from all that (A) button mashing to prise open ventilators.

For me the answer would be pressure sensing sticks that hardly move, just like the X-65F stick. Then it would be easy to sprint by pressing down the stick. I wouldn't have to apply so much pressure and claw the stick to turn as I ran.

Anyone remember trying to crouch on the one spot in Halo? That would be so much easier if the stick didn't move from the vertical.

More shoes for everyone! /idiom

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Sunday, July 20, 2014, 11:25 (3567 days ago) @ scarab

- No text -

Preach!

by SigbiasSilva @, West Midlands, England, Sunday, July 20, 2014, 12:05 (3567 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

I will, thanks. It's been a blast so far, and real nice playing with folks from around here.

My hands (well, the right hand, really) aching after an almost non-stop 12+ hour session taking me to 5am... well, that's to be expected. The time spent preparing for and competing in The Iron Banner was a ton of fun.

So anyway, it's been a very long time since I've sat and played something so intensely. I rarely play games for over 2 hours in a sitting. Hell, I don't play games much at all these days... no wonder my body protested ;)

Preach!

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Sunday, July 20, 2014, 12:34 (3567 days ago) @ SigbiasSilva
edited by INSANEdrive, Sunday, July 20, 2014, 12:39

I will, thanks. It's been a blast so far, and real nice playing with folks from around here.

[image]

Right. Contextual Interpretation on the internet. Could be interpreted negatively. Hmmm. I don't understand.
Edit: (Could be... problematic)

So you aren't concerned that after a long play through with a device that is critical to the experience of a possible 10 or so years causes 'bouts of uncomfort after a prolonged use?

Three days till Xbox beta starts.

Preach!

by SigbiasSilva @, West Midlands, England, Sunday, July 20, 2014, 13:43 (3567 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

So you aren't concerned that after a long play through with a device that is critical to the experience of a possible 10 or so years causes 'bouts of uncomfort after a prolonged use?

Oh, it's concerning alright...

It's largely a matter of habit though. Something I need to work on. I hold the controller tight like I'm holding on for dear life - this happens when I get immersed in games, and that's not a habit exclusive to the PS4 either. If it's exclusive to anything, it's console First Person Shooters.

I've experienced aches just as bad with the 360, back when I was far more prone to play games for extended periods. The DualShock 4 certainly isn't perfect, but I was happy enough when trying it out. It was the make or break when looking at what console I'd initially be playing Destiny on, and I stand by that decision.

Anyway, cards on the table: My articulation is that initial post is a bit of a mess, I must admit. There's a reason I don't post on forums much, shitty articulation .__.

:D

Preach!

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Sunday, July 20, 2014, 13:54 (3567 days ago) @ SigbiasSilva

articulation .__.

Preach!...uh... Again!

:D

WOO HOO!

Imagine playing on the PS3...

by Doooskey, Kansas City, MO, Sunday, July 20, 2014, 13:31 (3567 days ago) @ scarab

My eyes and my hands are strained... The dual shock 3 is... well, not ideal.

by petetheduck, Sunday, July 20, 2014, 15:26 (3567 days ago) @ Doooskey

My eyes and my hands are strained... The dual shock 3 is... well, not ideal.

Seems like an opportunity for the mod community--gut an Xbox 360 controller (since it seems to have the superior thumb sticks) and put PS4 controller guts in it. I do like the Xbox One controller, but going back to my 360, I see what people are saying about the resistance in the thumb sticks. It's subtle. Or, hey, mod the 360 thumb sticks into the PS4 components in the Xbox One controller ..

by Doooskey, Kansas City, MO, Sunday, July 20, 2014, 19:53 (3567 days ago) @ petetheduck

I like the way you think Pete... I only played on the PS3 for this first weekend of the Beta (borrowed it from a friend who doesn't use it).

I'll be on Xbox One and 360 this week. So, I'll be back to the Xbox controller soon.

Hopefully my Crucible game will jump up...

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread