Way of the Gun (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, July 21, 2014, 19:14 (3565 days ago)

The Hunter's Super is totally not OP. No way. It's not as if it lets you instakill from across the map, or storm a heavily defended area alone. Nope :-p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6YzIVwlDHI

This was recorded with the PS4 share recorder, which produces surprisingly decent video, but it's only at 720p and in stereo. I'd watch it at 720p though, since maybe then you can make out the guys that are being shot :-p

But seriously, I'm not bothered at all by supers.

Way of the Gun

by rliebherr @, St. Louis, Missouri, Monday, July 21, 2014, 19:22 (3565 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I think they need to reduce the duration, or limit it to one or two shots in the Crucible. Don't touch it in story or explore. You can wipe out most of team in one super...

Way of the Gun

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Monday, July 21, 2014, 19:29 (3565 days ago) @ rliebherr

I think they need to reduce the duration, or limit it to one or two shots in the Crucible. Don't touch it in story or explore. You can wipe out most of team in one super...

If that's the case though they need to also rebalance the other supers. Three is a balance against the other supers which can literally kill an ENTIRE team. Most of the time with my Way of the Gun I get 1-2 kills, which is about the same I get when using Fist of Havoc or Nova Bomb.

Way of the Gun

by Joe Duplessie (SNIPE 316) ⌂ @, Detroit, Monday, July 21, 2014, 20:01 (3565 days ago) @ Xenos

If that's the case though they need to also rebalance the other supers. Three is a balance against the other supers which can literally kill an ENTIRE team. Most of the time with my Way of the Gun I get 1-2 kills, which is about the same I get when using Fist of Havoc or Nova Bomb.

Let's not pretend that balance is something they're going for here, please.

Way of the Gun

by RaichuKFM @, Northeastern Ohio, Monday, July 21, 2014, 20:04 (3565 days ago) @ Joe Duplessie (SNIPE 316)

That isn't really the most constructive comment in this discussion.

Way of the Gun

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Monday, July 21, 2014, 20:09 (3565 days ago) @ Joe Duplessie (SNIPE 316)

Let's not pretend that balance is something they're going for here, please.

It felt pretty balanced to me. Played all three classes, and though each one was about equally deadly. Of course we could argue back and forth, what we really need are some statistics to see how the three classes shake out.

Way of the Gun

by Avateur @, Monday, July 21, 2014, 20:11 (3565 days ago) @ Xenos

Agreed. Granted, that gun can do damage from all sorts of distance. Pretend you're a Titan and apply it to those videos, you get no kills or only one. That's the key difference here. Those aren't balanced at all, especially since the other things "can kill an entrie team" but seem like they'd hardly be presented with the opportunity to beyond a random cluster of enemies. I'd love to know how often that happens, or how often it will once people figure out to quit clustering (though I can't say I ever ran into a cluster of enemies at any point while playing, but this is just my one person's experience lol).

Way of the Gun

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Monday, July 21, 2014, 20:30 (3565 days ago) @ Avateur

(though I can't say I ever ran into a cluster of enemies at any point while playing, but this is just my one person's experience lol).

Control makes it so easy... they just sit there... waiting

Way of the Gun

by bluerunner @, Music City, Monday, July 21, 2014, 20:48 (3565 days ago) @ MrPadraig08

(though I can't say I ever ran into a cluster of enemies at any point while playing, but this is just my one person's experience lol).

Control makes it so easy... they just sit there... waiting

I learned that if I have a couple of teammates on the capture point I can just sit back in a corner and get an easy kill on a titan who is slamming them.

Way of the Gun

by Jabberwok, Tuesday, July 22, 2014, 09:55 (3565 days ago) @ Avateur
edited by Jabberwok, Tuesday, July 22, 2014, 10:13

All I know is that, watching alpha and beta footage, I have seen way more kills with the Golden Gun than with the other class supers. The range thing is a big deal. Even the Warlock has a pretty limited range, with Nova Bomb's dropoff and flight time. And the other two powers pretty much rely on getting lucky, with enemies bunching together, whereas the Hunter super always has a chance of getting three kills if the player is good.

If they wanted to balance it, I would say increase Nova Bomb's speed by a lot, and decrease the drop, and maybe add some sort of forward dash to the Titan super to give it more range. It could be optional if the button were held down or something.

I'm also a little bias, because I think Golden Gun is kind of silly. But I don't think I'm wrong about the asymmetry of the kills I've seen. Hope there are some actual stats from Bungie floating around on that...

EDIT: Seeing some footage of the higher level Titan and Warlock makes me feel like things could be more balanced in multi, but I've yet to see what a level 20 Hunter super looks like...

Way of the Gun

by Schooly D, TSD Gaming Condo, TX, Tuesday, July 22, 2014, 10:17 (3565 days ago) @ Jabberwok

If they wanted to balance it, I would say increase Nova Bomb's speed by a lot, and decrease the drop, and maybe add some sort of forward dash to the Titan super to give it more range. It could be optional if the button were held down or something.

[image]

Way of the Gun

by Jabberwok, Tuesday, July 22, 2014, 10:35 (3565 days ago) @ Schooly D

Yeah, all right, haven't been able to play it, so I'm not up on things. My only judge was the alpha footage I had seen before.

Way of the Gun

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, July 21, 2014, 20:12 (3565 days ago) @ Xenos

It felt pretty balanced to me. Played all three classes, and though each one was about equally deadly. Of course we could argue back and forth, what we really need are some statistics to see how the three classes shake out.

I think the difference is that you can mitigate the effectiveness of the Warlock / Titan super by not clumping up. Not so with the Hunter. As you can see killing three people who are far apart can occur.

I'd say make the aiming a bit less sticky on the super and call it a day. The video I posted was WITHOUT the ability that increases the Golden Gun's accuracy.

Way of the Gun

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Monday, July 21, 2014, 20:15 (3565 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I think the difference is that you can mitigate the effectiveness of the Warlock / Titan super by not clumping up. Not so with the Hunter. As you can see killing three people who are far apart can occur.

Yeah, but that also brings up the point that you have to take into account the numerous times that you pop Way of the Gun only to be killed from someone you weren't aware of before you can aim at your intended target, and now the super is gone. Titan or Warlock on the other hand, once you pop it, I've NEVER been killed before it completes and takes out my target (given I placed it well of course).

Way of the Gun

by Avateur @, Monday, July 21, 2014, 20:16 (3565 days ago) @ Xenos

That's not balance, though. That's dumb luck, or you not paying attention to your radar.

Edit: Referring to the use of the "Golden Gun" and being killed once you pop it.

Way of the Gun

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Monday, July 21, 2014, 20:18 (3565 days ago) @ Avateur

That's not balance, though. That's dumb luck, or you not paying attention to your radar.

Edit: Referring to the use of the "Golden Gun" and being killed once you pop it.

It IS balance it's just hard to take into account. It will definitely cause the Hunter to have a lot more 0 kills with their Super than the other two Guardians.

Way of the Gun

by bluerunner @, Music City, Monday, July 21, 2014, 20:55 (3565 days ago) @ Xenos

It IS balance it's just hard to take into account. It will definitely cause the Hunter to have a lot more 0 kills with their Super than the other two Guardians.

Plus you get more warning when a hunter activates it. That animation takes a couple of seconds. I've seen them do the animation and had enough time to realize I need to get away. There's not much you can do when a titan does his super. One second you've got the drop on him and the next your body is flying off the map.

Way of the Gun

by Jabberwok, Tuesday, July 22, 2014, 09:59 (3565 days ago) @ bluerunner

Plus you get more warning when a hunter activates it. That animation takes a couple of seconds. I've seen them do the animation and had enough time to realize I need to get away. There's not much you can do when a titan does his super. One second you've got the drop on him and the next your body is flying off the map.

But that's also assuming that the player is in your sight when they activate it. I've seen so many times where someone just dies in one hit, and only afterwards realizes that some guy across the map shot him with Golden Gun. It's basically an on-command sniper, except even more powerful.

Way of the Gun

by RaichuKFM @, Northeastern Ohio, Monday, July 21, 2014, 20:23 (3565 days ago) @ Xenos

I've been killed in the middle of a Nova Bomb launch, but it doesn't count as using it if no bomb actually appears.

Way of the Gun

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Monday, July 21, 2014, 20:24 (3565 days ago) @ RaichuKFM

I've been killed in the middle of a Nova Bomb launch, but it doesn't count as using it if no bomb actually appears.

Yeah, with Hunter, once you used it, even if you don't take a shot, it's gone.

Way of the Gun

by Yapok @, Monday, July 21, 2014, 21:05 (3565 days ago) @ Xenos

its so satisfying to get up in a hunters personal space with it out and kill him with a shotgun before he can use it on you.

Way of the Gun

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Monday, July 21, 2014, 21:06 (3565 days ago) @ Yapok

its so satisfying to get up in a hunters personal space with it out and kill him with a shotgun before he can use it on you.

I don't disagree, I laughed maniacally every time I Super-stuffed a Hunter.

Way of the Gun

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Tuesday, July 22, 2014, 02:03 (3565 days ago) @ Cody Miller

The Hunter's Super is totally not OP. No way. It's not as if it lets you instakill from across the map, or storm a heavily defended area alone. Nope :-p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6YzIVwlDHI

This was recorded with the PS4 share recorder, which produces surprisingly decent video, but it's only at 720p and in stereo. I'd watch it at 720p though, since maybe then you can make out the guys that are being shot :-p

But seriously, I'm not bothered at all by supers.

I've been able to hear golden guns activating around the corner and have been able to peace out right quick whereas when I hear the nova bomb or the titan slam, I know it's game over even if I immediately double jump.

Level 20 titan death from above.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Tuesday, July 22, 2014, 04:27 (3565 days ago) @ Cody Miller

It's like superman.

http://makeagif.com/i/vdSLIo

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Tuesday, July 22, 2014, 05:15 (3565 days ago) @ bluerunner

It's like superman.

I imagine that once your fireteam is full of Level 20s, Destiny will have turned into some kind of superhero action game.

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Tuesday, July 22, 2014, 05:39 (3565 days ago) @ kidtsunami

It's like superman.

I imagine that once your fireteam is full of Level 20s, Destiny will have turned into some kind of superhero action game.

I'm quite looking forward to those moments late-game.

Reminds me of Mass Effect's Biotic Charge.

I think the trick will be to chain your fireteam's supers together to make it through some areas.

Gonna be a great time.

~m

by Kalamari @, Waiting for Ghorn, FB, and BH, Tuesday, July 22, 2014, 07:00 (3565 days ago) @ Malagate

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite Destiny Class on the Citadel. #teamtitan

This gif just sold me on the game, I can't wait to explore all the shenanigans that these abilities will prduce.

#teamhunter

by bluerunner @, Music City, Tuesday, July 22, 2014, 07:31 (3565 days ago) @ Kalamari

Looks like the hunter can recharge his by killing enemies.

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img661/5333/64773f.gif

#teamhunter

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Tuesday, July 22, 2014, 08:02 (3565 days ago) @ bluerunner

That's an ability modifier in the Bladedancer subclass:

Encore: Killing an enemy with Arc Blade extends its duration.

I wonder if there's a limit, or if it's essentially infinite destruction as long as you're within a step or two of enemies

#teamhunter

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Tuesday, July 22, 2014, 08:07 (3565 days ago) @ JDQuackers

Reminds me of the berserker in Borderlands 1. Once you pop the special, People in a 2 mile radius get rampaged.

#teamhunter

by TTL Demag0gue ⌂ @, Within the shadow of the Traveler, Tuesday, July 22, 2014, 10:01 (3565 days ago) @ JDQuackers

That's an ability modifier in the Bladedancer subclass:

Bladedancer is going to be badass...

#teamtitan

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Tuesday, July 22, 2014, 08:24 (3565 days ago) @ bluerunner

Sorry, Titan or bust.

Though I'll never be one of those loud orange bastards.

#teamtitan

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Tuesday, July 22, 2014, 08:31 (3565 days ago) @ Revenant1988

That's ok.

Every Micheal Jordan needs his Bill Murray.

#teamtitan

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Tuesday, July 22, 2014, 08:48 (3565 days ago) @ MrPadraig08

That's ok.

Every Micheal Jordan needs his Bill Murray.

As long as I don't have to be Daffy.

I would be honored to be Bill Murray.

Not Garfield Bill Murray though.

no words...

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Tuesday, July 22, 2014, 05:53 (3565 days ago) @ bluerunner

should've sent a poet...

Deer's Cry (Excerpt)

by DaDerga, Baile Átha Cliath, Tuesday, July 22, 2014, 06:45 (3565 days ago) @ MrPadraig08

Anonymous – 8th Century

Today I gird myself
With power of heaven,
light of the sun,
brilliance of the moon,
splendor of fire,
speed of lightning,
swiftness of wind,
depths of sea,
firmness of earth,
hardness of rock.

Deer's Cry (Excerpt)

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Tuesday, July 22, 2014, 07:15 (3565 days ago) @ DaDerga

hardness of rock.

I too gird myself. Dat super.

I used to be all about the Warlock, but after seeing some Titan gameplay as of late... I just can't help it. I'm now officially on #TeamTitan

Slamith of thy Jam

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Tuesday, July 22, 2014, 07:38 (3565 days ago) @ DaDerga

ev'rybody geteth up it's timeth to slam now
we got a real jameth goin' down
welcome to the space jam
here's thy chance, doeth thy danceth at the space jam
alright

come on and slam, and welcometh to the jam
come on and slam, if thou wanna jam

hey thou, watcha gon' do
hey thou, watcha gon' do
hey thou, watcha gon' do
hey thou, watcha gon' do

party people in the house lets go
it's thy sirrah "jayski" a'ight so
pass that thing and watcheth me flex
behind mineth backeth, thou knoweth what's next
to the jameth, all in thy face
wassup, just feeleth the bass
drop it, rocketh it, down the room
shake it, quake it, space kaboom

just worketh that corse, worketh that body
make sure thou don't hurteth nobody
get wild and loseth thy mind
take this thing into o'ertime
hey dj, turneth it up
qcd gon' burneth it up
come on y'all geteth on the floor
so ho, leteth's goeth a'ight

everybody geteth up it's timeth to slam now
welcome to the space jam
alright

wave thy hands in the air if thou feeleth fine
we're gonna taketh it into o'ertime
welcome to the space jam
alright

come on, it's timeth to geteth hyp'd sayeth "hoop, thither 'tis"
come on, all the fellas sayeth "hoop, thither 'tis"
come on, one timeth f'r the ladies, sayeth "hoop, thither 'tis"
now, all the fellas, sayeth "hoop, thither 'tis"
right

come on and runeth, baby run
come on, cometh on, doeth it, runeth baby run
yeah, thou wanna hoop, so shooteth, baby shoot
uh, it's timeth to hoop, so shooteth, baby, shooteth, baby

slam, bam, thanketh thou ma'am
get on the flo'r and jam
it's the qcd on the microphone
girl thou got me in the zone
come on, cometh on and starteth the game
break it down, telleth me thy name
we the team, i'm the coach
let's danceth all night from coast to coast

just slideth, from left to right
just slideth, yourself tonight
qcd, dropeth the bass
3-1-1 all in thy face
jam on it, leteth's hast some fun
jam on it, one on one
you runeth the "o" and i runeth the "d"
so cometh on baby, just jameth f'r me

welcome to the space jam
alright

welcome to the space jam
alright

hey ladies
(yeah)
y'all ready to stopeth?
(no)
and y'all wanna knoweth wherefore?
(why?)
'cause it's the slam jam

fellas
(yeah)
y'all ready to stopeth?
(no)
y'all wanna knoweth wherefore?
(why?)
it's timeth to slam jam

welcome to the space jam
alright

welcome to the space jam
alright

come on, ev'rybody sayeth "na na na na na"
come on, cometh on, leteth me heareth thou sayeth "hey-ey-ey-yo"
come on, cometh on, ev'rybody, "na na na na na"
just taketh the timeth and leteth's sayeth "hey-ey-ey-yo"

check it out, it it out, y'all ready f'r this
(you knoweth it)
nah, y'all ain't ready, y'all ready f'r this
(you knoweth it)
come on, checketh it out, y'all ready to jam
(you knoweth it)
i, i, i don't thinketh so, y'all ready to jam
(you knoweth it)
come on

I wonder what the furthest distance traveled with that is?

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Tuesday, July 22, 2014, 07:01 (3565 days ago) @ bluerunner

- No text -

Level 20 titan death from above (larger html5 version)

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Tuesday, July 22, 2014, 07:32 (3565 days ago) @ bluerunner

Here is a larger HTML5 version that can be resized if anyone is interested:

http://gfycat.com/MarvelousPessimisticKinglet

Also, the source video is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1opIH238wc
(This super is shown at 4m54s)

Level 20 titan death from above (larger html5 version)

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Tuesday, July 22, 2014, 07:42 (3565 days ago) @ JDQuackers

I can't wait to cross map someone with my fist.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread