4,638,937 Played The Beta (Destiny)

by DaDerga, Baile Átha Cliath, Wednesday, July 30, 2014, 07:09 (3551 days ago)

Article here.

Impressive, but I wish I had a frame a reference

by Doooskey, Kansas City, MO, Wednesday, July 30, 2014, 08:14 (3551 days ago) @ DaDerga

That number impresses me, but at the same time I don't know what it will mean in the long run.

It's definitely awesome that 4.6 million people had the chance to play. I also wonder what that number means, is that total downloads? Personally I downloaded the Beta to 3 consoles (PS3, Xbone, and 360). I didn't end up playing it on the 360, but I had 5-6 friends come and play on the PS3 who didn't download it or play it on their own, but plan on buying it in September - more so after their experience with the Beta.

by kanbo @, Seattle, WA, Wednesday, July 30, 2014, 08:17 (3551 days ago) @ Doooskey

It's definitely awesome that 4.6 million people had the chance to play. I also wonder what that number means, is that total downloads?

It's probably the number of registered network accounts that accessed the game itself. So you would count as one player if you played on PS3 and PS4, but two players if you played on PS3 and X1.

Just a guess, though.

by DaDerga, Baile Átha Cliath, Wednesday, July 30, 2014, 08:21 (3551 days ago) @ Doooskey

That number impresses me, but at the same time I don't know what it will mean in the long run.

Yeah, the lack of a contextual aspect to the figures does lessen the significance somewhat, but if your an Acti shareholder the giant numbers must make you a happy camper indeed.

Some Context

by DaDerga, Baile Átha Cliath, Wednesday, July 30, 2014, 08:37 (3551 days ago) @ Doooskey

More stats coming soon, but for context the beta was bigger than every previous beta we conducted...combined (!!!!!!!)

Urk on twitter.

Some Context

by uberfoop @, Seattle-ish, Wednesday, July 30, 2014, 09:25 (3551 days ago) @ DaDerga

More stats coming soon, but for context the beta was bigger than every previous beta we conducted...combined (!!!!!!!)

Urk on twitter.

Still doesn't give very good context, as their previous betas were significantly less accessible and were single-platform. This was a four-platform beta which had tremendously available download codes, and which didn't even need that in its final few days.

Some Context

by DaDerga, Baile Átha Cliath, Wednesday, July 30, 2014, 09:30 (3551 days ago) @ uberfoop

Still doesn't give very good context, as their previous betas were significantly less accessible and were single-platform. This was a four-platform beta which had tremendously available download codes, and which didn't even need that in its final few days.

No it's far from ideal but he has indicated that more info is incoming. Perhaps then there'll be a more meaningful context for the raw number?

That's why the Earth was created

by scarab @, Wednesday, July 30, 2014, 12:53 (3551 days ago) @ DaDerga

No it's far from ideal but he has indicated that more info is incoming. Perhaps then there'll be a more meaningful context for the raw number?

We can blame the mice for that.

Nice. ;)

by DaDerga, Baile Átha Cliath, Wednesday, July 30, 2014, 14:51 (3550 days ago) @ scarab

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread