Quick Forum Question (DBO)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, July 31, 2014, 09:45 (3555 days ago)

I know if I use the [youtube] tags I can embed youtube videos here.

Is such a thing (embedding) currently possible with Vumio? Or would that have to be a link only thing?

Never heard of Vumio

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Thursday, July 31, 2014, 09:53 (3555 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

I believe he means Vimeo

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, July 31, 2014, 09:55 (3555 days ago) @ MrPadraig08

- No text -

^ This.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, July 31, 2014, 11:10 (3555 days ago) @ Xenos

D'oh.

^ This.

by marmot 1333 @, Thursday, July 31, 2014, 11:12 (3555 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

I like how the link was correct but the text was a new interpretation :)

Quick Answer

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, July 31, 2014, 11:41 (3554 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Don't have time right now to build in FULL functionality, but here's a quick and dirty solution:

Take a Vimeo URL, strip out the beginning (so you're left only with the numerical value at the end of the URL, place it between

[vimeo][/vimeo]

tags, and you should be good to go. (Preview first, to make sure you're getting what you think you're getting. ;) )

Example: if your Vimeo URL was http://vimeo.com/101952159 (off the current Vimeo front page), you'd use 101952159 between the vimeo tags.

Quick Answer - Testing

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, July 31, 2014, 12:52 (3554 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Don't have time right now to build in FULL functionality, but here's a quick and dirty solution:

Take a Vimeo URL, strip out the beginning (so you're left only with the numerical value at the end of the URL, place it between

[vimeo][/vimeo]

tags, and you should be good to go. (Preview first, to make sure you're getting what you think you're getting. ;) )

Example: if your Vimeo URL was http://vimeo.com/101952159 (off the current Vimeo front page), you'd use 101952159 between the vimeo tags.

Testing...

Edit: Yep! Cool! Thanks. :)

Careful with Vimeo

by kapowaz, Thursday, July 31, 2014, 15:13 (3554 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Before you go uploading game footage from Destiny to Vimeo, note that their guidelines (somewhat irritatingly) specifically forbid video game footage:

No screen-captures of video games or gameplay videos, even if edited. (Exception! Game developers can upload examples of their own work. Machinima videos with a story also are allowed, but must be labeled as such in the video description to avoid deletion.)

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread