Plans for D-Day? (Destiny)

by Anton P. Nym (aka Steve) ⌂ @, London, Ontario, Canada, Wednesday, July 30, 2014, 08:38 (3551 days ago)

Well, I just got approval for a day off on September 9th so I can, er, be at home to sign for a parcel delivery that day [shifty eyes] so that's taken care of. I don't know when my pre-order will arrive though Future Shop's been good at getting my preorders to me in the morning... I look forward to making a big dent in the story on day 1 to get ahead of the spoilers.

Anyone else making cunning plans for the day?

-- Steve was on the fence about preordering, but the beta was enough to tip him off in favour of a Limited Edition.

Plans for D-Day?

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, July 30, 2014, 08:52 (3551 days ago) @ Anton P. Nym (aka Steve)

Well, I just got approval for a day off on September 9th so I can, er, be at home to sign for a parcel delivery that day [shifty eyes] so that's taken care of.

Luckily I don't have to justify my days off, so I have Tue-Fri off that week :-D Between that and PAX less than 2 weeks before that's most of my vacation for the year.

Plans for D-Day?

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, July 30, 2014, 09:11 (3551 days ago) @ Anton P. Nym (aka Steve)

I'm definitely taking that day off, and maybe the next.

I might stay home on launch night, though. My digital copy supposedly will be ready to go at midnight.

Gamestop is working on getting my Xbone copy shipped to the store, though, so I may join the festivities.

Plans for D-Day?

by yakaman, Wednesday, July 30, 2014, 09:26 (3551 days ago) @ Anton P. Nym (aka Steve)

Well, I just got approval for a day off on September 9th so I can, er, be at home to sign for a parcel delivery that day [shifty eyes] so that's taken care of. I don't know when my pre-order will arrive though Future Shop's been good at getting my preorders to me in the morning... I look forward to making a big dent in the story on day 1 to get ahead of the spoilers.

Anyone else making cunning plans for the day?

-- Steve was on the fence about preordering, but the beta was enough to tip him off in favour of a Limited Edition.

I usually have to take 2 days off, especially if I do a midnight pickup. Old bastard that I am, I just can't recover fast enough from an all-night play session.

I think this time I will take Tuesday off, and then Friday - giving me that first chance to dive in to all the new shiny, and then a long weekend to play with my friends.

All in all, I am now very excited. The Beta was indeed a beneficial experience, both for me and my friends.

Plans for D-Day?

by RaichuKFM @, Northeastern Ohio, Wednesday, July 30, 2014, 10:35 (3551 days ago) @ Anton P. Nym (aka Steve)

I'm going to be in college; my brother is going to pick my preorder up along with his, but I'm going to have to wait until my dad can make the three hour drive up to where I'll be to actually get it. And he has to have time for the the three hour drive back, too. Eheheheh...

Plans for D-Day?

by marmot 1333 @, Thursday, July 31, 2014, 09:27 (3550 days ago) @ RaichuKFM

So... why don't you just order from Amazon and have them do all the driving for you?

Honestly forgot one could do that

by RaichuKFM @, Northeastern Ohio, Thursday, July 31, 2014, 13:11 (3550 days ago) @ marmot 1333

- No text -

Plans for D-Day?

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Friday, August 01, 2014, 18:59 (3549 days ago) @ marmot 1333

You could just buy it somewhere closer, too. Surely a college town must have a game store.

Plans for D-Day?

by SteelGaribaldi @, Sol system, Wednesday, July 30, 2014, 21:28 (3551 days ago) @ Anton P. Nym (aka Steve)

Between Christmas and New Year's I scheduled my vacation time for this year. (That's something you do when you're the guy on call for 2 weeks and everyone else is on Christmas vacation. :) I'm taking a 3 week vacation at the end of August, with Destiny Week being the last week of vacation. I'll be rested and ready to push back The Darkness (The Darkness!) for several days in a row, and then I'll go back to work and integrate Destiny into my normal life.

Plans for D-Day?

by Mid7night ⌂ @, Rocket BSCHSHCSHSHCCHGGH!!!!!!, Thursday, July 31, 2014, 07:54 (3550 days ago) @ Anton P. Nym (aka Steve)

My 1-year-old dictates that I'll only be playing after bedtime, so no need for a day off. :P

I'll be on late that night most likely....so maybe taking the 10th off would be more appropriate?... ;)

Plans for D-Day?

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, July 31, 2014, 09:19 (3550 days ago) @ Mid7night

My 1-year-old dictates that I'll only be playing after bedtime, so no need for a day off. :P

What?! You're aren't letting lil' Obie play? Tsk tsk tsk...

;p

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread