Xbox One version of Destiny confirmed (Destiny)

by petetheduck, Monday, July 21, 2014, 09:52 (3566 days ago)

I'm as surprised as you are. It sounds like there will even be an Xbox One Beta on the 23rd!

:D

I jest. #MoreBungie

Xbox One version of Destiny confirmed

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, July 21, 2014, 10:05 (3566 days ago) @ petetheduck

REALLY! OMG NO WAI!

This makes me so Happy... like... like...

[image]

Looks great

by RC ⌂, UK, Monday, July 21, 2014, 10:10 (3566 days ago) @ petetheduck

As good as flash-video encodes can look anyway.

Wait, I thought this game was a PS4 exclusive?!

by kapowaz, Monday, July 21, 2014, 10:15 (3566 days ago) @ petetheduck

- No text -

You're not helping…

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Monday, July 21, 2014, 10:20 (3566 days ago) @ kapowaz

;-)

Really, though, the cross-gen issues highlighted in this news story really make sense. At least characters will be accessible across generations of the same platform. This means your friends can play on their Xbox One, but when they want to put together a Fireteam with you, they can launch it on the 360 and use the same character.

You're not helping…

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Monday, July 21, 2014, 11:09 (3566 days ago) @ Beorn

I wonder if you meant to reply to the thread below this one?

You're not helping…

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Monday, July 21, 2014, 11:47 (3566 days ago) @ stabbim

You are absolutely right. Dur.

You're not helping…

by kapowaz, Monday, July 21, 2014, 12:13 (3566 days ago) @ Beorn

I was super confused.

You're not helping…

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Monday, July 21, 2014, 12:26 (3566 days ago) @ kapowaz

I was super confused.

Apparently so was I.

Remember: coffee first, then post. Also, don't stay up until 4am playing Destiny and wake up at 7.

You're not helping…

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Monday, July 21, 2014, 11:40 (3566 days ago) @ Beorn

Sure, as long as they also paid for a 360 copy of the game.

Xbox One version of Destiny confirmed

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Monday, July 21, 2014, 11:16 (3566 days ago) @ petetheduck

I'm surprised Korny hasn't joined this thread. It seems like a trap.

YouTube Version Here

by DaDerga, Baile Átha Cliath, Monday, July 21, 2014, 17:09 (3566 days ago) @ petetheduck

So the graphics are exactly the same....

by bluerunner @, Music City, Monday, July 21, 2014, 17:23 (3566 days ago) @ DaDerga

"We can put any fanbody wars to rest before it ships."

Were it so easy. :P

Since I'll probably be swapping back and forth because of the lack of cross-gen play, it will be interesting to see how much the graphical details affect gameplay.

So the graphics are exactly the same....

by DaDerga, Baile Átha Cliath, Tuesday, July 22, 2014, 01:54 (3566 days ago) @ bluerunner

It certainly seems that way, and I would imagine that any differences would be along the lines covered in the first article linked to in this post.

I've been swapping back and forth...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, July 22, 2014, 02:46 (3566 days ago) @ bluerunner

"We can put any fanbody wars to rest before it ships."

Were it so easy. :P

Since I'll probably be swapping back and forth because of the lack of cross-gen play, it will be interesting to see how much the graphical details affect gameplay.

The gameplay has been essentially identical, barring the differences in the controls (DS3 is NOT an FPS controller). After some adjustment to the lack of fluidity associated with the DS3, the game plays pretty much the same, but with very muddy graphics. I was impressed by the draw distances (should upload my mothyard comparison pics), and I think that the insane hit to graphics (the game essentially feels like it's in upscaled 480p) was the price to pay for the gameplay to be comparable to the new-gen consoles. I've never been one to fault a game for being 30FPS or having sub-HD graphics, but Destiny has pushed my boundaries on that, but only because it actually causes me eye strain to play it on PS3. Snipe said that the 360 is better, so we'll see on Wednesday...

Like I told the DBrOs when I went back to PS4 after a long game on PS3, you don't truly appreciate all of the tiny details in Destiny until you've been away from them. I was impressed all over again.

by DaDerga, Baile Átha Cliath, Tuesday, July 22, 2014, 03:34 (3566 days ago) @ Korny

Like I told the DBrOs when I went back to PS4 after a long game on PS3, you don't truly appreciate all of the tiny details in Destiny until you've been away from them. I was impressed all over again.

That's great to hear as Destiny (well, and The Witcher 3) is the game I'm moving to current-gen for and I want to be dazzled by the shinies for the actual release. I'm content to beta on 360.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, July 22, 2014, 09:41 (3565 days ago) @ Korny

The gameplay has been essentially identical, barring the differences in the controls (DS3 is NOT an FPS controller). After some adjustment to the lack of fluidity associated with the DS3, the game plays pretty much the same, but with very muddy graphics. I was impressed by the draw distances (should upload my mothyard comparison pics), and I think that the insane hit to graphics (the game essentially feels like it's in upscaled 480p) was the price to pay for the gameplay to be comparable to the new-gen consoles.

That's probably it. I had to play a few other PS3 games just to compare, since after trying Destiny on the PS3 I kept thinking "I don't remember PS3 games looking THIS bad". They don't. Destiny looks far worse than Uncharted, Beyond Two Souls, etc, but that's as you say probably because the world and draw distance is so much larger in Destiny. Other games have the luxury of being designed around previous generation limitations, whereas Destiny just has to deal with them.

It's not 480p though (it's 1024x624) but maybe it should have been. I'd pick sharper textures over increased resolution. Games like MGS4 look great, and it ran at 540p on the PS3.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread