A few UI Improvement Requests (Destiny)

by Decom @, Monday, July 21, 2014, 15:40 (3538 days ago)

There are a few UI improvements I'd be extremely grateful for:

1. Fading HUD: Have the rest of the HUD configurable to fade like the level progression bar does. Have separate toggle with on/off/auto-dim for each piece of the HUD -- level bar, motion tracker, and weapon/ability display.

2. Independent voice volume control: Sometimes it's really hard to hear the dialog. Most games break the volume controls down into voice, music, and sound effects / the rest.

3. Ability to pause cutscenes: this is a necessary feature for anybody who lives in a house with other people.

4. Label the colors on the character creation menu: I'm colorblind and I can't tell if my character is ugly or not with out labels on the colors. Even if it was just something like Purple 1, Purple 2, Blue 1, Blue 2, etc., that'd be fine.

Any other ideas?

A few UI Improvement Requests

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Monday, July 21, 2014, 18:28 (3538 days ago) @ Decom

There are a few UI improvements I'd be extremely grateful for:

1. Fading HUD: Have the rest of the HUD configurable to fade like the level progression bar does. Have separate toggle with on/off/auto-dim for each piece of the HUD -- level bar, motion tracker, and weapon/ability display.

I don't think I've ever used this feature long-term, but I appreciate when games have it.

2. Independent voice volume control: Sometimes it's really hard to hear the dialog. Most games break the volume controls down into voice, music, and sound effects / the rest.

Yeah, even if things are mixed well, I like the ability to change sound levels independently, and this feature is one I do use sometimes.

3. Ability to pause cutscenes: this is a necessary feature for anybody who lives in a house with other people.

That doesn't really seem like a UI or UX thing, but it would be nice.

4. Label the colors on the character creation menu: I'm colorblind and I can't tell if my character is ugly or not with out labels on the colors. Even if it was just something like Purple 1, Purple 2, Blue 1, Blue 2, etc., that'd be fine.

I hadn't thought about that; it sounds like a good idea.

Any other ideas?

No, but I think I'll have some after I get to play.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, July 21, 2014, 18:43 (3538 days ago) @ Decom

Relevant for those of us who aren't colorblind.

re: Ability to pause cutscenes

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Tuesday, July 22, 2014, 02:05 (3537 days ago) @ Decom

I was able to play around in my inventory during a cut scene and dismantle a few items but I didn't see indications that I got any glimmer out of it.

Will do a proper test on XB1 to test the theory that items dismantled during cut scenes don't result in glimmer.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, July 22, 2014, 04:10 (3537 days ago) @ Decom

Make theater mode option more obvious. I still can't find it.

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Tuesday, July 22, 2014, 04:14 (3537 days ago) @ Kermit

Make theater mode option more obvious. I still can't find it.

It's the button labeled "Share" on your PS4 :P

Nope.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, July 22, 2014, 05:17 (3537 days ago) @ Revenant1988

- No text -

definitely a good one

by Decom @, Tuesday, July 22, 2014, 14:04 (3537 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

Two more

by Decom @, Tuesday, July 22, 2014, 18:41 (3537 days ago) @ Decom

Another one I just thought of is that the cursor should automatically move to the most likely thing the user wants to do. Particularly, move to the "Launch" button after selecting a thing to do.

Also, it'd be nice if the game would remember the last played difficulty and use that as the default when picking the next mission. Or just have a something in the settings menu to pick a default difficulty.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread